Help/ Advice - Prozac effects wearing off 40mg long term use

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, have been on Mirtazapine 15mg since the pandemic essentially for sleep anxiety with and Prozac added for approx 18 months for GAD/ panic disorder- worked up to 40mg Feb this year… and since then have been feeling the best I have in years anxiety/ panic seemed to <90% for me, there was a few learning experiences/ stepping stones on the way but I seemed to come out the other side on those occasions- The major being a similar experience to what I’m feeling now resulting in increasing from 20-40mg.

But now… have felt my ‘baseline’ rise back up with my anxiety/ panic creeping back in with a few smaller scale panic attacks.. I think I’m ok but don’t seem to be getter over it like a have before.

Had a end of year catch up with my Dr and her first thought was increase/ change medication. My initial response was no that I will not be altering meds over the holidays and have given myself until the end of Jan to go on a ‘health/ mindfulness kick’ consisting of clean/ paleo diet, daily exercise and meditation/ mindfulness- a few areas that I have found myself complacent in when feeling good.

Any advice from long term users?? Not quite sure if I’m after some positive stories of people overcoming similar episodes without a med increase- is this common on a a long term Prozac journey??

Or even just some general advice on what else may assist me.

Or do I just bite the bullet and increase??

(Got to love anxiety ridden questions)

Much love and happy holidays!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.