Health Game

Posted , 5 users are following.

For fun and to learn some things about health aids I thought of a game.

Name an illness and one thing, a food, supplement, herb or drug that helps with it. Or at least that you know helps you.

ME/CFS - 5-HTP

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

fibro , reflexology and magneisum oil
    • Posted

One thing at a time; you can add more later. That gives anyone who wants to space to just look up one thing at a time without too much pressure. razz
  • Posted

I should've said anything that helps you, including complementary therapies or anything but please keep it to one thing at a time and you can add other things. The reason is so that we can look things up in a more relaxed way than having two or more things to look up in one go. Some of us are very exhausted!
    • Posted

i said that with my story thread a few months back

add a word to the previous see what comes of it but people just took over  r thats why i never added to it after the first bit.

• Posted

Well keep adding here; you have a wealth of knowledge to share Tian! razz
    • Posted

Chillow pads, wow never heard of them but they sound really interesting. Sometimes I flare up like a bonfire! Not as often now but sometimes. Do you use them?
    • Posted

Sorry, obviously you use them or you wouldn't have said they work like a treat! cheesygrin
    • Posted

yes i have told you before but i got mine from mail order 

and non branded , i have a 3ft single bed sized one and 4 smaller ones 

so i am always cool come summer nights

• Posted

Ah just looked it up; I've found previously that I'm allergic to foam, the chemicals in it so I'll have to stick to my cool fan. Thanks for mentioning it though. 
    • Posted

oh well iv got gel ones as well i freeze mine 

iv got a marko room cooler cost me £79 you can put cold water and ice blocks in so you get really nice cool air in your room 

• Posted

I'm allergic to anything with gel too because I have MCS, multiple chemical sensitivities so everything in my home has to be natural and chemical free.

Yeah! eek It's been hard work over the years eliminating man made chemicals from my life and finding natural substitutes for everything but it's been worth it.

• Posted

tough one ,

not being funny just interested whats your crash helmet 

made out of  .is it leather lined i thought most were foam lined  or am i behind the times

• Posted

Yes it's foam lined but it's utterly impossible to avoid everything that my body doesn't handle because I have to live in this world so I do my best, and suffer the things I have to.

Like having carers coming into help with perfumes that give me headaches and nausia. What can I do? I take control of everything I can and put up with what I can't control. If you can find a crash helmit minus foam please let me know. cheesygrin

• Posted

what a nightmare hun .maybe you should get one of those helmets 

that just go on your head like the ones they used decades ago without the visor bit  .

• Posted

Know what you mean, the ones hell's angels wear. I'm a middle aged woman and I'd look so stupid!!! lolcheesygrin

But thanks for the crappy advice! Hehe

• Posted

yeah you would look just like olive from on the  buses 

when she goes on arthurs moter bike and sidecar . 

talking about a good laugh .have you seen the tv show called 

car share ,its a comedy set in a car two people talking 

about life on the way to work ,its hyesterical .

• Posted

Oh yes definitely and I wear glasses! lol I hope I have better taste in clothes though. eek

I watched the first car share one but I haven't bothered watching any more because I didn't think it was that funny, does it get better?

• Posted

depends what you think is funny ,i think life is funny and thats why i liked car share because they were talking about daily stuff ,i struggled for the first half  

of the programme because it was all set in a car .not a typical sitcome

but once i got it ,i thought it was hilarious ,reminds me of many conversations i had with people one i would call it comic banter .

this weeks one was excellant .they tried to avoid picking up a work collegue who worked on the fish counter its so human natrue .and the one last week where she insisted that dogging was getting together to walk dogs ,hysterical .

• Posted

I might struggle through some more of it then! It was tedious at first but then so is cracking an obstinate brazil nut but it's worth it in the end.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.