Help needed on roseacea

Posted , 8 users are following.

My skin is terrible on my face and I'm going to see gp. I've had roseacea for years but it's bad now does anyone have any views on treatments please either prescribed or what to buy? I'm literally desperate at the moment x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Suzy, Skinoren is a medicated cream I got on prescription that I use.  Also on La Roche Posay Rosaliac range and use Vichy Dermablend foundation.  Avoid hot baths, alcohol and spicy foods. Hope that helps.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the reply. Are they available in the UK x
    • Posted

Hi Suzy, yes La Roche is available in many pharmacies in the UK, I'm in Republic of Ireland and it's sold widely here.  Skinoren you'll need a prescription.  Another tip: I don't wash my face with cleanser in the morning, just pat it with lukewarm water then cold. Also wear light cotton clothes, I find hot rooms aggravate my redness so wear cotton tops whenever possible. All the best!

• Posted

Which items from the laroche posay range do you recommend please x
    • Posted

Hi Suzy,  I use the Rosaliac gel cleanser (keep it in the fridge, which makes it nice and cooling) and sometimes also use their Micellar water.  Then I use the Rosaliac Riche UV moisturising cream (use the light version if you have oily skin).  And a really great product is the La Roche Posay CCC cream: it is a colour corrector, moisturiser and tint in one, absolutely brilliant, especially for summer months.  I always get people asking me what I'm using when I put that on.  Good luck and enjoy!

• Posted

May I ask why I don’t u use cleanser in morning I had a really hard time with my roeascsa got me so down 
    • Posted

Hi Charlotte,  I just feel that the skin is not really dirty in the morning, so I try and save rubbing on cleanser and just splash with water, much kinder to already clean skin.
  • Posted

Hi Suzy,

I had what I eventually found out to be Rosacea about 2 years ago. Long story short.... doctors couldn't tell me what it was. I looked on Google images to see if I could find something that looked like mine. Found an image and clicked on it and landed up on a site for a Chinese doctor who was a volunteer in the Chinese Army during the Korea war, he had a friend who had Rosacea and was desperate for help. This doctor eventually came up with this ointment that actually worked and he decided to focus on that problem because so many people in China suffered with it.

It's an immune problem, we need to make sure we get all the vitamins, minerals and plenty of sleep. We should get rid of as much stress and toxins as possible.  When we're run down we get ill, illnesses are caused by deficiencies, toxins and stress. 

So, my Rosacea was caused by Demodex, they live on our skin anyway but when the immune system is weak they can take over, like any parasite. I bought the soap and cream on the website and used it for roughly 3 months, I think. Some days it seemed to be getting better and some days it seemed a bit worse but I think that was when I put a bit too cream much on. After about 3 months I decided to stop using it one day and it completely cleared up, in about 3 days, nobody could believe it.

Short explanation;

Demodex are little mites that live on our skin, they lay eggs that hatch every 14 days or so. The cream kills the mites but if you use it for too short a time the eggs are still there and will hatch. So I wanted to use it for a lot longer to make sure everything was killed, hence 3 months.

I think the cream is quite strong, although it is all natural, and that's why it became more red if I put too much cream on. But for me it was amazing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone with this kind of problem, or acne.

I bought this;

and this;

Here is all the information about what Demodex is and the doctor;

Any questions just ask.

Good luck,

Sharon x

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Hi Sharon, I would be grateful if you could give me details of the treatment you used please.  I’m currently using Soolantra cream which has worked well but would prefer something natural if possible.  

Thank you

Julie

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Sorry, I've only just seen this message.

Below is what I used, they won't allow me to put links on here but you should find it easily. I bought it direct from the company, not any other sites.

The cream was called Zhonzhou Zinc Oxide and Sulphur Sublimate Ointment and I think the soap was Manting Bacteria Removing Soap. You only need a very thin layer of the cream, twice a day, just on the affected area. It has a very drying effect on the skin and it might make it worse before it gets better, but I would honestly recommend it, it was the only thing that worked for me and it still hasn't come back. I used it religiously for about 4 months in total, I wanted to make sure it had gone.

Please ask if you have any questions.

Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Suzy,

I had what I eventually found out to be Rosacea about 2 years ago. Long story as short as possible.... doctors couldn't tell me what it was. I looked on Google images to see if I could find something that looked like mine. Found an image and clicked on it and landed up on a site for a Chinese doctor who was a volunteer in the Chinese Army during the Korea war, he had a friend who had Rosacea and was desperate for help. This doctor eventually came up with this ointment that actually worked and he decided to focus on that problem because so many people in China suffered with it.

It's an immune problem, we need to make sure we get all the vitamins, minerals and plenty of sleep. We should get rid of as much stress and toxins as possible.  When we're run down we get ill, illnesses are caused by deficiencies, toxins and stress. 

So, my Rosacea was caused by Demodex, they live on our skin anyway but when the immune system is weak they can take over, like any parasite. I bought the soap and cream on the website and used it for roughly 3 months, I think. Some days it seemed to be getting better and some days it seemed a bit worse but I think that was when I put a bit too cream much on. After about 3 months I decided to stop using it one day and it completely cleared up, in about 3 days, nobody could believe it.

Short explanation;

Demodex are little mites that live on our skin, they lay eggs that hatch every 14 days or so. The cream kills the mites but if you use it for too short a time the eggs are still there and will hatch. So I wanted to use it for a lot longer to make sure everything was killed, hence 3 months.

I think the cream is quite strong, although it is all natural, and that's why it became more red if I put too much cream on. But for me it was amazing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone with this kind of problem, or acne.

I don't think they'll let me put the links but you can look up Demodex Solutions. The soap I used is called Acarid soap and the cream is called Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide. Don't be put off by the Chineseness of it, it worked for me.

Any questions just ask.

Good luck,

Sharon x

• Posted

I have had bad rosacea for years without knowing what it really was. My eye doctor actually told me Ihad it because I also have ocular rosacea. I was advised by GP to wash my face with Cetaphil face wash and she prescribed Metronidazole cream. Within weeks it ALL went away! (Not my eyes but my face.) It does reacur but it always goes away. I swear by it. It even shrunk the common bulb nose which wasn't bad. 

• Posted

Hi Suzy,

I wrote this for someone else on this site but my message is the same. Ask if you have any questions.

I had Rosacea for the second time about 3 years ago. I tried everything and nothing worked until I found a Chinese doctor who had developed a soap and cream. It didn't seem like it was really working, I think because it was quite strong and made my skin quite red. I persevered for about 4 months and when I stopped it cleared up in about 3 days, gone!

The cream was called Zhonzhou Zinc Oxide and Sulphur Sublimate Ointment and I think the soap was Manting Bacteria Removing Soap. You only need a very thin layer of the cream, twice a day, just on the affected area. It has a very drying effect on the skin and it might make it worse before it gets better, but I would honestly recommend it, it was the only thing that worked for me and it still hasn't come back.

Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.