Skip to content
Ad

Genital Herpes Simplex

Also known as Herpes - Genital

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sexually active since 21 and i never did a herpes test. Help please

Hi, as the title states I have been sexually active since 21 and I never took a herpes test. I have done every STi test since being sexually active but never HSV. In my years of being sexually active, I have had sex with 5 men. I am 25. All of them were with condoms and 2 unprotected. My first unprotected...

Last reply
  • Genital herpes breakout

I've woken up this morning with signs of a breakout on the front of my vagina. I had a stressful day yesterday which I think has sparked it off! Anyway...bit concerned yesterday as had sex with my partner but at the time, had no symptoms. Have I passed it to him? He knows I have it...

Last reply
  • Do the blisters always hurt and burst open and ooze fluid?

I have suspected for awhile I may have herpes but when I have an "outbreak" they are nothing like I have researched. The latest one didn't give any signs of coming. It was just there. No itching, no blister, nothing bursting open, no fluid, nothing. I would know it was there if I didn't...

Posted
  • HSV1 what to say......

Hi. Does anyone else have HSV1 genital? What do you say to people? I haven't dated in 2 years, and want to get back out there. Any advice?

Last reply
  • Is this herpes??

So about a week ago I went out with my friends and I wore a shaper. By the end of the night after walking and feeling it dig into my skin I was in so much pain. I noticed this week this bumps that goes along with this pain. Is this herpes caused by the tight shaper or just bumps from the shaper alone??

Posted
  • 57 male with very sore penis

so one week ago I go to my doctor because under my foreskin is painful and red. She says probably balanitis (rather disconcerting when google to find that is bad hygiene apparently). She prescribes steroid/antibiotic cream which was wonderful I got a good pain free nights sleep for first time in three...

Last reply
  • Famciclovir during primary outbreak

I'm currently experiencing my primary outbreak. I've been diagnosed with type 1 in the genital area. Visible symptoms began last friday (11th of August) I was able to get to a doctors on Monday (14th). On Monday I took 1500mg of Famciclovir. Since then I've been taking 250mg 3 times a day...

Last reply
  • What was your herpes timeline?

Hi all, Ive been doing a lot of reading and havent found much regarding timeline of herpes first outbreak. I thought it might be a good discussion topic for those who are recently diagnosed as it scary to wonder how long youll be in agony for! Mine goes like this: Last monday night i had a little...

Last reply
  • I'm worried I may have herpes *pictures*

I have a bump on the lips of my vag that came the week after I had unprotected sex. The bump didn't bother me until I found it, it itches a little and has a little white puss that isn't coming out. After a few days it seemed to start going away but it looks like two more tiny bumps are growing...

Last reply
  • Help!

Good God! This is my second ob and this one is worse than the first one. I have to pretend like I'm not in pain due to the ignorance of my family members. This is all new to me and I can't live like this. I'm bleeding because the itching is unbearable and I have to scratch and then the burning...

Last reply
  • Feeling stupid !!!!

I found out a month ago I had genital herpes. I was in shock!!! The guy who gave it to me know he had it and didn't tell me!! On top of that he is mad at ME !!!!!! I "outed him". What was I suppose to do ? I am not in the 18-49 age group more like 57-65! That is why I feel so stupid!!!!...

Posted
  • Hemorroids ? or herpes ?

i have these bumps around my anal area. they bleed and it itches when i put hydrogen piroxidw Please help i want to know what condition do i have

Last reply
  • Drying out herpes blisters quickly

Hi all, Used to quite an active member but have generally come to terms a little with my illness over the past ten months. As a back story I caught herpes off my new partner. He didn't know he had it and it was a terribly tough time. I've been through a major depressive period, but to those...

Last reply
  • How long after symptoms from an outbreak can you have sex

Today I was stressed out about something and I felt what usually feels like to me the oncoming of an outbreak. I checked but there are no signs of blisters. I'm on suppressive therapy and have been so for about a year and a half now. I doubled up on valtrex today to try to stop the outbreak in it's...

Last reply
  • I have to go back to work with HSV2

Hey there, Two days ago I went to the clinic and the doctor told me the great news: you've got herpes! Hurray. I was hoping it was just a yeast infection. Learning that it would last for life wasn't fun either. My boyfriend feels really bad because I most probably got it from him. And hes not...

