Herpes in my butt??? (PICS)

Posted , 10 users are following.

Okay, so some background info:

I have had a history of a small "cut" recurring at the top of my butt crack, and I'm pretty sure it was happening before I became sexually active too. I asked my mom about it and she said she's gotten it too and it's not a big deal. That being said, the cut I posted the picture of is a little bit further down than usual, which is why it's concerning me. I looked on my phone and actually had pics of a previous cut at the top of my crack from feb 1, and another about where the one i posted the pic of on feb 8, so they are recurring a lot recently. I do wear thong underwear, I used to think that was the culprit. They don't ever hurt or itch- maybe a little sting from hot water in the shower, and always heal on their own. No blood or discharge or anything like that. This one (pictured) took 5 days to heal and when i checked earlier still looks like there's some dried skin and still a bit pink? Now the second picture is a linear red rash next to my crack on the left side that appeared Saturday afternoon.I knew it had just appeared because I checked that morning to look at the cut and nothing else was there. Never experienced this before But again, it didn't hurt or itch, felt flat not raised and no bumps appeared. I applied antibiotic ointment (as I did to the cut) and it was completely gone in 24 hours... can anybody help me with this? Would herpes heal this quickly and recur this quickly?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i just realized the first pic looks like there’s a patch of white next to the cut... just want to clarify that’s glare from taking the pic with flash!
  • Posted

Have you had any sexual exposures in the past 3 months? And no herpes doesn’t heal that fast. Specially if you’re considering this your first outbreak. 
    • Posted

No, my last exposure (I’ve had multiple unprotected encounters unfortunately) was at the beginning of november. i do think i’m gonna get an igg test since i haven’t been tested specifically for herpes before. i know it’s possible to have no symptoms so no one’s really in the clear until they test, i suppose... i’m just scared of receiving a positive result sad
  • Posted

Herpes, would itch, sting and hurt, the blisters are clear in clusters and pop, this could be a type of yeast, you could try nystatin cream.  
    • Posted

thank you, i’ll try that if it reoccurs! it’s been happening a lot lately and my gyno said she had no idea what it could be sad
    • Posted

You would have to check with your dermatologist rather your gynecologist. But it does look like a yeast infection of some sort. Ive dealt with something called jock itch and the second photo on the right looks similar to that. But yes I would definitely get tested if you had several unprotected encounters. I know the dread the possibility of a positive results. I’m personally still waiting for my 3 month mark to get tested.. the waiting in itself is killing me. Feels like you whole life just stopped for these couple of months. But whatever happens we just got to keep pushing forward. Hopefully one day there will be a cure for this obnoxious virus lol. Anyway keep your chin up and keep us updated with how things for you. You’re definitely not alone and good luck. 
    • Posted

oh i know, the wait is pure torture. i can’t tell you how much time i’ve spent researching... reading forum after forum... making myself nauseous from thinking about it... i don’t know what exactly i’m expecting it to do, ease my mind?? i’ve pretty much convinced myself i’m one of the 80% who acquire herpes without knowing it. too many unprotected exposures in the past, odds are not in my favor. I am almost at my 4 month mark but too scared to get tested. i know i will eventually because i have a bf now and knowing what i know about this virus now i feel it’d be irresponsible not to get the test. even though the MAJORITY of sexually active people never do... it’s so frustrating to think about.
    • Posted

Wow lol you’re pretty much in the same boat. I had one encounter that involved a persons secretions and mutual masturbation and I too convinced myself that I have herpes at this point. I’ve researched everywhere as well. Trying to find any possible way that I could be std free. But the only way to find out is testing. So now I’m just trying to relax and accept that it’s out of my control. And idk if you actually do have herpes or not but know you’ll be doing the right thing to go and get tested. You’re absolutely right about being responsible. And hey even if you do have herpes it’s not the end of the world. Most people just take medicine to suppress the virus and they have a pretty normal life. You will too no matter what happens. Just got to take care of yourself from now on. 
    • Posted

thank you for those very kind words. i think the fact that it’s out of our control now is what’s the worst. i just wish i could go back in time and not sleep with those guys, i regret it all. and i don’t know if anyone has told you this yet, but that encounter you described to me is VERY low risk. the virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact so simply touching another person (even masturbating) is unlikely to result in transmission. unless you’ve had other encounters before this one, i’d bet you’re herpes-free smile
    • Posted

