have just had my ramipril dose doubled and wondered if it is causing ectopic heartbeats

Posted , 2 users are following.

Last Thursday nurse doubled my ramipril and I have started to get an annoying number of ectopic heart beats. Can this be due to ramipril or my impaired left ventricle (had heart attack 2years ago)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Is a nurse qualified to double your medication and understand how it effects the other meds that you are on.
    • Posted

Yes;she is the bp nurse but she checked with my GP who did the script.Phoned and on back on old dose till go for blood test on Tuesday when they will check my pulse.Either I am having a good day or it was the increased dosage as fewer ectopic beats so far today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.