Hair

Posted , 2 users are following.

This may not be in the best of taste, so I apologise if anyone thinks it’s a bit too personal.

Has anyone noticed, since they were diagnosed, that their hair (on their head) smells different when it gets wet in the shower?

For the last year or so I have found that the moment my hair gets wet it smells of burnt toast. It annoys me a lot. I don’t smell like myself anymore. frown

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela,

It could be that you have contracted an infection somehow and very often this can reveal itself from the scalp.  The hair is a very recognisable source of illness, as with ones eyes which can reveal problems in other parts of the system.  Stay well.

Peter.

• Posted

Thank you, Peter.

I suppose there could be worse smells than burnt toast.

Beautiful weather here makes it easy to feel well. 27.8°C at four o’clock this afternoon.Almost unheard of round these parts. Glad I’m not in London. It must be awful.

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine and blue skies too.

• Posted

Hi Angela,

Here in SW we have the same weather as you in NW.  Very hot today and certainly, London is not the place to be.  It will be swarming like ants everywhere.  As far as your problem is concerned do not overlook the possibility of PV or the the treatment having an effect on you.  I know I have needed an occasional anti-biotic to tidy things up.   Enjoy your countryside and take care of yourself.  There are much worse things than toast !!  My best wishes.

Peter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.