Grinding to a halt

Posted , 10 users are following.

Does anyone else feel like their bodies and minds are grinding to a halt?....just back from a small shop have abdominal pain and pelvic pain and my legs feel like lead n mind like treacle....please tell me this is hormones, barely functioning ATM and so frustrated I CD scream

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Omg I feel just the same!! Just got back after shopping and my back is really really painful my legs ache and I feel generally "Mehh". And it's only 5.30pm. Tired out 😂
  • Posted

HI Tropical,

yes I know exactly what you are saying, you are definitely not alone. Wish I had some answers for you. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing it....no energy at all etc. I believe it is hormonal. Never been this way before (I'm 57)

This sucks lol. Try to go easy and take care of yourself  They tell me it will pass.  I sure hope so smile

• Posted

Had to go for a lie down....this stuff is unbelievable I agree Lisa...I'm in peri and only 46....I also feel like! I'm losing the plot and God it has to get better...hugs all xxx
  • Posted

I think it is definitely perimenopausal....i had a few good days then wham...yesterday felt spacey ALL day...felt like I was in a bubble...really fatigued and got my aching back/ lower ribs again. This is my latest symptom...started last month. Hoping I don't get severe depression and anxiety i got this time last month though...it was second week of my cycle which will be this week...shudder. sad
    • Posted

Thanks Janine, will keep my fingers crossed you have a better mon....I really love to exercise but feel so fatigued its frightening.....woke up feeling exhausted again....want to visit friends but that is exhausting.....please some light at the end of the tunnel would be good...hugs ladies xxxth
    • Posted

Hi Tropical...i know what you mean about exhaustion....it is the type of fatigue that comes out of nowhere and i don't even want to talk. I had it a couple of days ago on Thurs/Fri afternoon. I really had to push myself to finish work then came home and just lay on my bed. My husband wants me to go for a walk with him but I just want to sleep sad
  • Posted

I am reading this and feeling better..Just to know I am not alone. I get back aches (lower and now upper right side..and I thought I have carpel tunnel or something...I am going to doctor tomorrow for pap ect..going to ask..I thought it was from my job, but has been going on for a few years off and on..but mostly super achey leg at night. I stopped working out because it got worse.
    • Posted

Hi Marisa...I have had aches in mostly my shoulders arms and back (ribs) for years now. I have had all sorts of tests and even saw a rheumatologist as they thought I had fibro or arthritis. All ok though so I just put it down to peri. My mum had really achy arms in peri too. Its good to get a good check up though. I find if I have a day where I have something sugary it makes me more achy. I have cut out caffeine and a lot of sugar so will see if it helps.
  • Posted

Thank you Ladies!!! We are all going through the same things so it must be somewhat "normal". God, it's like we have the CURSE all over again!! 

We just have to slow down a bit.... And we don't like it!! Lol

keep smiling and take care of ourselves. We deserve it. Hugssmile

• Posted

PS yes major neck, shoulder and lower back pain with me too. Yikes! 

However we are tougher than this $&@! And we will make it through.

No Doubt!

• Posted

Hiya, I am 53 with bad anxiety and depression that I am more than certain have been worse since I went or am going through the menopause. You go to a GPS with all your pain and mention like I did last week that my depression has got worse these past few years and you think it is hormonal and he says no.

Let me tell you we all know our own bodies some like mine feel as if they are falling apart.

I then look at the alternative really heavy periods and I think my God men have got life so pigging easy no night sweats, no fuzzy head and no painful body, no periods , no childbirth no anything really. Please excuse my rant but 5minutes before I read this I was asked why I am always moaning by my other half and you just hit it on the head with your question yes I've got all of the above and I hope your feeling better soon.

• Posted

Hi Heather...you are so right...no matter how much my husband trys to understand he doesnt get it....every now and then he has a moment and says he is sick of hearing me complain about my aches and pains and symptoms. I just wish men could experience a dose of what we get...periods morning sickness childbirth and menopause. There is a reason women get the lot though....men just couldn't do it fullstop! Manflu is bad enough....rant over lol smile
    • Posted

Rant away Heather, I really agree....I feel so flat and down today and just plain exhausted...I am going to rest as much as I can....hope you feel better soon too xxx
  • Posted

Good Lord Yes!  Every time I go out on an errand and return home!  I thought it was just me!!  My body hurts from head to toe...literally right down to my toes...!  Good Heavens! Will it ever end?
    • Posted

It's my mind I worry about, just feels like it's shutting down sometimes...oh for better days....hugs your waydeidra xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.