Skip to content

Chatroom

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • DLA Indefinite to PIP?

Hi, I am on the high Mobility and Care Rates of DLA, but what happens when I am changed to PIP? I have seen many people mention they are on PIP and it has been awarded for 3 years, and spoken to one person and she was granted PIP Award for 10 years. Does this mean the 'Indefinite' period of...

Last reply
  • Flowers for nhs staff

I want to give some flowers (relatively cheap ones) to an NHS psychologist who is leaving, for amazing support and treatment while we worked together. Is this allowed? I have been in mental health services for 17 years and she is the most helpful professional so I obviousy want to thank her. She is...

Last reply
  • Constant Migraine

For years I've had this constant head pain, everyday. Because of it I consume insane amounts of caffine. I am constantly fatigued, my throat is sore, I can't breathe out of my nose, I have constant dry mouth and I am really irritable all the time. I can hardly remember anything because of how...

Last reply
  • Cancelled surgery breaches 18 weeks

My day surgery for a knee anthrascapy  has just been cancelled. I'd had my pre-med and was ready to go in in 5 days time. I was really looking forward to being able to walk again and get my life back. Reason given for cancelation "no theatre" staff although I'm not sure that I'm...

Last reply
  • Dry winter air and low humidity

In the winter I always start itching all over due to central heating and dry air. My nasal passages, throat and upper chest also dry out making it difficult to breathe in bed. I bought a clock that combines time, temperature and humidity. All winter the humidity has only been between 18 and 20 percent....

Last reply
  • Levator ani syndrome

I have been suffering with this condition for 3 years now and had every test their is. I get constant pain in my right bum cheek, it effects up my bum and hips,back,bloating, it's so uncomfortable and has really effecting my quality of life. I have every gadget going to help relive my pain, I have...

Posted
  • I need general info from a (now former) alcoholic about health.

I sobered up 6 months ago but with recent anxiety I began drinking again. I drank for quite a few nights and it bit me hard. I woke up Saturday morning with my heart in afib and racing. I called 911 and they rushed me to the ER. They had to shock me (while I was awake) like 3 times. They stabilized my...

Posted
  • Choosing a Doctor

To start with I am young (27), generally healthy, and have no major health issues I'm aware of. I am a catastrophe adjuster which means I travel all over the country and make a good living. For some time now I've been wanting to be more active in my healthcare, specifically nutrition and preventative...

Posted
  • Period 12 days late 3 negative tests

12 days late usually regular not on birth control never missed one before , good health no stress pregnancy symptoms.. Been told by doc to wait to see if I miss next month. Confused and worried. Has this happened to anyone else..

Last reply
  • Vibrating plates

Are vibrating plates good.  I dont get much exercise but wondered if using these vibrating plates would be good or would they cause harm

Posted
  • Pain

I fell over just over a week ago and since then everytime I have something to eat I get bad stomach pain and have to go to the loo

Last reply
  • Pip paper based assessment

Hi all... I have just filled a form out for my son he was on dla since he was 3 he’s on high for care and mobility he has autism and serve learning difficulties.. I sent in evidence his education care plan doctor support letter and letters from child development centre and family history of my other...

Last reply
  • Raised areas on head that make me feel sick

Almost 2 months ago i fell n hit my head, was told i had 2 brain bleeds but there small n everything ok. Sence than ive a lumps in different areas of my head grow. Some hurt some dont. Yesterday though one starting and made me sick n hurt to touch

Posted
  • I feel like I've met the devil

After joining a new gym, I met someone there during the first week. He is a personal trainer. We hit it off perfectly. I thought to myself I had met the man I want to marry. We both have similar interests and he seemed like a decent man. As I got to know him I saw that he had a different life. His...

