Skip to content

Chatroom

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Disabled, has this "disabled" your self worth?

Hi, once again, I'm interested in those who are 'disabled' either by a disease or physically, if it's left you feeling a low of self-worth?  And, if so, have you found ways to distract those ideas?  If you feel comfortable enough, would you kindly share with us your experience...

Last reply
  • Problem with walking

Hello, I've been I'll for about 3 yrs, I've got fibromyalgia, asthma, was vit d deficiency, I'm on a lot of meds, 3300mg of gabapentin and 80 mg of morphine a day, some days I just can't walk, I literally walk 20 steps and have to sit or crouch down, I just want to know what's...

Last reply
  • IUD calcification

I hope this is the right place to post this. I presumed I was approaching the menopause at 44. I seemed to be bleeding most days,not having my usual periods and had a funny smelling /looking discharge. My smear test/tests came back normal, I’d been the Doctors with a few concerns, I’d only loose blood...

Last reply
  • Need some advice for my hoo-ha

Hello, my name is Kelly. Here is my problem... for the last month or two, I have been having some abnormal discharge. If I do not shower daily, I end up with wet underwear at the end of the day. Also, during sex, I am ALOT more wet. So wet that I end up soaking myself, my husband, and my sheets. There...

Last reply
  • Muscle damage due to incorrect handling of red light therapy

I had an accident few years back with an injury to my right shoulder and upper back. It wasn't a major injury but big enough to restrict my right hand usage. The query right now is not about that injury but regarding muscle atrophy/damage while undergoing red light therapy (non - professional) for...

Posted
  • Constant weird leg pain. Please help!

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and I would really appreciate some advice. Three weeks ago I flew long haul, and a few days later noticed a pain in my legs. Long story short, it hasn't stopped, although it comes and goes it still is here. It's better some days and some its unbearable. Better...

Last reply
  • How I conquer emotional eating and deal with physical pain

And some other things. Just read on.  You have the power to mostly accept your physical discomfort brought upon shifts in emotions. Don't get the habits of stuffing your face with food to calm your emotions or getting a drug addiction. You don't need stimulants. They're already in your...

Last reply
  • Atos

Hi I’m new here! And at my whits end I’ve got degerative disc disease in 3 difference places in neck and spine, have emotional unstable personality disorder, got awarded full pip until end of 2018 but got dragged back in year early after ticking no change questions.... had appointment within 3 days notice...

Last reply
  • Successful Pip claims for Anxiety and PTSD

Has anyone been able to claim pip for anxiety and/or PTSD? I am just starting my claim but unsure how likely it is I’ll be awarded for my conditions as keep hearing conflicting stories. I have suffered from Post Natal Anxiety, PTSD and severe health anxiety for 10 years and have never tried to claim...

Last reply
  • DLA Indefinite to PIP?

Hi, I am on the high Mobility and Care Rates of DLA, but what happens when I am changed to PIP? I have seen many people mention they are on PIP and it has been awarded for 3 years, and spoken to one person and she was granted PIP Award for 10 years. Does this mean the 'Indefinite' period of...

Last reply
  • Strange pain.

Recently, I have been having a really sharp stabbing pain under the bottom of my right rib cage at the back. The skin over that area is slightly sore to touch.  Does anyone have any idea what this might be. 

Last reply
  • Positional Chest Pain?

I have substernal chest pain, definitely much worse if I lean forward or lie down. Woke me from sleep. Happened once before, about a year ago, got a cardiac workup and chest X-ray which were all negative. Lasted about 2 days and went away. I am 41, 6’3” 205 pounds, cholesterol, BP are fine. I exercise...

Last reply
  • Coping with a whole host of problems …

Good Morning I hope you’re all well and please let me know if this is the wrong forum for posting my question. I am a male and approaching 50 years of age.  I was born with a whole host of problems: Cervical Myelocele Meningo Myelocele Right Convergent Strabismus Deformity Of Right Foot Spinal...

Last reply
  • Is this just a simple sprained ankle?

I sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago, had x rays no break. Now I can't stand on my tip toes, I have pain that goes up my calf and my ankle sometimes feels rubbery. The pain wakes me up at night and it swells even up my calf at times. Does this sound like a simple sprain?

Posted
  • I have a very complex and unique medical condition

It is very difficult to describe my condition as part of it was due to a severe medical accident, as they called it. I have had many tumours over my body removed including spinal, throat, brain, breast adreanal gland. I have Neurofibromatosis type 1 and sadly lost my identical twin sister from the rarer...

Last reply
  • Im having eating problens and need some advice

I'm going to start this off by saying I'm new here, I am 17 years old at 105 pounds and stand at about 5'6, so latley I have not been eating at all for about 1 week due to lack of finances, after the week of starvation I was able to gain access to food but it seems that because of the week...

Last reply
  • Swollen Lymph node on neck

I have what I think is a swollen Lymph node on the left side of my neck. I woke up in the middle of the night and it was there. It's huge and painful. You can just look at it and see how swollen it is. It's tender and my ear also aches.  I've read and heard that it's probably just...

Posted
  • Continuous Bleeding Post Surgery

Hi, I am a married woman, would like to seek an advice. I have lump on my one breast that continuously appears after my third surgery on it. The open wound post surgery was healed but then reopen itself and bleeds. I had it checked and mostly it is said because of my hormonal problem and nothing is serious....

Last reply
  • Lost weight now I have blood sugar symptoms.

I lost 20lbs from July to sept 2017. I significantly reduced my calories while I continued to workout and do cardio. I’m an active 40yr old. I got light headed while working out on two occasions, which I now know is due to eating too few calories.  One day I had another episode where I felt hypoglycemic....

Last reply
  • Significant Asbestos exposure in a short period of time

My brother is away at university, and the school is currently doing repairs on the roof of his apartment complex. He and his roommate were sleeping one evening, and the ceiling collapsed. As a result, this caused a significant amount of dust and insulation particles to come into the room. The campus...

Posted
  • An exuasted weired feeling

Hii guys for some time i feel an exuasted weird feeling or sensation right behind the cheat area at my back so any isea what’s that...it happens specially after taking some meal and some time without meal ... when i take deep breaths i feel comfort somewhere... So is there some one who is experiencing...

Posted
  • Why can't I eat?

Over the past few months, I have stopped eating any meals other than dinner, and rarely snack during the day. The most I consume is soda and carbonated drinks. I get sick at the near thought of walking into my kitchen and eating really anything before 2 PM. Even then most I eat are some crackers or a...

Last reply
  • Asbestos via rain drops from roof top

I have left a tub filled with clothes , water and soap exposed to rain water from Asbestos roof tops (it’s in a hotel room-not my house so I cannot state the roof conditions just that is made from wavey sheets of Asbestos nailed together, some are cut). Are the clothes safe to wear, can I wash them in...

Last reply
  • Waking up Confused?

I have been waking up confused and dropping things. This last from a few hours to a day.  Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Last reply
  • Unable to read posts

For the past week I've been unable to open any conversations I've had E0Mails about. Anyone else having this problem ? I get tis when trying open any. This page can’t be displayed Make sure the web address http://link.patient.info is correct. Look for the page with your search engine. ...

Last reply
  • Refusal by gp to fill in medical form for bereaved person

My mums brother died recently which meant we had to cancel our holiday.my travel insurance is asking for a medical form to be filled in which asks questions about pre existing conditions etc and specifically says only his gp can fill this in.not the hospital or any other association.my uncles practise...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.