Hard, immovable lymph node below left ear - Extremely anxious

Posted , 1 user is following.

Three weeks ago I noticed the left side of my throat was feeling slightly sore. So, I went to the GP.

I also at the time mentioned I got back pain (upper left, too, between shoulder and spine), when I took a deep breath. Full extension.

GP figured it was all muscular pain, but ordered a blood test for my peace of mind. Full blood count, checking cholesterol, Creatine Kinase, vitamin D, etc. All came back "normal".

I then noticed a sore scratchy throat a few days later. Got a covid19 test, which was negative, and got then put onto Azithromycin (Zithromax) for three days (This finished up 7 days ago). I noticed the lymph node around this time, and realised it was hard and I couldn't move it. It was just inline with the jaw bone, below the ear?

Has anyone ever had that? Did it eventually go away?

My gut has been sore and I've been getting heartburn. So much stress. I don't know if antibiotics messed up my gut?

Since last week, I started getting a need to clear my throat, and I started noticing it more and swallowing more, and feeling a dry spot in my throat? And now it just feels like something is constantly there.

My GP got me to do a chest xray, checking chest wall, and an ultrasound on my left of throat. That was all clear. But could this be wrong? I'm worried about that lymph node feeling hard and immovable.

I'll be asking for a CT of my throat, and a referral to an ENT. It's stressing me out with worry.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Update: Saw an ENT who checked my throat. Throat was all clear. Lymph node was 'reactive' and considered normal from a second ultrasound.

Seems all is normal. Just probably an infection I need to let my body get over. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.