Last reply
  • foot pain

hi i had a op on both feet for planta fascitis 3weeks ago, but ive still got pain in ankles as well, i still have to use my sticks to help me get up and walk after ive been sitting, why am i stii getting pain in ankles, can anyone help

Posted
  • Muscle twitching

For about a month I have had a twitch in my chin that is occasional and intermittent. Most recently I have a twitch in my eye usually happens if I blink more forcefully. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had these same issues and what could be the cause. Should I be concerned and how can I make...

Last reply
  • Problem with walking

Hello, I've been I'll for about 3 yrs, I've got fibromyalgia, asthma, was vit d deficiency, I'm on a lot of meds, 3300mg of gabapentin and 80 mg of morphine a day, some days I just can't walk, I literally walk 20 steps and have to sit or crouch down, I just want to know what's...

Last reply
  • Disabled, has this "disabled" your self worth?

Hi, once again, I'm interested in those who are 'disabled' either by a disease or physically, if it's left you feeling a low of self-worth?  And, if so, have you found ways to distract those ideas?  If you feel comfortable enough, would you kindly share with us your experience...

Last reply
  • IUD calcification

I hope this is the right place to post this. I presumed I was approaching the menopause at 44. I seemed to be bleeding most days,not having my usual periods and had a funny smelling /looking discharge. My smear test/tests came back normal, I’d been the Doctors with a few concerns, I’d only loose blood...

Last reply
  • Need some advice for my hoo-ha

Hello, my name is Kelly. Here is my problem... for the last month or two, I have been having some abnormal discharge. If I do not shower daily, I end up with wet underwear at the end of the day. Also, during sex, I am ALOT more wet. So wet that I end up soaking myself, my husband, and my sheets. There...

Last reply
  • Muscle damage due to incorrect handling of red light therapy

I had an accident few years back with an injury to my right shoulder and upper back. It wasn't a major injury but big enough to restrict my right hand usage. The query right now is not about that injury but regarding muscle atrophy/damage while undergoing red light therapy (non - professional) for...

Posted
  • Constant weird leg pain. Please help!

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and I would really appreciate some advice. Three weeks ago I flew long haul, and a few days later noticed a pain in my legs. Long story short, it hasn't stopped, although it comes and goes it still is here. It's better some days and some its unbearable. Better...

Last reply
  • How I conquer emotional eating and deal with physical pain

And some other things. Just read on.  You have the power to mostly accept your physical discomfort brought upon shifts in emotions. Don't get the habits of stuffing your face with food to calm your emotions or getting a drug addiction. You don't need stimulants. They're already in your...

Last reply
  • Atos

Hi I’m new here! And at my whits end I’ve got degerative disc disease in 3 difference places in neck and spine, have emotional unstable personality disorder, got awarded full pip until end of 2018 but got dragged back in year early after ticking no change questions.... had appointment within 3 days notice...

Last reply
  • Successful Pip claims for Anxiety and PTSD

Has anyone been able to claim pip for anxiety and/or PTSD? I am just starting my claim but unsure how likely it is I’ll be awarded for my conditions as keep hearing conflicting stories. I have suffered from Post Natal Anxiety, PTSD and severe health anxiety for 10 years and have never tried to claim...

Last reply
  • Strange pain.

Recently, I have been having a really sharp stabbing pain under the bottom of my right rib cage at the back. The skin over that area is slightly sore to touch.  Does anyone have any idea what this might be. 

Last reply
  • Positional Chest Pain?

I have substernal chest pain, definitely much worse if I lean forward or lie down. Woke me from sleep. Happened once before, about a year ago, got a cardiac workup and chest X-ray which were all negative. Lasted about 2 days and went away. I am 41, 6’3” 205 pounds, cholesterol, BP are fine. I exercise...

Last reply
  • Coping with a whole host of problems …

Good Morning I hope you’re all well and please let me know if this is the wrong forum for posting my question. I am a male and approaching 50 years of age.  I was born with a whole host of problems: Cervical Myelocele Meningo Myelocele Right Convergent Strabismus Deformity Of Right Foot Spinal...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.