Issues with Labs?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’ve taken 36mg Concerta for the last twelve years, 10 - 30mg Adderal fifteen years before that. I recently moved and had to find a new doctor. They ask me to provide a urine sample every three months when I go to get my prescription refilled. The last time I provided a sample, they called a couple days after asking me to take another due to, "no substances present including prescribed medication." I thought there had just been some degree of incompetence somewhere up the line in the process, and that maybe there was a problem with that particular test, or results got switched somehow and some poor b*****d was going to be having an uncomfortable conversation with their doctor. Anyway, the next Monday I went in for my other test, and three days after I received a call saying the doctor wanted to see me and they still didn't detect my pills in my urine. What on earth is going on, and what can I do about it? I am afraid they are going to take me off my meds, and I will struggle severely at work without my pills. Can I demand a hair test? If they do take my prescription away, can I see another provider, or will that follow me around to every doctor? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

They indeed did end my prescription. I will need to find a new clinic, but at my visit, I was informed that every UA I'd done came back negative for all substances, including methylphenidate. This is odd because I never heard anything about it the first few times. At risk of sounding like an conspiracy nut, I know for a fact that CVS Caremark has been harrassing them, as I've received letters from the insurance and the clinic that they were in contact trying to get them to prescribe something cheaper. I'm sure it would be quite illegal to provide someone with false lab results, and wouldn't accuse anyone of such a thing, but this has been so bizarre that I feel like the list of possibilities is either an incompetent labs provider, or something more nefarious. I just hope this doesn't follow me to another provider and make it difficult to get my medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.