Hba1C

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

I went for a routine blood test last year 2019 and got a call from my doctor saying my Hba1C was 42, she suggested I attend the Diabetes Prevention Course, which I did, I began in October 2019 but the course was halted in March due to Covid, it sort of continued by telephone but this was unsuccesful . I decided in August that I would follow the Michael Mosley no carb recipes, I have not done the 800 calories a day, or the 5:2 diet as I found it too hard but I have more or less cut out bread, pasta, potatoes and rice, occasionally having the odd sandwich if I was out but very infrequently, again due to lockdown. I have lost 7lb, and although not massivly overweight, my BMI is in the normal range, at the top end but still normal, I am 5ft 4inches and 65.8kg. I went for another blood test this week and got the results yesterday, my Hba1C has not moved, it's still 42, I am quite disappointed in this as I have been following the diet more or less since last August. Once you get into the MM recipes you can make some up for yourself. My portion size is ok, and I forgot to mention that I do a couple of long walks, around 4 miles, a week and some shorter walks with friends. Has anyone else had no reduction of their Hba1C or can anyone offer any advice on how to reduce it? All the programmes I see on TV with people following MM's philosophy seem to manage it??

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.