Skip to content
Ad

Genital Herpes Simplex

Also known as Herpes - Genital

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Genital herpes

I have been tested and waiting results . Was just anxious . My partner recently broke up with me because he said he didn’t trust me and then this pops up. Does this look like herpes?

Last reply
  • is anyone else experiancing outbreaks every 2 weeks?:(

Im new to this site! Im 25 years old I caught genital herpes 3 years ago and only ever had my first outbreak..then for the past 3 months ive had the constantly every 2 weeks.doctor gave my supressive therapy but still ive experianced an outbreak now..does anyone else feel so down when they have outbreaks?...

Last reply
  • How effective is 1000mg valtex vs 500mg?

I am a 23 year old female. I have asymtomatic genital hsv2. To reduce shedding and transmission to my partner who I'm very sexually active with, I am on suppressive valtrex daily.  I increased from 500mg to 1000mg because I thought it would reduce shedding even more. Is this true? And if so...

Last reply
  • What are these bumps?? (PHOTOS) Herpes??

Im 14 years old and im a virgin, a week ago I noticed some blisters on/ around the opening of my vagina and I immidietly started to freak out. Ive never had oral sex either. I tolds my mom about this because im really scared that its herpes but she couldnt get me a gynecologist appoinnment till june...

Last reply
  • herpes at 56, married and faithful 37 years, is it possible?

I have never had a outbreak like this since I had chicken pox at 19. We had sex on a Tuesday and afterward I had problems urinating. The next day I felt like I was getting a uti. It started burning when I urinated and I felt like I was getting a yeast infection also. I started monostat and it helped...

Last reply
  • HSV-2 only: Who else, and how often do you have outbreaks?

Thought it would be good to have a discussion thread just for those with IgG/swab-confirmed HSV-2 (so not presumed cases). For personal "research" purposes, lol, I'm also very interested to know: 1. How long you've had it. 2. How often do you have outbreaks. 3. Did you have a history...

Last reply
  • Strange bump popped up, is this herpes?

This morning I noticed a very tiny red dot on the lip of my vagina that turned into a tiny pink ulcer looking bump. Its been 12 hours and now it feels like a pimple. If I pinch the skin it feels like a lump under there. It doesn't itch and if I press down on it it doesn't really hurt. I've...

Last reply
  • Herpes bad

Please help  Been like this for years  Now worse  Not sure where from I burn them off with ice and wartner Painfully 

Last reply
  • Thank to the two persons who have saved me, GHSV is scary

Dear all, I want to thank two persons: Feliz and Scarletter, because they have really helped me and calmed me down from those really dark days. So, I was diagnosed with hsv1 down there 18 months ago. I had a standard textbook case outbreak. I had went to std test 2 times and hiv test 6 times in 6 months....

Posted
  • Drying out herpes blisters quickly

Hi all, Used to quite an active member but have generally come to terms a little with my illness over the past ten months. As a back story I caught herpes off my new partner. He didn't know he had it and it was a terribly tough time. I've been through a major depressive period, but to those...

Last reply
  • IGG and IGM results both negative

Hello, I just received my blood test results for HSV 2, both IGG and IGM showed negative. Blood was taken 9 days after suspected exposure. However, I know that IGG only shows about 3months onwards, while IGM is practically useless. I've had some pain and a few blisters but the OB couldn't tell...

Last reply
  • I think I have herpes even though I tested negative 3 times

My partner I have been currently dating has genital herpes. We have never had unprotected sex not even once. The end of November I had tingling in my mouth and noticed little red bumps appear in the inside of my bottom lip and on my lip. No cold sores ever formed but my lips were tingling . I went to...

Posted
  • I'm in a lot of pain down there, could this be herpes?

I am 28 years old and had my first unprotected sex on a Saturday (06 Jan), but I knew my partner well enough to know he is clean, and said he is clean and was just tested last September. But being paranoid, I still went to the ObGYN on Monday (08 Jan) to ask about my chances of being pregnant. She said...

Last reply
  • possible herpes?

hey everyone, i am very anxious and regret having sex with a sex worker. long story short, i had protected sex with a sex worker a week ago and since then i am afraid of being ill. they sex worker cleaned my genitals and hers before and after sex. but it was dark in the room and i couldn't see if...

