Skip to content

Genital Herpes Simplex

Also known as Herpes - Genital

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • HSV symptoms and 2 negative IGG tests over 8 months. Need advice!

A little over 8 months ago I had mostly protected sex twice with a guy over a wknd. The first 10 minutes or so was unprotected both times, as well as unprotected oral sex. Within a few days I noticed a slight burning sensation vaginally and within a week I had flu like symptoms. The burning got worse...

Last reply
  • Help I’m confused

So I tested NEGATIVE for herpes in January 2018 then comes March I have this really bad discharge and pain anytime I would discharge or urinate which was pretty often I go to the hospital Friday tells me my cervix were inflamed and I possibly had chlamidya, tric, or gonorrhea.. so over the weekend the...

Last reply
  • I was just diagnosed today with herpes 1 and 2 how did i get it?

I was sexually active in highschool with about 5 partners mostly no protection then was celibent 5 years then restarted in 2013 marride began unprotected sex during marriage till of Nov 2015 after marriage ended then summer 2016 began unprotected sex with bf untill Jan 2017 after that abusive boyfriend...

Last reply
  • I feel like my love life is completely over with

A month ago I find out I had herpes first I had a really watery foul smelling discharge then couple days later it burned when I used the restroom so Friday I went to the doc she said my cervix were inflamed Saturday the pain in my vagina was indescribable I mean I could cry I barely wanted to walk...

Last reply
  • can HSV1 cause burning sensation?

Please help  I did 10 panel test they came back positive for hs1 or oral herpes ,right now I have some outbreaks in my mouth but also Burning sensation sometimes in my penis ....I have 2 questions please answer: 1/ Can oral herpes cause penis burning? 2/Is this burning sensation will stop after...

Posted
  • Could this be herpes?

This is definitely NOT normal. I had a yeast infection and I was itching my vagina so I guess I tore it open but now I have very painful burning bumps where I guess I had itched it raw?? I used vinegar on them and inside of my vagina a vinegar soaked tampon for about 45 mins that burned so bad. I am...

Last reply
  • How to pee when you are having a outbreak

I was diagnosed with type one herpes on my genital area about two weeks ago. During my first outbreak was horrible, I could barely walk, it burned and iched really bad. When I used the bathroom it would burn, I had to pee in a tub filled with warm water, it still burned just not as bad. I kept thinking...

Last reply
  • Does herpes cause itching/pain even when no sores?

I was diagnosed with herpes over 2 years ago and had not had anything except the first outbreak. However for the past 4 months I have had persistent vaginal itching. In that time I also had 2 yeast infections and BV but those have been cleared for the past month or so. However I STILL constantly feel...

Posted
  • Newly diagnosed- itching??

Hi, I was diagnosed with genital herpes type 2 a couple of weeks ago. My first outbreak was horrific but the sores cleared up within 5 days on aciclovir. Now I've got really intense itching in my vagina and all around my bum, has anyone else experienced this? I've been doing quite a bit of research...

Last reply
  • Extreme misunderstanding with hsv1 diagnosis

So I have just been diagnosed with genital hsv1. I have only had one sexual partner my entire life who is my current boyfriend, he took my virginity. I have never had any type of sexual encounter with anybody else. My symptoms began about two weeks ago while on my cycle . I had on a pad which did not...

Last reply
  • HELP!

Hey all,  I'm new to this site (and unfortunately) hsv2. Needless to say, it'e been a long, rough, rocky road the last month.. I have some questions.. from your personal hsv2 experience, how long after exposure did you start to notice symptoms? Trying to clarify a few things...

Last reply
  • HSV-2 only: Who else, and how often do you have outbreaks?

Thought it would be good to have a discussion thread just for those with IgG/swab-confirmed HSV-2 (so not presumed cases). For personal "research" purposes, lol, I'm also very interested to know: 1. How long you've had it. 2. How often do you have outbreaks. 3. Did you have a history...

Last reply
  • Small bumps on penis head

For about a year ive had these small skin colored bumps on the head of my penis ive had oral a couple times and have had sex but only with condoms on im worried because im 15 and dont know if its a std.

Posted
  • does this look like genital herpes? (pics) (with backstory)

got small bumps on the top of my penis really confused on if it us herpes or another disease or just harmless penile bumps So me and my girlfriend of almost four months have been sexual active and havent been using a condom while having sex. we are both virgins to each other and lost our virginities...

Last reply
  • Infected heat rash or herpes

I work as a CNA and I got what I believe is a heat rash around my anus that got infected the doctor's agreed and gave me an antibiotic also took a swab now they're saying it's herpes hsv 1. They aren't blisters they kinda look like infected pimples some are flat it and I don't have...

Last reply
  • Im Really Panicking, Could Use Some Urgent Advice

I currently haven't been diagnosed with genital Herpes although I'm almost certain that I do. Sex weeks after unprotected sex with a female I experienced some pain whilst peeing and yellow discharge. I went to the clinic and was tested to which the results for you routine tests were negative....

