Hi everyone

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just wondering how everyone is getting on.

Continue to share your tips please.

All help and advice anyone can give helps us all and its so good to read how others are getting on

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Brilliant Sim, its great news, well done lol x
    • Posted

Thank you Jo

How are you doing.

I've been feeling quite drained - could be the heat too.

Think I need to sort out the vitamin supplements too. Probably not getting enough with cutting down

• Posted

Hi - this heat is really affecting me today - haven't managed to eat much at all well the liquids lol and just feel out of sorts - can't believe I'm saying this but hope it's cooler tomorrow!

• Posted

I know how you feel. It is supposed to be hottest today though.

Its been 38 in my area.

I've had "cool summer" food today and plenty fluids.

Small bowl of crunchy nut (actually put crushed ice in with the milk made it cooler n less fattening lol)

Sweet corn cobette lunch and now having crispy chicken with a spoonful of coleslaw potato salad and sweet corn salad.

• Posted

Still early days for you, you wont be very hungry.  I'm week 3 and every week that passes I can eat more as my body adjusts.  Just keep the fluids up.  Dont know where you are, (i'm in the Yorkshire Dales) its humid and just finished raining.  Flying midges everywhere!  But at least its cooler today ;-)x
    • Posted

I'm in Swindon Wiltshire. It's been raining on n off n cooler here today as well.

No Jo I was originally banded 3 years ago and had my portsite adjusted 6 weeks ago so I am getting hungry too and sometimes eating more or less.

Just taking each day as it comes :D

• Posted

Hi everyone

I sometimes eat and know I've eaten enough but after it or within a half hour or so feel as if I'm starving.

I know its not hunger, I used to feel like this before too and then give in and eat or snack again. Now I'm trying to control it and having a drink or letting it pass.

Does anyone else feel like this and what do you do

• Posted

HI Sim,

Yes its blood sugar, although since I started having my nutribullet, I also put L'glutamine and spiralina in it my sweet cravings have subsided.  I'm happy with a glass or dilute or try an ice lolly.  There are loads of low cal ones and it will take a while to eat it!.  I didn't get home until late so I didn't log on.  Got in at 7.40pm, got changed and went for a 40 minute walk, I must be nuts I was drenched when I got back.  I'm upping my excercise as my appetite has totally come back and i'm eating between 1000 - 1200 cals a day.  Get my first fill in 3 weeks.  :-0 x

• Posted

Thank Jo

It's good you've got your appetite back, just be conscious of it. I know you'll be great coz ur really focussed :D good luck for your fill but I'm sure we'll chat before then

• Posted

ps dont forget the floradix liquid vitamins with iron, you will have loads of energy in no time.
  • Posted

Hi Sim,

How are you getting on? just to advise that I have had a 'bad' weekend.  I decided to have some wine, not had any for ages.  Ended up drinking 1.5 bottles What followed............. well, 6 small bags of wotsits, 1 pack of roast beef noughts and crosses as they just melt and 6 slices of corned beef, 1 chocolate mousse and a fresh cream Meringue.  Ask me how sick I felt!!!!  Honestly, so annoyed with myself all my good work down the drain, however just proves that I am human.  So closed that chapter  and walked for 1 hour,  going to really watch myself next week, learning is, that I need to cut the alcohol unless special occasions.  How about you x

• Posted

Sounds like you had a great weekend enjoyment wise lol.

I was bad Friday evening nibbles - had pack of quavers,spoon of ice cream

Saturday daytime went with kids to summer party n had a couple of mini chocolate chip muffins and 2 mini burgers n mini pieces of quiche. On the way home my son wanted a fresh pasty so I had a steak slice too.

Evening dinner - no I'm going to be good now lol didn't last. Sitting watching movie with kids nibbling on popcorn.

Yesterday was a bit better. Had a small roll late morning then was full till evening was going to have spicy cottage cheese for dinner and protein but it went out the window when I made the kids pizza n chips.

Didn't have the pizza but had a small bowl of chips with some gravy.

(Normally would have had the pizza and chips)

As you say though we are only human and will have a bad day or 2 but we can just forget about it and get back on track.

At least you had your walk and burnt off a bit of yours :D

Just having a porridge now.

• Posted

Sensible, nah the walk hardly made a dent.... ha ha, had my nutribullet, nice this morning, soup for lunch sensible tea... well its a weekend thing, dont know what it is, however I suppose if I dont buy it I cant eat it, maybe just get the wotsits this weekend ha ha.......... this is only to be so hard, as my weakness is wine.  I start out with good intentions!

Spicy cottage pie sounds yum, at least you only had small portions!!!!  it will kick in tomorrow when my nutritionist phones and I have to tell her I stayed the same.  But this is were I need to test myself this weekend... do I really need it.  New motto, need or greed lol!! I have put a little notice on my fridge, failing to plan is planning to fail!!!!  next to my fridge magnet that says 'back away fatty' that didn't work on Friday, need to embed the message this week ha ha ha ...... jo x

• Posted

Hahaha

Back away fatty - love it

I'm actually quite surprised at how I'm resisting chocolate though. I've got biscuit bars in the house for the children and had a chocolate orange that I had bought for myself a few weeks ago. (Normally would demolish it within cople of days) frozen it and only had two pieces so far.

Try and get your husband or children to help.

Me and my husband don't talk much and don't think he's noticed if I've lost any or not as we're not as a standard couple now. But my daughter is helping and taking things away or saying "you don't need that" because I talk to her that I've lost the weight and want to carry on and get healthy to be able to do a bit more with them.

She knows how much it means to me

• Posted

Good idea, think I will do!  I haven't told that many people so its hard.  Also some of those people I suspect wouldn't be so supportive, hence not telling them.  

Ps yes I thought the magnet was funny too.  Have a good day, I am, ill check in tomorrow ha ha :-) x

• Posted

ps well sone with the orange! discipline ha lol
    • Posted

Yeah I haven't told many either - like you said many wouldn't be supportive and may give negative vibes.

• Posted

Ha-ha not sure how much orange was actually in that lol
    • Posted

Another thing I've found good are the quorn products. Very good in protein and low in calories.

I like the mini kievs. There tasty and 6/8 of them are filling and not many calories. So you can have a tasty treat and not be guilty about it :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.