You’re absolutely right about wanting to turn back time and just take it all back. I felt the same way. But i cringe at this point my stupid decisions. But the good thing that came out of it those whole ordeal is that I’m more knowledgeable about STDs specifically how I can protect myself and the people around me. After my exposure I panicked and went in for testing at a very early time frame not knowing it’s best to wait before getting tested. Everything came back negative except for oral herpes hsv1 strain. Which confused me. But the doctor explained to me that I could have gotten it from any point in time in my life. She was very callous about it. Which I understand now, just wished she was more warm about it considering it was news to me. Well since then I’ve been trying really careful not to pass it on to my family. So in a way I’m happy I know I have something so I can protect the people around me. Yeah it’s awful that it’s out of our hands. Just wish doctors would screen people for herpes even though it’s “common” that just irritates me when they say that. It’s just best to have a person get tested before committing yourself to a sexual relationship. It just skips all that uncertainty and pain of going through all of this. But I appreciate your words. I really do hope things turn out fine for the both us regardless of the tests. And please do keep us updated with what’s going on with you. Appreciated the conversation. Helped me put things in to perspective in a sense. 
    • Posted

I have oral HSV-1 too! never been tested but i used to get cold sores frequently as a child so i assume i have it. i hope all turns out well for you too! how much longer til your 3 month mark? this makes me feel a little better, talking to someone, because i’ve felt so alone through all of this. part of me wants to book an appointment now and get this over with! but i’m afraid of what will happen if i test positive. i really feel like the odds aren’t in my favor.
    • Posted

Wow that’s interesting that You have oral hsv1 as well. I really do hope their is a cure for this stuff at some point. I know it doesn’t kill you it’s just irritating to deal with the outbreaks as well having to be careful with infecting someone. Wish I could live care free. But in regards to my 3 month mark it would be around April 8.. I’ve been slowly counting the days since I found out that waiting 3 months would be the ideal wait time. Just feels like time is moving so slow and like I said just feels like my life hit the pause button. I’m glad you’re feeling better too talking to someone about it. I really don’t have anyone to talk to about that is going through the same thing so this is therapeutic for me as well to have someone to talk to about this though I am sorry that you’re going through this to begin with. I know you’re scared regarding your results. I know the fear since as you know I’m going through it as well. I just hope you’re fine. And like I said you’re not alone and if you feel like talking about it I’m here for you. Hopefully we can support each other too. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much, I hope the same for you! I really don’t doubt that you’ll receive negative results due to the exposure you described... it seems VERY low risk, truly. but yes, i’m here to talk if you need it! i think there’s a way we can message on here.
    • Posted

Thank you that means a lot you’re offering your ear or

I guess it would be your eyes. I definitely would like to chat from time to time. And thank you again for your take on my exposure. I’ve tried looking everywhere specifically for my incident and I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere. Some website say that herpes can be transmitted through bodily fluids while others say it doesn’t. And then there is the mutual masturbation aspect as well that it says it’s low risk. But really what does that mean? I’m also having these symptoms like my buttocks feel itchy and have this singular spot on the head of my penis. It’s very small bump that has a white head is best as I can describe. And even that I can’t seem to find a proper answer. So at this point I’ve just said F** it I’m just going to accept my fate and deal with the consequences lol. But yeah feeling anxious about my upcoming tests. And yeah there is a way you can message through this just need to figure out how to do so lol. How are you feeling today btw? How’s the skin thing looking? 

• Posted

herpes isn’t transmitted through bodily fluids like semen but the fluid from herpes sores has viral load in them. i think mutual masturbation is low risk because it’s unlikely you could touch someone else’s genitals and get enough virus on your hands to transmit to yourself. there’s a certain amount needed for transmission. as for the itching, i’ve experienced that too but i also read on one of terri warren’s forums that usually herpes itch is concentrated to one spot and usually accompanied by lesions. and i’m doing fine today! i’ve been all healed up for a few days now smile if anything comes back i’ll get a swab

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.