Health Game

Posted , 5 users are following.

For fun and to learn some things about health aids I thought of a game.

Name an illness and one thing, a food, supplement, herb or drug that helps with it. Or at least that you know helps you.

ME/CFS - 5-HTP

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hot flushes.       Tincture of Sage
    • Posted

I use Wild Yam for menopausal symptoms but I didn't know about Sage with regard to it. Thanks! razz
  • Posted

Insomnia -  Natrasleep, extracts of Hop strobile and Valerian root.
    • Posted

I take Valerian before I go to sleep at night; it's so good! razz I haven't tried hops though.
    • Posted

What i have is all in the same tablet.  I buy it from Holland and Barrett. Valerian is the  active ingredient.
    • Posted

I'm glad they do you good; I take Valerian in tincture form and I get it from my herbal supplier along with many other herbs.
  • Posted

Vulvar itch - A concoction of below, slather this on anytime an itch comes 

(Combine: a few drops of tea tree oil, about an inch of aloe vera plant, inner section scraped off and this is what's used,, calendula (I use homeopathic calendula ointment, and a few drops of dragon's blood (can be food at any raw food store, NON-alchohol version) .. organic coconut oil can be added to this too, for a cooling effect. 

And please please make sure all these ingredients are organic, we sure don't need any more possible irritants from chemicals there eek. But, this really does seem to help. I also take AVO homeopathic itch relief, 2 tablets 3 times a day. I hope this helps someone else with this AWFUL itch. I have a full post on this subject of other helpers but, this cream does help. Tea tree rocks for this. cheesygrin

• Posted

Wow excellent advice Sheryl! I used to have it something awful. Couldn't concentrate on anything else and it made me feel insane! eek

I don't suffer from it now because I take Myrrh and Grapefruit seed extract. I used to use Tee Tree oil and that works too and Aloe vera's really good.

I haven't heard of Dragon's blood but I'm going to find out about it; especially seeing as I love Dragon's and was born in the year of the Dragon. Yay! Thank you razz

• Posted

Thank you Georia too! Myrrh and Grapefruit seed extract? Do you ingest these? I take GSE, DefensePlus, 1 tablet each night but, for me atleast, I haven't noticed it helping with itch. Dragon's blood, I stumbled onto a paper that was written up about it. If you do a search for dragons blood and hpv, it's really fascinating. It's been "claimed" to have strong evidence of it helping, even reversing. 

I just know that I'm so very grateful for Patient.info and all of you, this has been a total game changer in having a more positive outlook in dealing with this. Women sure have to put up with a LOT. Holy cow. Men have it easy :P lol.  Thank you so much, you brought a smile already and, that's the best medicine of all <3 >

• Posted

I take Myrrh every day several times a day in tincture form, and if I neglect taking it the symptoms come back severely. I use a certain grapefruit seed extract because I've found that it's the best but if I say it my post won't be allowed. You could message me if you want to know.

You've brought a smile to my face too! razz Smiles are worth so much.

• Posted

Macular degeneration in the eyes and kale, spinach, turnip greens, collard greens, cos or romaine lettuce, broccoli, squash, corn, Brussel sprouts, peas. Basically anything green leafy and yellowy orange red! Eggs also contain the active ingredient Lutein found in all the above and is available as a supplement too, but need to check with GP before using.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.