Help needed on roseacea

Posted , 8 users are following.

My skin is terrible on my face and I'm going to see gp. I've had roseacea for years but it's bad now does anyone have any views on treatments please either prescribed or what to buy? I'm literally desperate at the moment x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi my daughters consultant prescribed a cream called soolantra she used this as instructed twice a day for 6 weeks her skin is now perfect every now and then a small patch will come she uses the cream for a few days then it's gone hope this helps

• Posted

HI SUZYI hate my rosacea as well

I have to be so careful what i eat or my cheeks and nose get too red and as we all know thats pretty depressing

Ive had it at various degrees for the last 20 years or so

As im sure youll agree diet plays a massive influence in rosacea.

Foods that set mine off

Cold ice cream or cold drinks. Any citrus fruits and juices. Greasy snd fatty foods, i cut all fat out of my diet and margarines. Pulses lentils etc, tomatoes, baked beans, hula hoops

Bacon and all pork, Aubergeines, bananas, spicy hot foods

Acohol as well but i love a drink so limit it to once a week. Perfumed toiletries is a no no for me

I hope these might be a small help.

Good luckHappy to chat anytime

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.