Help figuring out what’s up with me.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey so ive recently been diagnosed at vitamin b12 deficiency and iron deficiency on a recent blood test, my doctor also suggested my white blood cell count was raised but i had not infection or flu at the time of my blood test. I've been given iron tablets aswell as waiting for my first vitamin b12 jab later this week. I have also had to do a stool test aswell as have more bloods taken on friday for an autoimmune test, they are also testing for cancer.

A little background on me, for the last month ive been suffering with extreme fatigue, shortness of breath, slight confusion sometimes, forgetting things sometimes too, i also suffer with bloating and recently ive been having a lower back and stomach pains. My menstrual cycle is all over the place, for the last year I have been having a period every 2 weeks sometimes every 1 and half weeks, sometimes in between i'll have a normal cycle. I have had an ultrasound done 6 months ago and it was all clear, I'm waiting on a smear test on the 20th december. My doctor has finally referred me to see a gynecologist at the hospital, I'm just waiting on that appointment. Today im also having pain in my chest and back when i breath or move certain ways. I feel like a broken record and my anxiety is pretty bad because of it all. I am a 25 year old female with 2 kids. I'm super nervous and i just feel like somethings really wrong with me. I'm just wondering if somethings been through something similar and can maybe give me some clarity on what could be up with me. i cant attach my photo of my blood results but my vitamin b12 levels were 94, my iron was 9, my folate was 4, my white blood cell count is 10.88 and my red blood cell count is 5.13 if thats any help.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.