Graves’ disease and muscle twitching?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone,

i want to know if anybody has ever experienced something similar. About 8 months ago I started getting overall body twitches (never stopped since) with no other symptoms, I did a full blood check and everything was normal. My TSH levels were a little bit low but still borderline normal. Fast forward to now and my muscle twitches still present but sometimes slightly more aggressive. did bloodwork again and found that my TSH was almost non-existent (as well as slightly low vit d) and after a thyroid uptake and scan they diagnosed me with Graves’ disease. I started 5 mg of Tapazole/daily on Thursday. my concern is I don’t see the twitches getting better so far and I’ve also not seen a lot on google relating hyperthyroid with muscle twitching. you would think after almost a week of medication that the twitches would be getting better but they don’t seem to be getting better. I guess I just wanna know if anyone has ever experienced something like this because my mind is going straight to the worst and i havent been able to relax.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.