Herpes in my butt??? (PICS)

Posted , 10 users are following.

Okay, so some background info:

I have had a history of a small "cut" recurring at the top of my butt crack, and I'm pretty sure it was happening before I became sexually active too. I asked my mom about it and she said she's gotten it too and it's not a big deal. That being said, the cut I posted the picture of is a little bit further down than usual, which is why it's concerning me. I looked on my phone and actually had pics of a previous cut at the top of my crack from feb 1, and another about where the one i posted the pic of on feb 8, so they are recurring a lot recently. I do wear thong underwear, I used to think that was the culprit. They don't ever hurt or itch- maybe a little sting from hot water in the shower, and always heal on their own. No blood or discharge or anything like that. This one (pictured) took 5 days to heal and when i checked earlier still looks like there's some dried skin and still a bit pink? Now the second picture is a linear red rash next to my crack on the left side that appeared Saturday afternoon.I knew it had just appeared because I checked that morning to look at the cut and nothing else was there. Never experienced this before But again, it didn't hurt or itch, felt flat not raised and no bumps appeared. I applied antibiotic ointment (as I did to the cut) and it was completely gone in 24 hours... can anybody help me with this? Would herpes heal this quickly and recur this quickly?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

DEAR R16311,

I have had herpes simplex for 40 years. I got it from my fiance- nice? It's the only lasting thing he gave me except the denial he had it. He had it genitally so that was my first occurrence. Genitally. In 40 years the only time I had it genitally was the first occurrence. Herpes is in the same arena as shingles, the virus lives in your nerves. Latent until a stressor instigates a flare up. For myself the flare ups occur in a strange place. On the left upper back hip area - some would say it's on my rear end left flank.

About 4 days before actual pustules (clear small fluid filled bumps usually at least 5 -7 bumps) I can feel nerve pain radicular up and down the back side of my left leg. This pain is significant. The pain would justify or require a pain pill to control it.

( My sweet 90 year old grandmother got shingles in the nursing home she was in and the doctor prescribed opiate pain meds for her until the shingles disappeared.)

When a break out occurs- the sooner the bumps pop the sooner it heals. This stage is also the contagious stage. Popped blisters would infect another. As long as you stay away or keep the blisters from popping inadvertently touching another (I'm not sure is skin exposure will infect someone or it takes an open orifice, like a cut or obvious exposure through sex) that infects someone else? I have had a long term relationship who never got infected.

My opinion of your episode is that this is NOT herpes simplex. Plus you don't mention burning, radiating nerve pain also you do not say that this outbreak itches. And active herpes simplex itches like crazy. The nerves burn and the active site itches like nothing else. Hope this explanation of my known diagnosed condition helps you identify. For true peace of mind you might consider consulting a doctor. There are maintenance meds a person can take to prevent the virus from activating to an outbreak.

• Posted

does this look like herpes? they dont hurt or itch at all

• Posted

Did you ever find out what this was? I've had the same recurring cut in my butt crack for I don't know how many years.

• Edited

Hi. I just came across this site and across your post. First thanks for sharing pictures. It helps. I have been going through something post surgery and it led me down the rabbit hole trying to retrace my steps mentally and I am trying to get to the bottom of it, currently.

I have made some torturous progress but, later today i am consulting a dermatologist. And i want to see a proctologist as well.

Your pictures look like yeast to me. What strain of candida I am unsure of. And yes that kinda does matter, as i learned from a horrible prior experience in the USA medical system... There is a difference when it comes to candida albicans (which most doctors will assume...) and candida glabrata etc...

That said between applying straight undiluted Apple Cider Vinegar to my butt groove and surrounding butt cheek areas as well as the anus ( it doesn't harm but might hurt for a min) + alternating with diluted tea tree essential oil (diluted with clean water NOT a carrier oil) and applied with cotton ball or cue-tips — those things have been the ONLY thing that has helped. OH and a good full spectrum probiotic. ALso i have have been giving myself a ACV tonic. I didn't bother with monistat because bad past experiences and it isn't so effective. I am looking into Nystatin which some one else in the comments mentioned. But i am going to wait until after i see a dermatologist etc. I was some empirical data on WTF this is. I consulted one doctor already and upon looking at the irritated area prior to me going full ACV and tea tree oil route, the doctor said it was herpes and yeast. I don't know how on this planet i could suddenly have herpes. I tried the acyclovir cream. It made things worse. I presume because the moisture aspect. the rash doubled in less than a few hours. And of course i had scratched it so it looked/felt bad. I'm curious, how you are doing and what was/is your conclusion?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.