Last reply
  • Hsv herpes select results could be false positive?

My last potential exposure to hsv2 was 3 months ago. A couple days ago I took a blood test (herpesselect elisa). I have not had any outbreaks but have symptoms that could be hsv2 such as irritation and redness. My gyno told me I tested postitive for hsv and perscribed me valtrex 2x a day for 10 days....

Posted
  • Herpes?

I recently had 2 unprotected oral in counter, and roughly a month ago I had a sexual encounter with X with HSV2 who has been on the Antiviral for sometimes and takes them everyday. Please take a look at these photos and tell me what my odds are. Im very concerned. I haven't had any discomfort, but...

Last reply
  • Is this a STD

Had two different occurrences of unprotected oral. Didn’t even notice this into taking a close look. No sure how long it’s been there 

Last reply
  • Non genital herpes - on my hand/arm

Hi - I contracted the herpes virus from a ex ex boyfriend, however, I did not know I had it until my current ex partner contracted it. However, I do not get genital herpes, but I get occasional outbreaks of blisters around my wrist area or on the palm of my hand. My ex now has genital herpes and I know...

Last reply
  • Results explanation?

I just got my results back for herpes simplex can someone explain results? HSV1 igg Ser EIA-acnc 25.40 <o.90 negative 0.90-1.09 equivocal >1.9 positive HSV2 Ser EIA-acnc 3.45 <0.90 negative 0.90-1.09 equivocal >1.09 positive They said positive for both how do i know if it's recent or...

Posted
  • Do I have herpes? (see pics)

So, alittle back ground info. For the last few days I've been very... whats the word- uncomfortable. My boyfriend whom I've been seeing for almost two months came over for the fourth time within the last two months (he lives two hours away) and per usual- we had sex... a lot of it. Unprotected...

Last reply
  • I think second outbreak

I was diagnosed with Ghsv1 over a year ago. I have not had another outbreak that I’m aware of. About a week ago I started experiencing burning down there and there was nothing there. Then Friday two red bumps very small showed up. They do not look like blisters but do itch. My first outbreak did create...

Last reply
  • Can hsv1 gential cause nerve damaging??

I have had obs back to back for the last year. Was put on valtrex 500mg daily. Only have ever came out in lesions once..my symptoms are burning tingling itchy redness. Valtrex made Herpes mild. Went back for follow up and dr said let's give u 1g to take to kick it in the butt. Well it didn't...

Last reply
  • Internal outbreak only

Hi, I seem to be having back to back outbreaks but only suffer the symptoms internally and rarely have any blisters or legions. My symptoms are usual ones like constant fatigue, can’t concentrate almost asif there is a smog over my brain, aching constantly, slight anxiety, nausia, headaches Obviously...

Last reply
  • I am experiencing a first herpes outbreak, easy to determine source?

I have a few questions as I experience this for the first time — About Sunday around 10pm I developed a fever with aches and chills, I was annoyed I was getting sick. I noticed my first sore Wednesday at about 6am after 24 hrs of painful urination. More sores are popping up making it more painful - will...

Last reply
  • herpes or am I freaking out

Hi. About a week ago I discovered a bump on the inner lip of my vagina. It was about the size of a pencil eraser and seemed to be under the skin. It was not colored and did not hurt. For five days it didn't change. Then I tried popping it (bad idea I know) and after trying first some white liquidy...

Last reply
  • I tested positive but my partner tested negative for herpes.

I have been in a commited relationship for almost 5 years. We are planning on getting married and having kids one day. Two weeks ago I went in to the Dr. because I nicked myself while shaving and I thought it had gotten really infected (maybe a rusty blade, yeast infection from my soap, to much sweating...

Last reply
  • Help

Can someone please look at my profile picture and tell me if this is genital warts? I have been careless with my sex life and I’m paying for it. I feel disgusted with myself. I’m only 19 and have no parent figured to take me to the gyno. I don’t know what i am going to do!!? Please help me 

Last reply
  • Could I have had herpes for months without knowing?

I just posted another discussion, but thought of a different question.  I am experiencing what I believe to be my first outbreak. I got a fever Sunday and found my first sore Wednesday morning after painful urination for 24hrs. To me, this is differently that anything I’ve experienced.  Last...

Posted
  • Just found out I have herpes last week

At first the doctor thought it was bv because it was very mild. But at the start of the course of taking the metronidazole vaginal gel I started getting raw painful open sores. I went to the obgyn 3 days later because the pain was so excruciating I couldn’t sit. As soon as I open my legs she says “yep...

Last reply
  • Help!! Herpes??

I haven’t had any symptoms of pain or anything no burning when i pee but i don’t know what these bumps are. I am sexually active but i keep up on nun STD testing I’m just nervous after this one new guy i met. I have a STD test coming up next week but I’m scared please help 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.