Waiting for WLS.... how much longer?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum, but thought I would begin this conversation for anyone who's going through similar.

After 5 years of appointments, blood tests and weight loss, I am currently at the 'top of the list' for a gastric sleeve in my area. I am 25 years old, and have been waiting since I was 20 to get to this point.

I've done the usual - jumping through all the hoops and loops required to prove my consistency and motivation to do this. I'm coming on here today, moreso out of sheer heartache and desperation now.

I missed a call this morning by a couple of seconds as I was on my way to work. After 20 minutes of trying to get through to the hospital switchboard, being transferred to paediatric management & liver transplant (?), I speak to the woman whom called me, for her to tell me the call was to offer me a surgery date, however within the 20 minute gap of trying to call back, it had been filled already by someone else.

I can't tell you how much this has really really knocked my confidence and increased my anxiety over this now. I can't believe that because I missed a call, despite being 'at the top of the list' they didn't bother to call me back a couple of minutes later, and instead just simply went on to the next person waiting.

I can't help but feeling bitter and just distraught. 5 years waiting and the first date I could've been offered, I missed, because I couldn't call back on a no-call number.

I can't be the only person who's been feeling this way. It would be great to hear from others who are in the same position as I am - just sat tight, waiting for that call to come through (and to be longer than 3 rings!).

x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.