Skip to content

Weight Loss - Intentional

Also known as Dieting, Gastric Band, Losing Weight (Dieting), Obesity

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Gastric sleeve

Hi thinking about getting gastric sleeve surgery but the price in uk is Very costly in thinking of going to Bulgum or Poland or France has any one be any on been to these countries

Last reply
  • Opioids & Bariatric surgery

I had my first ever app with the bariatric surgeon today after waiting a long time for the app. I am 44 & have a disease in my spine which has caused me to be in chronic pain for the past 3 years & I take opioids prescribed by the doctor to relieve some of the pain. I was told today by the bariatric...

Last reply
  • Help with an answer about weight loss surgery on the NHS

Hi all.  I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if i will be given weight loss surgery on the NHS.  I went to a place in Liverpool called Aintree loss about 18 months ago and lost about 2 stone, but although i have tried my best to eat sensibly i have now put that back on and more besides....

Posted
  • Gastric Bypass on NHS

Hi all, I recently spoke to my GP about weight loss surgery as I have battled with my weight my whole life. I’ve lost weight many times and always gain it again. I have high blood pressure and my BMI is over 40 so he told me I would be eligible.I’m from the north east and have been referred to the food...

Last reply
  • Gastric band

I have severe osteoarthritis and I am 19 stone and aged 50 I've tried everything but without exercise can't lose weight I have been offered a band but am scared of mostly being put under for the op any advice does it work is it safe anything will help thanks x

Last reply
  • Implant & Weight Gain.. Help???

I'm 24 and I am on my second Contraseptive Implant the first implant i had for 3 years never really caused any trouble I was stilll energetic,I manintianed a healthy weight and my mood swings were managebale... until the last few months, i expected this though as the implant was due to be renewed....

Last reply
  • Diet/Surgeries or Supplements – What to Choose?

My elder brother, in his late 30s, is struggling with obesity and now breathing problem have also started. So, we are looking at different options which can give a quick solution. Need some suggestion. Which is more effective - diet, surgery or supplement? Please suggest.

Last reply
  • bariatric/endo advice needed please!

I went to drs 6 months ago and asked to be referred to the bariatric surgery team at my hospital, she agreed after weighing me (bmi 41) and looking into my medical history (i have hypothyroidism, polycystic ovary syndrome and im pre diabetic- all connected) I have my appointment next week (feels like...

Last reply
  • Sharing my experience

I actually use Verso Nutrition and claim the cost of supplements to my insurance company. The guys there have been great; they’ve helped to confirm what I can claim, assisted with the claim itself and also provide shipping of products like Boost, Ensure, etc.. I highly recommend them!  

Posted
  • i need help i cant stop eating

I'm 4"10 and weigh over 180 pounds I can't stop eating I eat healthy meals but in between I eat family sized chocolate and sweets and drink high sugar coke My stomach has already reached 37 inches and I have to buy x large men's clothes Please someone help me break my dependence on food...

Last reply
  • please help me with my size

I was wondering if I can have a gastric bypass privately I live in UK I am 19 150cm tall I weigh 80kg my waist is 38 inches and my body fat is 55% I get out of breath walking up stairs and hills Please someone help my before I develop diabetes or something  Would an operation help me I have...

Last reply
  • am i overweight

I am 19 4"11 I weigh 180 pounds and my waist is 37 inches I need help before I develop health problems I'm constantly putting on weight because I can't stop eating I am disgusted with my body and have to wear men's x large clothes should I be worried about my size please help

Last reply
  • Help with weight loss

I want to lose weight. Can someone see these exercises and tell me if they are fit for weight loss or not? Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the...

Last reply
  • Gastric band in 4 days time!

So am due to have my band fitted on Sat,am really excited and just a bit nervous about it. Am I doing the right thing etc. Have been on the pre-op diet for just over a wk now,found that hard as the first few days I felt terrible and was sick but am into the swing of it now. Was weird having my 'last...

