Had protected sex with girl who has genital herpes im scared

Posted , 7 users are following.

i had sex with a girl who i didnt know had the disease last night, but the today i found out she had gh. im freaking out and i know my life is going to be over after this the worst part of it all i was a virgin ....she was not having an outbreak at the time and i think shes taking medication for it but i know comdoms only reduce the risk of contracting the disease. im only 16 and i feel so dumb. ive been praying that i didnt get it but im freaking out ,ive already told myself if i get it im probably going to kill myself i cant deal with this right now and honestly i want to die

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That wasnt right of her to not tell you before hand. But if you used protection and she is on supressive medication your chances of getting it are very low.
    • Posted

Well your chances should still be low. If she wasnt having an OB and you used protection. Did she tell you what type she had?
    • Posted

no but i texted her and asked her what medication if any she was on and when her last ob was also which kind she had shes being rude about it but im just trying to be proactive idk what to do

• Posted

shes been assuring me that i wonnt get it but she not a doctor

• Posted

I understand why you are concerned, she has no reason to be rude considering she didnt even bother telling you til after. But your chances are low. You would probably start to experience symptoms within a few days though if you did catch it.
  • Posted

Just because you had sex with a girl who has gh does not mean you will get it, especially since she said she wasn't having an outbreak and second, you wore a condom.  I have had it most of my life and my husband of 29 years has never caught it because I know when I am contagious or not.  Calm down, it's not deadly.  Estimates are that upwards of 90% of adults in the US carry it but never have symptoms!  Some are completely immune to it or its in a place they can't feel or see.  You are most likely fine and this is no reason to want to die.  Only way to prevent stds is abstinence but you can significantly reduce the chances by using protection. 😎
    • Posted

Your stat is for HSV-1 and includes primarily oral infections. Even so, it's still too high. Should be around 70-80%. The longer a discordant couple remains discordant, the greater the odds that it will remain as such, so you and your husband are lucky, and if he's still IgG negative for herpes after all these years, then that likely says more about his immune system than other factors. Do you have Type 2?
    • Posted

Yes, type 2 here.  Hubby does have an incredible immune system.  I have never seen him sick in 29 years!  
    • Posted

Do you and your husband has unprotected sex
    • Posted

Yes.  But like I,said, I always know ahead of time and avoid sex then. 😎
    • Posted

That's only for outbreaks, not asymptomatic shedding, which occurs at random without any signs. Most transmission cases occur as a result of asymptomatic shedding, not outbreaks.
    • Posted

True, although once the herpes surfaces, you are no longer contagious but you probably don't want to have sex, anyway because most folks feel,like crap with the blisters.
    • Posted

Um, once a person has symptoms, especially lesions/blisters, they are even more infectious!
  • Posted

Your life is just beginning! Do not give up over stupid Herpes! So many people have the virus and go on to live normal happy lives! There is medication to help and prevent breakouts. Honestly the chances of you contracting it are so very low do not worry! I'm pretty sure you are fine! You wore protection that is such a good thing!!! AlwYs remember it only takes once to create a pregnancy or contract a STD.

Please do not over react! Herpes is not worth taking your life over. I'm 54 and contracted it when I was 23. I was very upset because someone had not been very honest with me and it was someone I cared about and trusted and believed in. ☹️

You will be fine and even if you were to contract Herpes years from now its easily treatable and controlled although you have the virus forever. Chill out, I know so many who have it and life can still be fulfilling and wonderful I promise you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.