I feel drunk but I don't drink

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. Hoping someone can help. For a month I've felt exhausted and like my arms and neck have weights hanging from them- heavy, fatigued, like I've been lifting weights or something. I've also had a lot of brain fog. The most difficult part of all of this though came on about 2 weeks ago. I started feeling dizzy. But it's more of an unbalanced, drunk feeling - my cognitive function is absolute garage right now. It's been pretty constant morning and night. I can hardly drive or do anything at all. It's difficult to have conversations as they take extreme concentration on my part, and even then I can't keep my thoughts straight. Sitting, standing, nothing helps.

Tests I've had so far - all normal results

MRIs of my brain and spine with contrast

Cortisol

Vitamin B12

CPK (creatine Kinase)

C-Reactive Protein

Sedimentation rate (ESR)

CBC

Comprehensive metabolic panel

TSH

T3

Free T4

All ear tests to rule out inner ear issues/vertigo

A lot of friends keep saying Lyme disease can be difficult to diagnose and my symptoms sort of align with that, which is one test that hasn't been done.

I also saw on another forum something about Auto Brewery Disease, where you can have a yeast imbalance in your gut that can literally make you feel drunk. It's really rare, but still interesting, considering I've had a strange sort of white-ish tongue for a long time that's been bothering me because no matter how much I brush it I cant get it to go away. I also feel extremely thirsty/parched ALL THE TIME.

My GP wants to send me to a Rheumatologist now to rule out Fibromyalsia. I've read up on it and it doesn't seem like a fit and so I'm predicting another normal set of test results will come from that.

This is so weird! And horrible. I've got kids and a job and I'm running at about 20% and in a totally unbalanced, dizzy, fog.

I hope someone out there can help me. Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Crystal, it sounds like this was exactly me. i have done almost all the testing you have done and it has all come back normal. I would try anything to get some answers. I have finally hit on menopause. I have started on Hormone replacement and almost everything has gone away. I dont want to assume its the same with you, but it did help me to visit the Menopause page on this site. You may not want to take HRT but connecting with people that are going through the same thing may help you. Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.