Last reply
  • Pre op diet

hello, can anyone advise me? Can I use slim fast as part of my pre op diet plan? Thanks

Last reply
  • Weight Loss

Weight Loss Extra weight puts pressure on your body overall, making it harder for blood and fluids to move around on the inside, and for you to move around on the outside. This can trigger leg cramps, hemorrhoids, backaches, physical exhaustion, and more. Losing weight reduces the amount of fatty tissue...

Posted
  • Is this a normal thing

Hey guys and gals I'm on a journey to loosing weight . I notice of have alot of mood swings and sometimes horrible thoughts in my head . But that's from coming off a week of antidepressants. But I was 566 down to 495. I was boarder line diabettic but my blood sugar is about 6.0 everyday and also...

Last reply
  • I had been working on to reduce my weight since lat 2 weeks.

I had been working on my self to reduce weight. •It's just the work has been keeping me busy in night. •I work 12 hours shifts in nights but I make sure I eat 2 meals during the day. • I have quit eating meat and became vegetarian. •I drink 4 liters of HOT water which helps me facilitate in digestion....

Last reply
  • Gastric band advice please

I’ve decided to go through with a gastric band. I have my first consultant appointment in a week to discuss things.  Before I go I want to get a better idea from “real peoples” experiences so I can ask the right questions.  I’ve been struggling to lose weight for most of my life and seem to...

Last reply
  • Very overweight but have taken things in hand

Hi, I am a schizophrenic who has to take anti psychotic medication which puts me on tons of weight, also have a bowel complaint which impacts on my depression and since 38, for 20 years I have had weight issues as the build up of my meds over time has increased and I'm now on them for life. I got...

Posted
  • Implant weight gain

I got my implant in February and since then I’ve gained so much weight and can’t lose Anything. This is effecting my happiness and I feel so self conscious when I have intercorse with my other half, feel ashamed of my body. I feel disgusting and I’m scared to eat anything sugary because I will gain so...

Last reply
  • Gastric bypass on the NHS?

I know this can be a controversial topic but I don't want any grief or personal opinions I need help and that's why I'm here thank you!!! Anyhow i am at the very first stages and wondered if anyone could share their experiences..... Where I live before you are referred to the bariatric services...

Last reply
  • Gastric Sleeve in France

Hi,  I'm wanting to have a gastic sleeve in Le Havre in France.  I understand a lady called Tullia is very helpful and the price appears to be great. I have a BMI of 32 and have yo-yoed in weight all of my life - up and down and getting bigger each time.  I need a GP referal which...

Last reply
  • Getting Off Topamax Due to Hair Loss - Angry and Need Advice

In April, I finally saw a Dr about my weight. I had been watching what I eat, exercising and drinking half my weight in water every single day and still not losing any weight. At the time, I weighed 237 lbs. I should have been losing weight with diet and exercise, so I figured maybe I should get some...

Last reply
  • Unexplained weight loss

Hi, I am new to this and would really appreciate your thoughts and advice. About 9 weeks ago I got indigestion and heartburn in the bottom of my breastbone (the start of the stomach from the oesophagus) and took some Gaviscon. This didn’t do anything so after a week I went to the GP who said it could...

Last reply
  • A 14 Year Old Needs To Lose Some...

I just turned 15 on Jan 3rd. I am 5'4 and 170 lbs. I am damn near obese, but I do not look like it. I gain weight mostly on my belly, my upper back and up to the back of my neck. My family has cleaned up since my parents had me very young and did not lead healthy lifestyles. My dad got a job at...

Last reply
  • Extreme weight loss skin reduction

I am in the process of an extreme weight loss.   After only 50 lbs off I can see that I will need to get serious about a skin reduction...  I'm turning into the Michelin Man on a hot day!!! "  At this point I just want to get other peoples experiences/info on the subject. ...

Last reply
  • Tight band

Need advice. I have ear and chest infection. Band is so tight it hurts to drink even. Is this normal ?

Posted
  • Gastric band- struggling

Hi everyone! Just looking for more support and help with my gastric band. Had it fitted in August 2016. 3mls in right now. Initial weight loss before any fills was really good- obviously from the swelling. However, been struggling the past couple months. I don't get a feeling of fullness before...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.