H-pylori gone but not the pain

Posted , 26 users are following.

Anout 7 months ago I was treated for H-pylori. 2 months later an endoscopy revealed it had been eradicated. The stomach pain persisted. Had a HIDA scan , normal , colonoscopy , normal , upper G I ,normal , heart cath , normal , another upper G I , normal. Had numerous ct scans , all normal. My upper abdomin is still giving horrific problems. Last night , I ate 4 trisket crackers . Went to bed around 11pm. Woke at 6 am with severe bloating and pain. Its been this way for 7 months now. The gastro doc just seems to scratch his head and says its gerd or acid reflux. But really has no helpful info on what to do about this.

However , after the last endoscopy , the pictures did show about 3 or 4 red areas inside my stomach. The doc said they were ulcers. So I've stayed clear of all fried foods . In fact I've stayed clear of all unhealthy foods. Don't really know what else to try. Has anyone had ongoing problems after this long ? Going to my GP on the 28th of Sept. but don't know what to say anymore. Any ideas ? I posted here when I was first diagnosed with H-Pylori and had many suggestions. Just about everyone said things shoud get back to normal after a month or so. Well that didn't happen. Thanks , in advance to anyone responding to this..

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The gp should be giving u a course of medicines, that should help you.It will take time to heal but don't give up. Avoid citrus fruits and Antacids might help to cool down your stomach.

• Posted

Thank you Lester. Do you have any idea what kind of meds ? I'm about done with doctors and testing.. I've had more tests in the past 18 months than I've had in my entire lifetime and I've been around for a good while now. So far , about the only thing that doesn't make me feel like I'm dying seems to be fresh ginger tea. Everything I eat causes terrible pain. Well , maybe not everything , but it sure seems that way. The odd part is , I've gained about 10 pounds since all this started. My stress level is out of this world now. Its hard to even control my temper now. Just seem to be mad at the world now. And I've never had much of a temper. 😈😠.. sorry about that. Thanks Lester...

• Posted

I am not sure about the meds. But I know there is some kinda course for the healing of ulcers. Let’s hope your GP can prescribe something or he might send you back to a Gastrologist and that’s gonna take another 4 weeks.

Let’s hope for the best.

• Posted

My husband is going on 20 weeks with the pain. He just started taking his 2nd round of medication metronidazole 3 times a day 500mg and doxycycline twice a day 100 mg. Plus antacids. He has been seen by the University of Iowa GI he was hospitalize for 9 days and still is in pain. The GI told him to come back in 6 weeks but they cannot get him in until March 2018. What a joke. I feel so bad for him and no idea what to do next. 

He does have bad eating habits  he stays away from spicy food but does not care for vegetables 

I feel for you. You and my husband seem to be having the same issues. 

• Posted

I've actually never been able to get a straight answer from anyone. I posted here , on patient info since day one. A long time ago. Lots of sugestions though. What really makes me mad though. I started eating extremely healthy and walking 3 miles every morning in 2004. Now look at me. Did it all do any good ? Don't think so. I still eat very healthy though. Habit , I guess. My symptons do get a bit better every now and then though. Really have to watch any kind of animal fats though. If I eat over someones house I usually get in big trouble with the pain. I've never had anyone tell me , on here , that they had H-PYLORI and it completely went away. The natural cures that I've tried have never helped at all. And I think I've tried them all. The gatsroenterologist said the H-PYLORI is gone though. So I guess this is as good as it gets. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope , with all my heart , he has a better outcome than I have.. one thing though. There are a lot of people here trying to help. They're good caring people and maybe the sugestions could help your husband. I've been thinking though , that maybe I've just got really really bad gastritis that I simply can't get rid of. Anyway , my prayers are with you and your husband for recovery. Some people assure me it will eventually get better.

• Posted

My husband is being referred to the Mayo Clinic I hope they take him. They also are testing him again for H Pylori. 

It is so frustrating. 

• Posted

Thats great I think. Don't give up hope. At least they are still interested and looking. I'm sure they'll come up with something helpful.

• Posted

Dear Jessie92598,

My daughter is 15... diagnosed hpylori in Jan 2018... completed medication related to hpylori

Till today she's been complaining of severe stomach pain. All the symptoms you mentioned above she's going through... we did colonoscopy, endoscopy, MRI, CT scan and few abdominal xrays... many blood tests everything turned out to be normal. She eliminated all junk, oily and spicy food.. and the pain is still there.. She's on probiotics twice a day. How are you feeling now? Is there any improvement... we consulted many doctors from around our region and totally given up hope as she is suffering a lot...

• Posted

Sooo sorry to hear about your daughter. I was left with gastritis, 3 ulcers and reflux. Had nothing like that before H-PYLORI though. Still have stomach pain. But now it's in my upper abdominal area smack in the middle where the ribs meet and make a V. I Don't put much faith in what the doctors tell me any more. They get all their info from books and I think the books are wrong. The pain has persisted for me. People here have told me it goes away. Well , I'm still waiting for that to happen.

• Posted

But I'm much older than your daughter , so maybe that will make a big difference in her recovery . I've had all the test recently and nothing showed up. Says no more H-PYLORI. He doesn't understand why I still have pain

Maybe mine is something all together different now. I Don't know.

• Posted

I have a 15 year old daughter that had H-Pylori and now it is gone but her stomach pains, not being able to eat much, etc. have continued. Did you ever find a solution for your daughters issues?

• Posted

Did you finally recovered i am having the same symptoms like you. lost faith in doctors

• Posted

anybody feel better? this gastritis is horible going on for two months and not better 😦

• Posted

My H-pylori was cured, but once or twice a year i get a unsettled stomach with mild burping, to which i take Lansoprazole till it goes. When it first came back i went to the doctors to be re tested, and it was negative. The doctor told me you can have the symptoms but not H-pylori. So i take the tablets as necessary tell it goes away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.