Can someone please help me?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, my name is Tori, I'm 24 years old.

A few months ago; I started experiencing fatigue and loss of energy. In June, I took what seemed like a stomach bug but I was not vomiting. My appetite has decreased quite badly, I get full quickly and have pains in my stomach after I eat along with nausea. I rang my GP at the beginning of July, she booked me in for blood tests and done stool samples. My stool sample came back with indications of inflammation so they are referring my to gastroenterology. My kidney function bloods came back abnormal so I was booked to do a repeat on the 26th August.

Last week; my mother noticed that my feet were swollen as if they had fluid in them so I rang my GP and she said she wanted to added blood tests on top of the kidney function one to see what is causing the swelling in my feet and hands. I then told my GP that I have weird bruises above my left knee so she asked for photos. I sent the photos. GP rang back, asked if I have had a fever over the past few days, I told her I had a fever last Sunday but it went away again. She told me that if I developed a fever again or started to feel more unwell then to go straight to A&E as the bruises looked like meningitis but she said they most likely weren't so she said she would change my blood test appointment from the 26th to a closer date and she'd put the bloods down as urgent. I got bloods took last Friday (to check to see why I have the swelling and bruising and to repeat kidney function test); the bloods came back normal so I rang my doctors today as I still have the swelling in my feet, the swelling is also now in my knees and I still have a bit of bruising. The GP thinks this is all really strange as I guess she thought something would have popped up on the blood tests. I have an appointment to see my GP tomorrow at 12pm. But in the meantime; I am wondering if anybody knows what the cause could be? Has anybody else had these problems? Could the swelling be connected to the possible issue with my bowel?

Many Thanks

Tori

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.