Last reply
  • Vaginal discharge with Herpes

Newly diagnosed  4 months ago  , getting outbreaks once a month sometimes two . Just recently starting to  have vaginal discharge with an outbreak . Went to gyn was told it was possibly from outbreak . No burning or itching . Has anyone had this happen ? The other months i would have...

Last reply
  • Valtrex for anal fissures??

I have genital hsv1, i've had it since january 2017 when i first got diagnosed, i tend to get anal fissures.. I tend to itch down there and then it seems to make it worse I know i should try avoiding itching but my question is should I take valtrex for anal fissures?? or will they get better on their...

Last reply
  • Acyclovir for hsv2 reviews?

So I've started suppression therapy 2 a day, and I feel like it definitely has helped but I still get outbreaks  It's kind of more annoying though because I question whether it is an outbreak because it'll be a little red bump and it doesn't hurt or itch  So I never know what...

Last reply
  • Have herpes, unprotected sex

I was diagnosed herpes 2 five years ago. I didnt aware I had it and was in relationship. Until the first outbreak I got tested, same as my ex. His result came out positive, we didnt know who got first but we supported each other. We broke up almost 2 years ago, we remained friends and he already started...

Last reply
  • Herpes symptoms but not sure- Please, please help :(

To anyone taking the time to help me, thankyou very very much- I am over the anxiety and stress of all of this.  This whole incident started about 8 weeks ago. I shaved my pubic area, labia area and anus area. After that, I felt an itching inside of my vagina, and two little pimple looking dots....

Last reply
  • Bumps in labia majora ( picture )

Well I've been with the same person for the las 6 months . Never had an issue before , even tho I'm really expose to frequent yeast infection especially recently that I've change my birth control over 3 times . Now like 3 days ago I was sleeping and not wearing underwear, felt a lil itching...

Last reply
  • New to herpes...seeking some advice on how to live my life

Hi all, I've been combing the internet looking for answers to the 1000 questions I have, so I figured I might as well ask them directly. Backstory: about a week ago I scratched what I thought was a razor bump while shaving and didn't think anything of it. As time went on I got really intense...

Last reply
  • Could the doctors diagnosed me wrong?

Ok I'll get a really sore nose sometimes to the point I'm crying when I search about it it's a blister inside it but it will come up as type 1 instead of type 2 the doctor said I have type 2 I don't get cold sores on the mouth though so maybe it's something else? I do get really painful...

Last reply
  • Razor burn or herpes

Lately i have been experiencing some things going on with my vagina. I keep getting these bumps. That sometimes turn into sores. Ive been tested twice for herpes and they keep saying that its folliculitis. They gave me some antibiotic cream. Which worked well. Plus keflex for infectin. But now they are...

Last reply
  • HSV on calf?

So I'm trying to figure out how HSV 1 or 2 works on the body. I have been dealing with a rash I believe is HSV on my calf muscle since July. Just recently I can see the rash going away. However there is a new rash that just presented itself last week. Looks exactly like the rash that is going away....

Last reply
  • Genital Herpes? Virgin?

This might sound far fetched to some people, but for years (as young as maybe 13/14), once in a while, maybe every few months i will get itchiness, irritation, soreness, and bumps around various areas in and around and on my vagina. They can be various sizes. I have NEVER been sexually active and im...

Last reply
  • Hi these things have been a great help fo me

Hello i am also suffering from HSV2 i got from a scumbag and its really painful , embarassing and feel very blue but i never take acyclovir or any medicines for herpes for i take more the natural way , regular intake of lysine supplement and collagen +c i also take pure grapeseed extract softgels ,...

Last reply
  • Herpes changed me in a good way

Herpes has changed my attitude and everything but for the good I say what's on my mind and lose people cause of it least I feel like I am I got the I don't care attitude now I used to speak what's on my mind less but since I was diagnosed I'm like a whole new person I say things that...

Last reply
  • 3 clustered sore in perineal area (with pictures)

So I'm a little concerned about what looks like sores on my perineal area. A little background: over a year ago I was in a relationship for over 7 months, up until I found out he was cheating on me. Afterwards I went in to get various STI screenings, and everything came back negative except for a...

Last reply
  • Just been diagnosed with herpes

I'm a 17 year old girl who's has just been diagnosed with herpes and the pain when I per is absolutely excruciating , please anyone out there can give me some helpful advice go ease off this pain I would really appreciate it , I've just started an anti viral medication it doesn't seem...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.