Just had TKR 6 days ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi i there,

my name is Rosemary and

I was hoping to reach out to others who have gone through the same or similar knee surgery as I did.

it would be great to have people confirm my feelings of pain and uncertaincy , i feel quite alone.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i had mine done on 11/11/20 started to drive yesterday still swelled up and weak but pain is manageable The surgery and pain was way more than i anticipated Still need to sleep in a recliner for the couple hours I'm able to sleep. But have to say each day seems to be better. I've never been laid up this long which is making it very difficult for me.

• Posted

hello Rosemary, my name is Evy and I am 5 weeks post TKR and having the same feeling and fears you are . I am 50 years old and have fibro and severe panic disorder . My pain was nothing until 4 days ago and then my lower leg bone developed terrible shin splints and the pain was unbearable. I have decided not to do my right knee and accept being in a wheelchair as mentally I do not think I will survive much more of this pain . reading in here that people have suffered years and years does not give me hope & i have asked my surgeon for a permanent nerve block in left leg. he says we will discuss may 6 at my check up but i am very against pain meds so i need a non narcotic fix for it . you should feel less pain by day 12 but then it comes back in a week to 10 days pretty serious

• Edited

Hi Rosamary,

My name is Phil (61) and I had my TKR 4 days ago. All went well however, I cannot straight lift my leg as part of the physio without using the cord from my bathroom robe! perhaps I am being impatient and expecting too much too soon. As part of my procedure I also had a repair to my knee cap. It is frustrating not being able to do what I want to when I want to but, I will keep to my recovery plan and try to continue with the physio plan. I had my left knee joint partial replacement done 5 years ago which has been a great success and is spurring me on - hang on there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.