Hemoroids or what?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I once had rectal bleeding, the blood was bright red, I used suppositories, the bleeding stopped.

I noticed something like this near the anus, I've had it for a long time, it doesn't hurt or bleed. What could it be? Should I be worried?

images below:

imageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi patrick57427, it looks like a haemorrhoid but from the picture it is not clear to me if it is an internal haemorrhoid or an external one.

You could apply some cream or petroleum jelly to your finger tip and gently try to push it inside your colon. If that is successful, then it is most likely an internal haemorrhoid. If you can not push it inside your colon, or if it slips out immediately and its base is very close to the anus then it could be an external haemorrhoid.

An external haemorrhoid can be very painful when it is inflamed. It will swell and have a rounded shape more like a pea or cherry. During a period of remission an external haemorrhoid can look more like a skin tag.

If necessary adjust your diet to include plenty of dietary fibre and liquids to avoid constipation and try to avoid straining while having a bowel movement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.