Protein advice for an idiot please!

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello! so i'm 2 weeks post gastric bypass at the moment and I've discovered that I cannot stand protein powders (tried multiple) so I'm panicking now because protein is going to be such a huge part of my life basically forever and I'm stuck on what to do, when I can start eating normally I love chicken so I can eat protein no problem but im 100% sure I'm not going to be getting enough and everyone uses protein shakes or drinks/yogurts and I just can't stand them

I've been looking at protein supplements and you barely get 1 gram of protein per tablet so that's not viable like I was hoping unless I take 40 a day.

I should of thought about the protein shake problem more but I was just concerned with 'get the surgery and get healthy' and now I'm left wondering what I'm supposed to do

any advice would be greatly appreciated, im feeling like a grade A idiot at the moment

sam

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.