Hiatus hernia...left side of stomach gurgling and rumbling...excessive belching

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was diagnosed with a small hh earlier this year and I 've been managing my symptoms with PPI and antacids. But as I type, my stomach is making all these loud sounds making me extra gassy and I am burping a lot .i also have loose stools and I m nauseous. Could this all just be the hh having a bad episode or could it be something the doctors missed?

I m so worried .

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christelle. I also have a hiatal hernia. I have excessive gas which is painful. I have to watch what I eat. I mostly do liquid diet since other food make it worst. My doctor prescribes Dexilant as an antacid. So I know how you feel. I also try to wear loose clothing.
  • Edited

I have hiatius hernia which. Has been worse since gallbladder removal and i suffer nausea on waking a lot of the time,,does that trouble you or anyone else?
    • Edited

Hi Ann! I do wake up nauseous as well many times. All this is so scary to me because these symptoms are so close to the ones with someone stomach cancer. I live in fear every day that something terribly wrong will happen to me.
  • Posted

Dear Christelle, I am nauseous and belch all the time. I was told it was due to my hiatal hernia. I try to eat food that is soft and i eat slowly, sometimes standing up. Ask your doctor which foods to avoid. Hope this helps.🤩

• Posted

Will definetely help thanks. I need to try everything to feel close to normal again
  • Posted

When I was diagnosed with a 3cm hiatus hernia they said I also have mild gastritis. I think this may account for the gurgling as well as the hiatus hernia. I wouldn’t worry.

• Posted

Do you also belch the moment you swallow something? It happens to me everyday. Even when it's just water I drank. I have to burp. The smallest thing makes me burp. What is going on with me???

• Posted

Yes I do. Even if I have a bit of water overnight on an empty stomach.
    • Posted

Oh wow. And I thought there was something terribly wrong with me. I m just worried about my bloating now. I will have to see a doctor soon.

Thanks for the reply eric.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.