Help, on and off nausea for 2 months with minor pain, severe anxiety.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, ever since mid July after I got back from visiting family in Germany I have had bouts of Nausea that last anywhere from a few days to a week. Then I have a week or two without it and then it comes back. The nausea is very minor, it doesn't cause trouble in my daily life, its just there. On occassion my stomach does feel acidy and i'll have random pains around my stomach, very very minor pains might I add. I am 20 years old, got a blood test in April due to anxiety about other things, they did a CBC, stomach, liver, kidney, sugar, etc. and it was all perfect. However I am extremely obese for a male my age, weighing at 310 pounds. And eat like I am a dumpster, Mcdonalds every day almost, a soda a day (yesterday I had 3) so I'm wondering if that's the cause of it. However I have been diagnosed with a severe anxiety disorder and have immediatly latched onto stomach cancer being the culprit. My Uncle is a RN and my best friend is in medical school, both say it's very unlikely, borderline impossible. However I am still freaking out and was hoping to find some help in this forum as this is where I usally go to ease my mind. Thank you for reading and responding.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You may have IBS if all your tests are negative.  Do you have changes in bowel habit, incomplete evacuation and relief after a bowel movement?  Eating processed food can cause irritation if you have IBS.  Anxiety and particularly health anxiety is common with Irritable Bowel. Cut out artificial sugars and other processed food.  Try cooking from fresh and maybe try the  Fodmap diet.  Go back to your doctor to get an official diagnosis and ask about IBS.  Ask for an anti spasmodic or try a good probiotic.
    • Posted

Nope when I use the restroom everything is released. And I will, i'm going to be cutting down all the soda and all the mcdonalds and junk food.

• Posted

Thank you, I'm trying to keep my head held high, I've been having a mental breakdown almost every single day. I doubt it's anything to be concerned about but hopefully getting some tests will help me calm down. Not to mention after years of constant junk food/mcdonalds almost every single day I wouldn't be surprised if it's desroyed my stomach.

• Posted

Hey Airforce ,

Get some acupuncture wrist bands, I had the same thing coming back from Spain in April, they work like a dream, tried drugs..no,no!

I suffer anxiety too and iffy tummy. But don't eat junk, so not over weight, Do something about that now for your health, you are too you g, it will spoil your life. Best Wishes xx

• Posted

Coincidentally, I've had queasiness almost every day since mid

July too. Saw GI, did some tests,didn't show anything. I've had IBS

for years, but without the nausea. I also suffer from anxiety, so

Started back on lexapro which has helped, I think. Eating carefully

With no junk food. Hope you start to feel better soon.

• Posted

I got nausea with my IBS in the beginning.  Now I only get it occasionally if my stomach pain gets bad.
  • Posted

Deffo cut out the McDonald's is no good for you. Try getting ride of dairy from your diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.