Going for Fissurectomy tomorrow 4th of February

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have done the coconut oil, the olive oil, the sitz baths and so much more. These have been measures to manage pain, but they have not been cures...

I have eaten well.... but sometimes even when the stool is as soft as water, the fissure will hurt and ruin an entire day. And so, fissurectomy it is... and upon my surgeons promise, it will be minor, no muscles will be dug into... the fissure will merely be cut afresh and sutures with some health anal skin... I will also insist that nothing else be done... in other words, he will leave the decorative skin tags there. I have no cause to start new fires where there are none.

Will keep you all posted.

Cheers!!!

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck ja22m3-I hope this solves it for you! Wish I was scheduled for tomorrow I can't get in until mid March sad
  • Posted

Good luck and keep us posted as o your experiences afterwards and progress ;-)
  • Posted

Ja22m3  I wish you all the best.  As I've written before on this site. I had what your are having done last year May 2014.   I was full of fear going to the clinic, I need not have been.  I felt only delicate and some sorness after but no more pain.  I hope your doctor gave you good instructions for after the sugery?  Mine did for which I was most grateful.    Mine was a great success as I hope yours will be also.   Best wishes to you and hope  you will be in touch to let us know how you are doing.  Karen.
    • Posted

It is your testimony that made me do it.... it will be fine. Thanks for your support.
  • Posted

I wish you the best of luck! Please so keep updates on your road to recovery.
  • Posted

Goodluck ,,, hope it works well. !!!
  • Posted

Dear all,

I went for the procedure and it was a breeze. No more pain. A delicate feeling but nothing like the pain before.

I recommend you go for it. It's the easiest solution. This is day two.

cheers.

• Posted

Dear Ja22m3,  Very good news that you are doing well.  I hope as time goes by, you will be fully recovered and never exprerience the pain from fissures again.   Was thinking of you and so glad all is well.. Best wishes from me to you,  Karen.
  • Posted

This is day three...

Have had 5 bowel movements. No pain. The hospital stocked me up with strong painkillers but I have only taken them once largely out of fear than pain.

Bleeding was there yesterday but none today.

Sphincter control is good...but still feels delicate.

I would say it's all looking good. And I am a student which means selfcare...no family. But I am managing well.

Best. Cheers!!!

• Posted

Thanks so much for sharing ja22m3, you've eased allot of my anxiety for my surgery, so glad to hear there is one less person suffering from this nasty thing! All the best In your recovery!
    • Posted

jessica28864, if my own experience is anything to go by, you will do well after surgery.  I wish you all the best.  
    • Posted

How are you doing Jessica? Hope you have been able to overcome this?
    • Posted

How long did it take for u to heal after surgery? Would you recommend this surgery?
    • Posted

The pain stopped immediately after surgery, but bleeding stopped by the second day after the operation. And the wound had healed or sealed itself up by day 7. That is, it has become completely repaired and was in no danger of tearing again. I would say, by day 2 and 3, I was okay but just very careful not to tear the place the surgeon had sutured up. They cut the fissure and produce a wider wound, and then take some skin from outside the anus and fold it in to cover the wound like a graft. So you have to be careful not to peel it open when you go to the bathroom. But by day 3, the body has quite aggressively tried to heal the area, and by day 7, it is completely sealed off.
    • Posted

I strongly recommend it. I suffered severe pains. It was a horror show. The pain is severe, extremely severe and hygiene is very difficult because you keep reaching down to tap and touch the area to soothe yourself. Very soon, everything starts to smell like the area. 

​The anal fissure for me was a very difficult thing to deal with because it conflates things that are usually kept apart. But when you have an anal fissure, they all share the same spaces. You eat naked, always surrounded by ointments and concoctions, your phone is covered in coconut oil because you keep applying it and browsing the internet for advise. Your towels smell of tea tree and so do all your buckets of water and the entire toilet. That affects your mind, and in the meantime, the pain is throbbing relentlessly in the ass. It was monstrously difficult for me in a foreign country, away from family.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.