Help! Day 16 On Prozac and Feel so sick

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi! I'm on day 16 and had the worst night/morning ever...anxiety worse than ever! i have not been able to eat properly for 2 weeks and all night retching to be sick but because loss of appetite nothing coming up! No energy to do nothing...I m really trying to hold this out! any advice be great! K x

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Katie

sorry your feeling so rough its so hard to cope with the side effects especially if you are normally sensitive to side effects.

It sounds like they are making you so ill im not sure whether you should discuss your side effects with your perscriber as vomiting dosent sound quite right, feeling nauseaus yes but actually vomiting dosent sound good and you are well into day 16 so the worst of the side effects should be wearing off by now i was rough starting this medication but i never vomited and once i got to two weeks i started to feel a little better day by day x

• Posted

Hi Donna,

Thank you for your reply!

I have just made an appointment to see my GP! its the nausea thats making me retch to be sick but only in the mornings...today was my worst day in 16 days xx

• Posted

****Hello

I have tried a few different medications. I found Fluxotine worked great for a few days, I felt amazing and then out of nowhere I had the same experience. My emotions went crazy. I switched to Lexapro and it made a world of difference. I always just took the doctors word but they never really told me that not all meds work the same and that everyone reacts differently to them. I didn’t know I’d have to figure it out through trial and error until I got the dosing, meds, etc. correct.

Talk to your doctor about the situation. I feel your pain and hope this helps!

• Posted

prozac has some pretty bad side effects in the beginning..... you really just have stick it out and maybe ask for an anti nausea drug, and a beta blocker to help with the anxiety..... It WILL get better, but you are in the first stages of the drug settling into your system, so you just need to be patient. I have always taken mine at night as it makes me wicked sleepy, but for some its energizing..... what is your current dosage??

• Posted

i cant promise anything , but i can assure you that most people do get better over time . Talk to your Dr about some beta blockers and some anti nausea drugs to help with the nausea and anxiety.... i took them in the beginning for a few months to help with the morning anxiety. propranolol is a good one for anxiety, and low dose zofran is good for nausea. get out and walk, meditate, do some puzzles, anything to keep your mind busy. Also remember to give the current dose you are on a few months to work properly , and remember that with each dose increase these side effects will come back for a while when the higher dose is introduced.

❤ sarah

• Posted

Katie,

I had the same side effects with feeling sick and nausea, however i was never vomited. It will subside soon. if i remember it subsides after 2-3 WEEKS. You will then get your appetite back. Another few side effects i got were dry mouth and anxiety. I was very anxious on how long the meds would take to kick in. 7-8 weeks they took. Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Good luck

D

• Posted

Thank you Deborah! i just cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel!! As soon as i wake up i feel anxious x

• Posted

Hi Katie,

Sorry to hear you are struggling so much with the nausea, it does sounds very common, but probably worth seeing your GP to check up. Try to get at least something into your stomach, a banana or some yoghurt? I'm on day 14 and really struggling too, but more with severe anxiety/agitation. I'm with you!

• Posted

Hi Katie, sorry to hear you're struggling but it really does help to know that others are having the same experiences. I'm on day 15 of a dose increase from 20 -40mg and yesterday was my worst day yet. I have had all the same side effects with the morning anxiety, panic attacks and nausea being the worst. I have been advised to give it another 2 weeks to level out so I really do hope that it starts to kick in soon and that there is a morning when I dont wake up already full of anxiety!

Best of luck and hope it gets better for you soon 😊

• Posted

Hi Jude!

Finding this site has helped me so much & to know we are not alone! Sorry to hear your going through the same thing but you can do this!

I am on day 19 so 3 weeks on Sunday and yesterday evening out of the blue the nausea just disappeared! I woke up still anxious this morning but no where near as bad as Monday that was horrendous...this afternoon I went out to the shops but was feeling very tired and drained. I actually ate food today instead of banana's but not got my whole appetite back as yet! Still not much motivation but did do some work today from home too!

Please keep taking them you are only a few days behind me and it was only Monday I thought I was dying and was thinking I cannot do this then out the blue nausea went!! It will for you too!! it will kick in!!

Keep in contact and let me know your progress...sending hugs and be strong ❤

• Posted

I'm so pleased to hear you had a better day Katie, I really hope it lasts for you and that you continue to improve 🤞

The mornings are the hardest and by evening I see a little glimmer of hope so that tells me something is trying to work and that this can get better!!

I haven't been able to work for the last 2 weeks but do hope to get back to it soon as hate having to take time off but have been surprised by how supportive colleagues have been. While doctors are great there is nothing like real life stories or experiences to let you know these up and downs and feelings of despair are part of the course that we seem to have to go through.

Fingers crossed for another good day x

• Posted

I dread the mornings too, they're horrendous. At this point I feel I would give ANYTHING to wake up peacefully 😦

• Posted

I am starting to think will this Anxiety ever go away!! 

• Posted

I know it's really hard right now but we have to believe that this will get better and that we will get back to much brighter days. I journal everything every day and find it really helps to look back over the days and see all the little changes that have taken place. It was only Wednesday when I was a complete wreck and couldn't stop the panic attacks all day long. Today is much better, I'm eating better, have been out to the shop and have just a bit more motivation. There will be ups and downs but hopefully soon the ups will outweigh the downs. Thinking of you and hope things start to improve for you really soon 😊

• Posted

hi i have been on prozac for about three weeks i get aniexty and nausa in the morning its not nice does it get easier my dosage is 20mg reading other comments i see others experience the same thanks Reagan

• Posted

Hi Reagan,

Keep going! It will go! 2 years down the line and I am a different person!! keep me posted!!

• Posted

hey Jude I know this post is old im on day 12 increase to 40mg just wondering how long it took till the increase kicked in I hope your well im going through hell

• Posted

hi robert your not alone im day 21 im so ill feeling sick.nothing good seems to be happening yet and at point of packing it in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.