Globus sensation, HPV & health anxiety

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, i am new to this and have never done anything like this before but really need to talk to people or get some advice from someone who maybe suffering the same as me -

i suffer from severe health anxiety

i had a smear test done a few months back that come back HPV high risk detected and low grade cell changes so i had a biopsy taken i was cin 1 and they want to see me in another 12 months to see if its cleared up on its own

being high risk HPV i have googled so much about it and i have now told myself i have got throat cancer due to having majority of the symptoms of it, now i think this because me and my partner have unprotected sex so that means he now must have the HPV if he didn't already, we also have oral sex, so im worrying his fluids etc being in my mouth have now given my throat or neck etc HPV as i was high risk anyway and high risk HPV are the strain on cancers

i have what feels like a lump in my throat for the past 3 weeks ive been seen by 2 different doctors and they've said about this globus sensation, it doesnt just stop at the lump feeling though, i also have what feels like a throbbing sensation at the opening on my throat, the back of my tongue & throat is constantly dry even after a drink, every now and then ill get abit of a sore throat/ stinging feeling and cough but it wont be there constantly, i have to position my neck sometimes mostly of a night time so its comfortable and doesn't feel like everything in my neck is touching together

if anyone else has had something like this please comment so i dont feel like im alone

thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.