Hi my husband has had thyroid Graves disease and I have conceive is that a problem?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi my husband has had thyroid Graves disease and is on medicine however thyroid level is reducing but still over border line. And I have conceived and just want to know if is that a risk or problem for baby?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

dear Megha 77611,

iI went thru a lot of different things with my thyroid, and the only time i had to remain at least

10 feet from pets and other people is when my thyroid was nuked. if your husband has done this the time should be at least 7 to 10 days. your baby would not be affected if these rules are followed. But, I believe you should also speak to your physician. I am a retired nurse, but i also think you should be assured by a physician.

best wishes foryou, your busband and your new little one

Arlea

• Posted

dear Megha 77611,

iI went thru a lot of different things with my thyroid, and the only time i had to remain at least

10 feet from pets and other people is when my thyroid was nuked. if your husband has done this the time should be at least 7 to 10 days. your baby would not be affected if these rules are followed. But, I believe you should also speak to your physician. I am a retired nurse, but i also think you should be assured by a physician.

best wishes foryou, your busband and your new little one

Arlea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.