Skip to content

Genital Herpes Simplex

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • FelizCastus 6
  • Beehive66 2

Straight forward answer

So soon after this guy went down on me, I had a pimple like spot. I went and got it tested and it came back at hsv 2. I texted the guy and he said "wtf I was tested a few months ago but looks like I have to go back" I texted him today asking what his results were and he said "Mine was within range...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mary43533 2

HSV1

What do you tell potential partners? I was diagnosed with HSV1 2 years ago and feel like it has ruined my life. I would love to meet someone but feel terrified of rejection . I don't get OBs but still

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • pt62396 2

Just diagnosed

So I was just diagnosed with HSV2 after finding two small sores on my vagina. It wasn't a bad outbreak and it barely itched. I was more emotionally hurt. 10 days have passed and the blisters have been cured and to my horror. Two more sores have popped up in different places. One more on my vagina and...

• al89673 2

gHSV1 and gHSV2 , which one is worse?

I've been waiting for my test results and they finally came in. I have genital herpes HSV 2. I have been reading like crazy on the difference between the two but every site says differently. The last site said that HSV1 is more risky and more infectious. Is this true? Im hoping so considering I have...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • amy71768 1

Terrified I might have genital herpes

I have been pretty exhausted lately and a couple of days ago noticed a sore resembling a pimple on my outer labia. It wasn't really itchy or painful but now it has grown to a cluster of about 7 and they are quite raised red and sting a little. As it's the weekend I haven't been able to get an appointment...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • angle84796 1

I've need help I'm sooo scared

Today I noticed a red bump on my vagina in the hair area it's not painful but I tried bursting it and that hurted, also the liquid that came out was clear then it was blood no pus please tell me it's not herpes

• BummerKC 2

Found out girlfriend of 5 months has herpes- HSV2

Good afternoon, Yesterday was quite the day.  I've always had a fear of STDs, I'm not sure why, I'm just a germo.  I've gotten better as I've gotten older, but I've tried to be careful to protect myself.  Yesterday, my girlfriend received test results from her gyno appointment.  She apparently requested...

66 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Beehive66 2

Misdiagnosed?

This is frustrating. I was diagnosed with type 2 June 12th. Monday I was diagnosed with BV and yeast and running more test results to see if the first results were accurate. I took my bv/yeast prescriptions and my right buttock and back of left leg feels like a sore muscle / sun burn? Skin is tingling...

• majesty04526 1
  • g03366 1

Is this herpes (bottom)

Just found these on my bum, and wondered if they looked like herpes? The 2 together appear to have hairs growing out of them, the one nearer the crack is the one I am concerned about. Opinions please.

• autumn63229 1

Just been diagnosed with herpes , how long does it take to accept it?

Its been three days since i have been diagnosed with herpes . I will be fine during the day but cry myself to sleep every night . I have been reading many posts about how others took them about 6 months + to finally accept it . Are there people that it took them shorter times to accept it . I dont want...

• starfish19092 2

Chicken pox vaccine curing herpes????

I have HSV1 genital herpes I'm just getting over my first outbreak and have seen a lot of people say the chicken pox vaccine can help with having less hsv breakouts or none at all??? This outbreak was so horrible I never want to go through it again so if anyone has taken this vaccine with hsv please...

• lil08678 2

Western Blot - IgG test results

Has anyone tested negative using a Western Blot after being positive with the IgG? I had the IgG last September. HSV 1 >62.20 HSV 2 was 3.59 I have been totally monogamous for the last 8 years. I have never had symptoms. I decided to be tested when I had my physical exam because my husband cheated...

• al89673 2

I NEED RELIEF HELP!!

I have had pain since last Saturday. I found out I have genital herpes yesterday. The cuts and lesions seem to worsen every single day. And today I've just had enough.....I've went in chlorine water and taken warm baths but both seemed to make it hurt way more. My doctor said no creams while on antibiotics...

• james84867 2

STD Herpes?

Hello, I had sex about 5 weeks ago more of a short affair and Although I wore protection it wasnt covering all. I was in the heat of the moment and should have stopped.  about 5 weeks later i have a red rash below head of penis. Its hard to make out what is their as maybe tiniest of blisters and tiny...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • louisebrooks 2
  • cassi89294 1

Does this look like herpes? *picture*

a week and a half ago I had sex for the first time with someone Ive gotten pretty serious with. He was pretty big and right after we had sex I noticed he had ripped me a little. I didn't pay much attention to it because after a good day the pain went away. Well a few days later he came over and we had...

