Skip to content

Weight Loss - Intentional

Also known as Dieting, Gastric Band, Losing Weight (Dieting), Obesity

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Can't loose side fat

I have been exercising regularly for the last 4-5months and lost almost all the fat around my body but can't seem to loose the fat around the side / lower back how can I combat this it's depressing as I have worked so hard but no difference in these areas can anyone help?

Last reply
  • How loss your weight with in 1 week

There's a lot more to losing weight than simply eating better and working out. If you want to dramatically increase your chances for long-term success, you'll also want to modify the behavior that surrounds your meals and physical activity. Try following these simple tips for one week—one for...

Posted
  • What is the best diet for Weight loss?

The answer is –The best diet for weight loss is the one you can stick it. ​ Weight loss is the most common topic right now. Everyone wants to be fit. Most of us have tried so many different diets. But we haven’t got the results, what we are looking for? It’s all about to have the right...

Last reply
  • Techniques That Help The Experts Lose Weight

When you take all the available weight loss information out there into account, you may soon feel confused. That is understandable. You need to start simple to get the best long-term results. Below you will find some easy, and fast, tips to get you started on your weight loss path. An often overlooked...

Posted
  • Is it possible to lose this much weight in two weeks?

First image is me naturally, second image is me sucking   In my stomach. I have a competition coming up and really need to lose fat. I lost majority of my water weight but it’s going up again a bit and I’m still felling bloated. Anyways is it possible? Thank you. 

Last reply
  • Keto Diet & Current Daily Medications

I stated the Keto diet recently. I have experienced a decrease in energy, very fatigued and bouts of dizziness/feeling light-headed. I am currently taking a low dose Metoprolol for tachycardia and wondering if that may have something to do with it? Has anyone else experienced this on a low carb diet?...

Last reply
  • Sudden problems after 5 years banded

Hi guys I’m nearly 5years banded with success of 5 1/2 stone weight loss, my band was at a good place where I could eat small meals and snacks and drink plenty. About 6 days ago I wasn’t paying attention properly and I swallowed before I had chewed a piece of sandwich, it came straight back up and since...

Last reply
  • Orlistat , uterine fibroids and overthyorid

Im 27 , I've had overthyroid issue since 2011 and taking methimazole 5 mg (3 times per day ) and Uterine fibroids ( 18 mm ) . Doctors said it's too small so they didn't give me any treatments for it . And... Ive gained weight so easily recently ( from 47-56kg ) I've tried different kind...

Posted
  • Gastric Sleeve in France

Hi,  I'm wanting to have a gastic sleeve in Le Havre in France.  I understand a lady called Tullia is very helpful and the price appears to be great. I have a BMI of 32 and have yo-yoed in weight all of my life - up and down and getting bigger each time.  I need a GP referal which...

Last reply
  • BMI is obese

Hello there I have calculated BMI from this site https://howtocalculatebmi.online .It shows that my weight is obese.I don't know what to do Now.How should I decerese my bmi

Last reply
  • i need help i cant stop eating

I'm 4"10 and weigh over 180 pounds I can't stop eating I eat healthy meals but in between I eat family sized chocolate and sweets and drink high sugar coke My stomach has already reached 37 inches and I have to buy x large men's clothes Please someone help me break my dependence on food...

Last reply
  • am i overweight

I am 19 4"11 I weigh 180 pounds and my waist is 37 inches I need help before I develop health problems I'm constantly putting on weight because I can't stop eating I am disgusted with my body and have to wear men's x large clothes should I be worried about my size please help

Last reply
  • how do i stop eating and lose weight

I'm 19 4"11 tall and weigh 180 pounds my waist is large at 37 inches and I have a 40%  body fat I'm currently putting on 1 - 2 pounds a week I get bullied and get out of breath climbing stairs and where x large clothes How do I stop eating junk and lose weigh t Please help me I'm...

Last reply
  • how can i feel full and reisist junk food

Im very fat and overweight to the point of wearing x large clothes ev en though im 4"11 but I can't stop eating and I'm putting on wright rapidly every week please help me stop eating My body fat is 40% and I weigh 185 pounds I know I've asked before but please help

Last reply
  • am i overweight

Im really concerned about my size im 4"11 tall and weigh 180 pounds my waist is 37 inches  i get called names and get out of breath walking Am i overweight im really concerned for my health

Last reply
  • Sharing my experience

I actually use Verso Nutrition and claim the cost of supplements to my insurance company. The guys there have been great; they’ve helped to confirm what I can claim, assisted with the claim itself and also provide shipping of products like Boost, Ensure, etc.. I highly recommend them!  

Last reply
  • How to stop bad snacking habits?

I wouldn't say I quite hit obese yet, but ever since becoming pregnant (my son is now 1) after all the sugar cravings I just cannot stop snacking on junk food! I get really miserable if I go a day without chocolate and I'm embarrassed and scared about the implications this unhealthy obsession...

Last reply
  • Opioids & Bariatric surgery

I had my first ever app with the bariatric surgeon today after waiting a long time for the app. I am 44 & have a disease in my spine which has caused me to be in chronic pain for the past 3 years & I take opioids prescribed by the doctor to relieve some of the pain. I was told today by the bariatric...

Last reply
  • Gastric band

I was referred in February I just got an appointment to see a dietition I have copd, sleep apnea, I don't want to look good I just want to be able to walk I have a really bad back how long will I be waiting I got referred for breathing problems.

Last reply
  • Gastric sleeve

Hi thinking about getting gastric sleeve surgery but the price in uk is Very costly in thinking of going to Bulgum or Poland or France has any one be any on been to these countries

Last reply
  • Help with an answer about weight loss surgery on the NHS

Hi all.  I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if i will be given weight loss surgery on the NHS.  I went to a place in Liverpool called Aintree loss about 18 months ago and lost about 2 stone, but although i have tried my best to eat sensibly i have now put that back on and more besides....

Posted
  • Gastric Bypass on NHS

Hi all, I recently spoke to my GP about weight loss surgery as I have battled with my weight my whole life. I’ve lost weight many times and always gain it again. I have high blood pressure and my BMI is over 40 so he told me I would be eligible.I’m from the north east and have been referred to the food...

Last reply
  • Gastric band

I have severe osteoarthritis and I am 19 stone and aged 50 I've tried everything but without exercise can't lose weight I have been offered a band but am scared of mostly being put under for the op any advice does it work is it safe anything will help thanks x

Last reply
  • Implant & Weight Gain.. Help???

I'm 24 and I am on my second Contraseptive Implant the first implant i had for 3 years never really caused any trouble I was stilll energetic,I manintianed a healthy weight and my mood swings were managebale... until the last few months, i expected this though as the implant was due to be renewed....

Last reply
  • bariatric/endo advice needed please!

I went to drs 6 months ago and asked to be referred to the bariatric surgery team at my hospital, she agreed after weighing me (bmi 41) and looking into my medical history (i have hypothyroidism, polycystic ovary syndrome and im pre diabetic- all connected) I have my appointment next week (feels like...

Last reply
  • please help me with my size

I was wondering if I can have a gastric bypass privately I live in UK I am 19 150cm tall I weigh 80kg my waist is 38 inches and my body fat is 55% I get out of breath walking up stairs and hills Please someone help my before I develop diabetes or something  Would an operation help me I have...

Last reply
  • Help with weight loss

I want to lose weight. Can someone see these exercises and tell me if they are fit for weight loss or not? Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.