Good medicine-laugh..... A brain fog minion..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Enjoy:-) rolleyes

1 like, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I used the term thingy all the time, most of the time someone knows what I'm talking about. Brain fog - bad enough when you go up or downstairs then forget why you went there, try it with you leg in a cast carrying your crutches. Unless I'm going upstairs to the loo or to bed I've given up.
    • Posted

sad

Feeling for you Susan, it must be sooo hard for you on crutches...I can't even do stairs without...hope things get better for you really soon..do have  a great day..be blessed..:-) xxx

• Posted

I have to come down the stairs on my bum, then crawl up on hands and knees, pulling myself up on the banister at the top. Going to the loo takes forward planning otherwise by the time I get there I'd be dancing, almost impossible to do on crutches!!
    • Posted

Don't rub it in, before my op occupational therapy came to see me said they were going to visit me at home to see what equipment they could lend me to make life easier, whilst I'm in my cast, that was four weeks ago. All I wanted was either another pair of crutches or a frame so that I don't have to lug them up and down the stairs. I've a feeling I won't be seeing anyone.
    • Posted

they just come and tick boxes and then bugger of and you dont hear from or see anyone again
    • Posted

Poor you...can't you hire a porta loo for a while..maybe those occupation therapists could have seen you needed one..grr..have a lovely day..be blessed..:-) xx
    • Posted

It would be a good idea, problem is it would need to be outside and I live on the lower slopes of a mountain, lots of steps out of the house. In fact that's what I "fell" on in the first place.

My right leg sometimes goes from under me, it's as if there isn't anything there, normally I just sit down but because I was on a step I went over.

• Posted

Always frightened of going over...there seems to be quite a few people on here who have their legs just going from under them like that....sooo glad it's not me...makes you think about all those people years and years ago who didn't have a loo....and had a communal one....eeeek...that would have been sooo hard...really hope you get something sorted...it must be terrible..have a nice day. Be blessed..:-) xxx
    • Posted

Think of those outside loos at the bottom of the garden, having to go out in the dark, wind, rain, snow...... Well now I don't feel so bad about crawling up the stairs lol.
    • Posted

Yes..isn't it funny, when we really think..there's always someone worse off than us....I remember when we moved into a new house I was only 12 and there was no sewerage on yet...we had an outside dunny-yes in Australia)..I hated it...even though my dad bought an awesome coverage thing for it...I just hated going out in the cold..,wasn't that far from the house...but still..it was outside...grrr...it was a new area....we had a toilet in the house but the sewerage never came until I was about 14 -ish.memories...but we had fun .laughing our heads off..when the dunny collectors came and replaced it in the early dark mornings every week,  if one was dropped all over them..mm what a job......:-) xxx
    • Posted

Soooo agree.....yukky smelly job...grrrr....I guess someone had to do it...mmm glad the sewerage came...the funny men were made obsolete back in the 60's...bet they got paid well too..:-) xxxxxbiggrin 
    • Posted

Not funny men......dunny men..but they were funny when we were kids..lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.