Skip to content
Ad

Chatroom

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Patient's new look: Feedback

As many of you will have noticed, we've changed the look and feel of Patient, to what we hope will be a fresh new bright and vibrant look.  We greatly value our user's feedback and would like to hear your thoughts on the new design. 

Last reply
  • Do you think e-cigarettes do more harm than good?

The results of an online opinion poll we ran on this site in August, revealed that 59 per cent of respondents were opposed to e-cigarettes being classed and regulated in the same way as other nicotine-based products in the UK. Dr Sarah Jarvis recently weighed up the latest medical evidence about e-cigarettes...

Last reply
  • Shoulder Problem

For a while now if I lift or accidentally move my left shoulder up and back down it crunches and grinds. Sometimes it can be really painful and other times not at all painful. Does anyone know why??

Posted
  • DLA Indefinite to PIP?

Hi, I am on the high Mobility and Care Rates of DLA, but what happens when I am changed to PIP? I have seen many people mention they are on PIP and it has been awarded for 3 years, and spoken to one person and she was granted PIP Award for 10 years. Does this mean the 'Indefinite' period of...

Last reply
  • Landed on neck and chest pain. Any help?

I am a teenager and at a trampoline park i landed vertical straight on my neck. I struggled to breathe for 30 secs and i couldn't talk i tried and it was like i lost my voice. After being checked out they said it seemed like i haven't had any coller bone brakes. My chest really hurt and when...

Last reply
  • 5&3cm cyst in my ovary

April 12 2017 I went through surgery. My 3cm cyst on my left ovary, 5cm cyst on my right ovary liquid has been drained. I no longer feel pain when I Have my period. Am now having regular monthly period. Few days ago I am feeling the usual aching that I've been through before my surgery. Yesterday...

Posted
  • loss of dog

Hi!  I have just recently found this forum, and not sure if i should be posting on it!  I lost my beloved pet and guide dog Harley 3 years ago come 25th June, and its as though it was only yesterday!  I just can't seem to get over his loss!  People keep saying (he was only a dog)...

Last reply
  • Service dog died , (daughter' s)

my daughters retired service dog  king, died.  He had 4 health conditions. One became a crisis and was untreatable.  He was 13 years.  The current service dog for my daughter was there with us. He tried to  wake king. Milo pulled on kings ear and barked really loudly.  ....

Last reply
  • I have 2 lumps on lower back on each side

Please help. I have low back pain. As i was checking my back i noticed two lumps on each side of my lower back. They are on pelvis area. Is it normal to feel some fat lumps there? It is wierd that they are symetrical! What do you think? They are not visible, only if i touch tem. I am so acraid right...

Last reply
  • could I be experiencing implantation bleeding

Could I be experiencing implantation bleeding I had unprotected sex 22 days after my period stoped I am now 12 days late and having extremely light bleeding iv only had it for 2 days now and it's coming to a stop so could it be??

Posted
  • Strong Bones Support Group

A few of us have been discussing ways to make our bones stronger without resorting to bisphosphonates.  This seems like a good place to carry on the conversation.  

Last reply
  • have ovarian cycsts and not sure about having the op

Hi i have been diagnosed with ovarion cysts in 2013 i have been in many treatments and even hormone replacements but nothing helped . been to yht gynae yesterday only to find out thet the cysts is  growing aobut 8cm now on the right ovary and 4cm plus multi cysts on left ovary. havin terrible abdominal...

Last reply
  • List of foods to help with bones

I will put up some and others please add to the list. 1. Bone broth full of vegetables including leafy greens 2. Avocados 3. Skin of cucumber  4. Jelly 5. Prunes 6. Yoghurt and cheese

Last reply
  • Menopauce

I had an hysterectomy 10 yrs ago i was put on hrt and was on them untill jan this yr 2017. My problem is ive gone from size 12 to 18 and put 5st on i want to lose weight and my daughter suggested a diet club . Ive been told i wont lose my weight until i have finished with the menopause is this true...

Last reply
  • Face worm thing

Hi, I have a wavy redish line on both sides of my face, kind of resembles a worm under the skin. It has been here for a couple months, but will eventually go away and come back again. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Thank you.

Last reply
  • NEED HELP , AM I PREGNANT?

So I had my period 5/14/17 to 5/18/17 then I had sex 5/19/17 in about 2 days 5/21/17 I started spotting slightly and cramping a little bit. I've also experienced some diarrhea and sore breasts. I know that implantation bleeding is 9-12 days after you conceive . Is there any reason I could be bleeding...

Last reply
  • Constant weird leg pain. Please help!

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and I would really appreciate some advice. Three weeks ago I flew long haul, and a few days later noticed a pain in my legs. Long story short, it hasn't stopped, although it comes and goes it still is here. It's better some days and some its unbearable. Better...

Last reply
  • The DWP & PIP Claim with Devastating Consequences!

Firstly, I must point out that some content of this post has names removed for anonymity, however it is all true. I have heard of many stories like this one in the MSM, but when it happens on your own "doorstep" - it completely shocked me. A friend of ours is disabled, like myself, but I have...

Last reply
  • Electronic prescription service (EPS) - good or bad for you?

Our village pharmacy which is just 200 yards from the GP surgery, has invited me to sign up for the new NHS paperless electronic prescription service. As far as I can tell this might make life easier for the GP and pharmacist, but I don't see any significant benefit for patients like me. Whenever...

Last reply
  • Disabled, has this "disabled" your self worth?

Hi, once again, I'm interested in those who are 'disabled' either by a disease or physically, if it's left you feeling a low of self-worth?  And, if so, have you found ways to distract those ideas?  If you feel comfortable enough, would you kindly share with us your experience...

Last reply
  • What happens after a drugs Half Life?

I understand that the half life is the amount of time it takes for a drug's level to decrease to half in the plasma, but what happens next please? If a drug has a half life of 5 hours, then after that period it will reach half concentration in the plasma, so after 10 hours will it be gone altogether?...

Posted
  • using vibropower plates

I ewas wondering has anyone been using vibration technology for health and excercise benefits I suffer with M.E and am not able to excercise i have been reading about this form of excercise but am concerned are there any side effects,which i cannot find any info on would be most grateful if any one out...

Last reply
  • Intense moment of dizziness, crossing of eyes, heavy breathing.

I am a 19 year old working a 32hr/wk job with Walmart doing 2-11 shifts. I want to say that recently I have undergone allot of stress and not getting the sleep I wanted (up until 2am max, waking up at 9:30/ 10:30) and today I experienced the strangest feeling I have ever felt. Shortly after linch break...

Last reply
  • Asbestos exposure

I recently discovered that a house i spent aproximetly 20 hours in, on 10 different occasions was contaminated with asbestos. The floor was covered in asbestos dust(confimed asbestos dust) and I walked on in, without any protective measures taken. I was hoping someone could present some statistics on...

Last reply
  • How to come off long term MST

Hello I have been on 120mg MST (2x60mg) for a number of years. I take my pills just before I go to bed. Been trying to reduce my intake over the last few weeks but I get really bad shakes the next day etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Posted
  • Tomorrow I'll do colonoscopy

Hi everyone, tomorrow I'll do colonoscopy and I'm so stress, nervous, anxious, and terrified. I'm afraid of the pain and so confused about the sedation and its effect. Anyone did recently colonoscopy??

Last reply
  • Tired,dizzy, weak hands

Hello everyone, im 20,the last 4 months have been hell for me and i have no idea what is wrong,everything started from seeing something like a black veil,preassure on my head,not being able to feel my hands, constantly being tired,not being able to concentrate, feeling spacey,dizzy,sometimes even feeling...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.