Gay man mild haemorrhoids occasional bleeding considering sclero/electrotherapy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had mild haemorrhoids for years. They occasionally flare up. I use Scheriproct and recently was prescribed Daktacort for an accompanying rash. I am concerned about thinning of the area due to the continued use of topicals and I occasionally have slight specs of blood on my toilet paper. This all impacts my sex life as to be frank I like being rimmed and also want to have the option of anal sex. When I spoke to my doctor about options he dismissed a referral due to the haemorrhoids not being significant but if there was a better solution I would be interested. I realise that in the grand scheme of things a guy wanting minor haemorrhoids removed due to his sex life could be considered an indulgence, but if a procedure could remove them then that would be great. As well as the aesthetic aspect (can people give feedback as to whether removal improves aesthetics), occasional bleeding is also a health concern re: anal sex. I don't know whether the NHS would entertain a referral for relatively minor haemorrhoids. I could always appeal to my doctor. I would also consider going private. Has anyone gone down either route with relatively minor haemorrhoids and also has anyone had any experience of sclero or electrotherapy as I don't believe that I need anything more invasive and would want a procedure that didn't impact anal sex post-procedure? If private, what have been the costs of such procedures (I don't have health insurance).

Many thanks for any input.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Oh my, I'm responding with no idea or experience with your particular situation, however, we are all human and share basic anatomical similarities.

ABSOLUTELY get this taken care of while the problem is minor!!!! I cannot stress this enough. I do not know where you are located, but in the U.S. we have a banding procedure called CRH O'Regan system that I have had done. It is painless and easier than flossing your teeth. Unfortunately for me, my problems were too great for this to be a success, because I waited too long to seek treatment. If you are only grade 1 or 2, you will absolutely benefit from getting treatment now. Do not suffer through years of issues that will only get worse with time.

I SO wish I had taken steps to rectify my problems earlier on. If anal sex is important to you, I highly recommend fixing the problems as soon as possible. I did not take action to help myself for decades (and I do not engage in anal). It is difficult for me to get out of bed and brush my teeth. Pls. do everything you can to rectify your hemorriods early. You do not want to be me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.