Hi everyone

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just wondering how everyone is getting on.

Continue to share your tips please.

All help and advice anyone can give helps us all and its so good to read how others are getting on

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sim,

First day back at work and feeling a bit sore especially driving (takes me an hour each way) and sitting at my desk.  But feeling back to normal.  Its puree this week and yesterday I had corned beef hash with gravy, I cannot tell you how nice it was after the shakes and soup!  I'm probably eating between 800 - 950 cals a day most days with the odd exeptional treat.  How are you getting on after your adjustment re the food.  I just read your post to Charlie re your current circumstances, what a horrible story, you need positive people around you right now give yourself a pat on the back, you have restarted your journey, notice the sense of accomplishment that you will feel in each and every step! giving your self a pat on the back is raising your confidence and your appreciation of yourself, you are important dont let ANYBODY tell you any different.  You do not need these people in your life!  :-) xx

• Posted

Thank you Jo

I feel good about the band but no restriction still. I'm having days when I'm eating wrong food (some pizza with kids last night) but try to compensate other areas,like having an apple for breakfast today and drinking more water.

Yes you will still be sore. I still feel my portsite so much. When I'm cooking and reach over or the stomach area at portsite touches the kitchen unit its quite tender still.

I've got my checkup re the portsite adjustment op tomorrow. I hope they give me a fill to help lose a bit quicker.

Just asked my daughter if it looks like I've lost a bit of weight (I feel like I have but not weighed) and she thought I had a bit :D

Good luck to you and glad your now able to "eat" a bit different.

Take care

• Posted

Pizza, I hope that I can eat that too eventually!! you just made my day lol :-)
    • Posted

That's one of my problems Jo.

I've always been able to eat anything, even after the portsite adjustment.

Now I'm trying to be more careful though and I'm eating slower,smaller mouthful and chewing more to try and work with the band.

Really really want them to give a fill tomorrow and I eat less.

Are you taking vitamins, if so which ones. My doc put me on some effervescent ones but I can't stand them so haven't been taking any.

If your taking some "tasty" or easy ones let me know.

• Posted

Hi,

Well at least you are now being mindful, thats half the battle :-) 

I'm taking liquid floradix multivitamin tonic its not bad it tastes fruity, you only drink 10ml, the one without iron, I ordered it off amazon.  I also drink a large nutribullet everyday.  I make it with fresh spinach and kale, cucumber, apple, blueberries and lemon juice I then add spirulina and wheatgrass.  Its not pleasant I just down it it two halfs.  300ml at a time. I eat quite clean during the week and miss my veg!.  Fingers crossed for your fill! let me know how you get on.rolleyes

• Posted

Thanx Jo

I wouldn't be able to have that tonic - I need to have iron. Problems with my blood sad

I've cut down portions a lot. Eat rice n mince etc in small bowl instead of plate (the bowls full) and eat slowly. Sometimes messing on phone at the same time. Gives me break in between mouthfuls.

Yes I'll let u know how tomorrow goes.

• Posted

You can get it with Iron too! good luck today :-)
    • Posted

Hi Jo

I've been taking the floradix with iron for a few days and just wanted to ask you. Did it take you/your body the first week or so to get used to it at all.

I've found my energy levels are quite low and had more pain in joints.

Just wondering if there's a link or if it's just general effect of eating less etc.

I've got my appointment for second check on 20 Aug - consultant and myself will have a better idea of my weight loss over the six week period and whether to fill or not.

Hope you're well and continuing to lose it well :D

• Posted

Hi Sorry for delay, it takes a week or so to kick in, maybe its the lack of food as you say creating a lack of energy?  

I've not lost much, a pound since my fill last week.  Although, thats because I indulged on the wine over the weekend!  however one thing I can say, I haven't eaten any take away or real rubbish since the op for the lack of effort and dont crave it - wierd! with the exception of rice!

I think my loss will be really slow, I'm not hung up on it to be honest 1/2 pound a week is good by me as long as it comes off and I can still have my wine on a weekend.  I eat 3 - 4 small meals per day most of it is clean and walk.  thats it.  I'm starting training again next week.  I'm glad maybe that will help me make better choices, maybe not!.

How are you? :-)

• Posted

Hi Sim,

A week of very healthy eating and low calories walks and swimming. -1lb..

Had a new diagnosis of poly cystic ovaries which was thought to have started when I was around 18/19 which is when the weight really started piling on. The doctor told me that is also why I struggle to lose weight. I'm going for an ultrasound to assess whether surgery is required. It's infuriating as honestly, I find it very difficult to eat in this way and then to see no results is devastating. 

• Posted

Hi Eleni

Oh that's awful,but at least you've been diagnosed properly now.

I hope you don't have to have surgery and it can be treated otherwise.

It is so frustrating when we try so hard to lose the weight only to be knocked back by some underlying illness.

I wish you well. Let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi everyone

Just an update.

Just been for my six week check after the portsite adjustment.

Haven't had a fill because apparently theirs already 3ml in my band and as I discussed everything I was doing with the consultant he said I was working with it well. Ie not feeling so hungry and eating less taking time over it etc.

Although I'm well pleased,they didn't have my weight from before the op but had it from a September appointment.

I've lost 15 kilos since then and I think most of it is recent.

So the consultant has said he'd rather not adjust at the minute in case it restricts too much. Though he is going to see me in 6 weeks again to see how I do then and adjust if needed.

Hope i can carry on like this :D

• Posted

Happy for you sim, keep going! smile 15kg is fantastic!
    • Posted

Thank you :D

Like I said they're last weight record was September so not sure whether its all recent or since then but at least its heading in the right direction.

• Posted

Yes Lynne

Thank you,I'm really pleased.

I've still got a long way to go yet though.

But at least its going the right way :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.