Last reply
  • is this herpes?

i have had protected sex with a sex worker. and some times it's very itchy down there and today i can see few pimples. please check the pic. the red pimple became red because i was trying to pop it and i cut it and it bled.

Last reply
  • Herpes viruts from all of sudden

Hi guys, I’ve been reading all of tour supportive stories about Herpes and today, I was so depressed that I need to share mine I was dating this guy for more than 3 years and thought we could have a happy ending. Needless to say, He cheated on me and slept with unknown number of girls We broke up...

Last reply
  • I've beed stressed how to tell my partner, what should I do?

Last december I felt so itchy down in my genital area I got sick and body pain and after 2weeks I got sores in my genital are which is so painful. I looked at it and research about genital sores and I never think twice that it's a genital herpes. I got all the symptoms. Me and my boyfriend has...

Posted
  • I've noticed these sore like pimples

Yesterday I noticed these medium/large pimples on the left of my labia majora and started freaking out. I've been having sex with this new guy for the past month now and it was idiotically unprotected, because I take contraception and trusted he was clean like he said. There were no signs of pain...

Last reply
  • Is there free testing for herpes?

I’ve self diagnosed myself for hsv2 around August and havent been to the doctors yet but the curiosity eats at me from time to time. I’m 17 and I’m deciding to just go and get a test but I want to do it without my parents being charged for a blood test since I’m on their insurance  (since my lesions...

Last reply
  • HSV-1 Transmission Questions

I have some questions about HSV-1 that I'm hoping someone can answer.  Back in November, I was diagnosed with genital HSV-1.  My doctor said I probably was infected via receptive oral sex.  Lucky me.  My culture was positive for HSV-1, but my blood test was negative...pointing...

Last reply
  • New to this - don’t know what to do!

I am currently abroad in a foreign country and whilst here I have been having a relationship with a local man. Since sleeping with him I have developed an outbreak of what appears to be classical genital herpes. Access to sexual health checks is not easy here and therefore I haven’t been able to get...

Last reply
  • I just got this bump on my vagina

I don’t know if it’s an STD or not but i got this one bump on my vagina and there was an ingrown hair in it, that i tweezed out this morning but it hasn’t gone down. It doesn’t itch or hurt. 

Posted
  • why did i test positive and my partner didn't?

I have been diagnosed with hsv 2 last week, my partner tested negative.  I dont understand that how is it possible that i only have it? we had unprotected sex for a month. We are both depressed.  I feel disgusted with myself for having this. We care about eachother alot but i do not want to...

Last reply
  • Blisters for 2 weeks

Hey. So a little background. I had sex with my bf two weekends ago. That Friday, we made out a bit a there was intense dry humping. That Saturday, we actually had sex and I was very dry and it hurt so much to the point that I told him to stop. We added a bit of lube then we continued. After that, I went...

Last reply
  • Bad Outbreak

I was diagnosed more than 20 years ago and my outbreaks have been really mind and infrequent.  Now I'm having the worse outbreak I've every experienced.  Multiple blisters and they're very painful.  Any idea why the symptoms would be so progressively worse?  There's...

Posted
  • Hsv 2 on tongue

Hi everyone  Hope everything is cool with you guys and I real appreciate your kindness I have one question I was told I had herpes type 2 on sept 2017 but the problem is that my tongue is not normal and I experience burning sensation on my tongue since sept up to date yesterday I went to see demertologist...

Posted
  • In need of some Advice (Hsv2)

I've been diagnosed with Hsv2 for over 10 months now from a previous relationship ... Now that Im in a new relationship My partner and I has a very understanding and open relationship .He doesn't have any Stds whatsoever we always try to prevent having sex whenever Im on and outbreak and we always...

Last reply
  • Help! Is this herpes??

So I have a small rash on the base of my penis. The bumps are small and red but not extremely clustered or puss filled... I’m not running a fever and don’t really feel bad besides that I’m kinda freakin out about what’s goin on...any thoughts??

Posted
  • 2 months since first outbreak & super itchy

it’s been 2 months since my first outbreak and i’m still super itchy in my vagina. I have no outbreak signs or bumps, just super itchy. also i’ve had sex 3 times since the outbreak went away and it was painful especially right in the skin between the vagina and anus. does it get better? the itching or...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.