Gynaecologist Useless!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi there, I have now seen the gynaecologist but it was a waste of time I think!

Docs have told me for 18 months that I've got Vaginal Atrophy and my symptoms match what is mentioned in websites and leaflets re this condition. Soreness, wanting to wee all the time etc.

Anyway I put all my cards on the table with this gynaecologist. But she never mentioned Vaginal Atrophy. Never picked up on it. Anyway fair do's, she gave me a good internal examination. But afterwards she said it was probably Kitchen Sclerosis I had got so she prescribed me some steroid cream. Then she told me to keep using the HRT for the dryness. But I kept saying over and over that none of the three types of HRT that I had tried, worked for me! She never addressed the wanting to wee all the time or the bladder discomfort that comes with Vaginal Atrophy.

So now I feel quite fed up. I will try the creams she gave me, just in case they do help but I honestly think she wasn't hearing me and she is way off beam!!! sad

1 like, 126 replies

126 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So frustrating. It's like there is no help or anything they can offer. So sorry Have never had steroid cream though. Could that help????
    • Posted

Ive tryed over the counter cream on outside. It did help at first with vulva irritation. Lately ive just used plain old vaseline and it works just as good.
    • Posted

Very frustrating Nancy. I've never had steroid cream either and yes it could help with Lichen Sclerosus but I don't think that's what it is for one moment. I still believe it's Vaginal Atrophy so it won't help with the soreness up inside or the urge to wee all the time! sad
    • Posted

Did she do a biopsy? And not to be too personal,do you notice any white skin on the vulva which is usually the identifier if no biopsy?
    • Posted

Well then i dont know how she can be sure its Lichens. Lots of info on the net about lichens and the only way to be 100 percent sure is with a biopsy or very pronounced skin features and that isnt even a positive without a biopsy. Id think about seeing a dermatologist for the outside area,although mine didnt really help with that either..big sigh
    • Posted

I don't know how she could be sure either Lee. I think i will read up about it in the next few days. To be honest I don't think the outside area needs anything. That speaks volumes doesn't it. Sorry your dermatologist didn't really help with that either. Yes a big sigh from me too. sad
  • Posted

Shirley, I'm so sorry the appointment didn't work out to help you more.  I just hope the steroid cream might do something.  Did you cope OK with the examination?  That wasn't too painful?  All I can suggest is to give it the time she said and then go back.  I've a feeling you might have to make a real nuisance of yourself there to get the to listen to you!  I'm assuming they haven't made another appointment for you?
    • Posted

Hi Chris, Thanks for your message. The steroid cream may help the outside bits but that's all. The examination wasn't as bad as I expected. Just a bit of short lived discomfort . Yes I will give it three months. Yes I may have to make a real nuisance of myself I agree. They are going to send me an appointment in about 12 weeks. Might be too late. Might have had my hip replacement by then!
    • Posted

Oh yes, I'd forgotten the hip replacement.  It's all very frustrating, isn't it!
  • Posted

*Lichen Schlerosus.
    • Posted

Nevermind,i have heard of it,in fact ive been told i might have a mild case of it. Docs cant agree about that either. Yes there is a group on here for Lichens,im in the group.
    • Posted

Yes I've heard of it too Lee. It's a job and a half when the docs can't agree isn't it. Will perhaps join the group.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.