• alyssa 32811 2
  • al89673 2

Chlorine water hurts my outbreak

I went into chlorine water thinking it will help because I've read up on it on this website that others say it helps cleanse and heal the wounds. I have been in extreme pain the last 2 days from my outbreak due to my lesions. I'm constantly stinging down there and Ice seems to be my only relief because...

• ryan85765 1

1st breakout and I'm miserable!

Hi, I'm new here. I'm 46 years old and I've been in a serious relationship for the past 3 years. My boyfriend has oral herpes from an encounter he had years ago. We've always been careful when he has outbreaks, or so we thought. It started with my hemmeroids acting up, so I went with my usual treatment...

23 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • neli5874 2

Dilemma

Does the hsv 2 igg rapid test work? Should I trust the negative results

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jenny93411 1

all the symptoms of genital herpes ...

I have read some alarming things on this website and I got really stressed. My genital herpes is/was quite severe, am in week 5. But I wanted to say that have advised me that many people suffer nerve distress and that all symptoms (inc constipation) normally fade away with time. So i do not think its...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • sally94034 1

Newly diagnosed

Hi, today I've been diagnosed with type 2 and my emotions are all over the place as I was quite shocked as I am currently in a 2 year relationship. I've done a lot of reading and it seems that a lot of people have quite a big outbreak at first which is really painful and had flu like symptoms. I have...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • r35506 3

Drying out herpes blisters quickly

Hi all, Used to quite an active member but have generally come to terms a little with my illness over the past ten months. As a back story I caught herpes off my new partner. He didn't know he had it and it was a terribly tough time. I've been through a major depressive period, but to those of you struggling,...

38 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • triton 2

Genital Herpes & Constipation?

Hi all! I contracted genital herpes earlier this year(March). To make a long story short.. during my initial outbreak I not only had a few bumps down there, painful urination, etc. but I also had a very strange pain in my tailbone and lower spinal area. It was almost a jolting sensation going off down...

49 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • elizabeth86363 1
  • confused12012 2

confused about HSV 1

I had unprotected sex in July with my boyfriend who I had broken up for more than 2 months. And then in August with someone else. Both were unprotected and I got oral. I did not give oral to the other man. In August just before sex I had e coli infection for which I took antibiotics and after sex I had...

• al89673 2

Genital herpes

I'm 19 years old and I just found I have genitalia herpes. I haven't gotten results back but doctor said she doesn't know what else it could be. I have sores and lesions around my vulva. I feel like my world is over and I'll never be able to be sexual active again. I was with my boyfriend of 3 years...

• tessa60020 1

2nd herpes OB

Hello all ! I am 19 years old and found out I had herpes back in august of 2016. I'm currently going through my second OB. My current OB is no where near as painful and irritating as the first, but of course it is still very annoying. For my first OB I was prescribed valtrex, but I suspected it did...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jess76990 1

Questioning the lab hsv results

Hi everyone, For some time now I have been testing Via CityMD for all of my STD panels. I recently noticed a strange pattern in my results. If i am correct, the index values for herpes fluctuate even if is not by much. Now here is my dilemma. I have been testing via citymd for 2 years now First test...

• sally 45281 2

Hasimotos and Genital Herpes

Recently I lost my virginity to one of my very best friends that I trusted with my life. I was raised in a strict Christian background and was already feeling guilty for not waiting until marriage to have sex. At the beginning of this week I went to the doctor for symptoms of a yeast infection. My doctor...

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • mannknee 2

May anyone know what is I got! Irritation, Rash or Herpes

Hey the name is manny, So today I've notice something on my left side of my tip and inside my foreskin. This thing looked to appear to a rash in a way ! On the tip of my Penis it had like a small line of redness but not bumpy or and blisters of any sort or itchness Under my foreskin as I pulled the...

• katie42587 3

Newly diagnosed- itching??

Hi, I was diagnosed with genital herpes type 2 a couple of weeks ago. My first outbreak was horrific but the sores cleared up within 5 days on aciclovir. Now I've got really intense itching in my vagina and all around my bum, has anyone else experienced this? I've been doing quite a bit of research but...

64 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jess76990 1
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.