HIV health anxiety, please help!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm an 18 year old female that's made a mistake!! Basically from the beginning... I was diagnosed with severe health anxiety about 5 months ago and I still very much struggle with it, physically and mentally. Moving on to the HIV part, I recently had sex with a guy that I barely knew and know nothing about his sexual history. The day after I asked him if he had any sti's just to make sure (I know I should have asked him before but it didn't cross my mind). After I asked he replied 'I've got HIV' and my stomach dropped, I was begging him to tell me he's joking but he spent the next 20 minutes convincing me he had it and it wasn't until I started crying he told me he was only joking but by then the idea was already far implanted in head and since he told me I've felt like I've had a fever, sore throat, ear ache and migraine and I'm 100% convinced I have HIV because we didn't use a condom and he ejaculated inside me. the day after I went to get PEP and I'm currently taking it just to be safe but I think it's really having an affect on my anxiety and making it worse and I just keep googling symptoms of HIV and everytime I read a new symptom I start to feel it but I don't know if the symptoms are just side effects of the PEP or even symptoms of anxiety. On top of that now I'm starting to question if I've got HIV from previous sexual partners as I never used a condom because I trusted all of them and knew exactly who they'd had sex with. I get the results back from my first HIV test in 3 days but that won't cover all my sexual partners as I was told the results may not be accurate before 3 months but I don't want to be this worried for another 3 months I feel like I'm going insane! Could anyone offer some reassurance please?sad

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

firstly lets hope that your test results come back ok and lets hope you lean a very very fallible lesson stop sleeping about (all my sexual partners) good god your only 18 have some respect for yourself

• Posted

I've slept with 5 people in 3 years that's hardly a lot, I was just making it clear that I'd had more than 1 partner, didn't come here for a lecture but cheers for the 'support'

• Posted

mel come on girl I dont wish to give you a lecture but you must learn to have more respect for yourself and 5 people in 3 years is a lot i'm sorry

people come on this forum for support as you have called it people get anxiety etc myself included of no fault of there own you have come here for support for something that YOU are in control of if you dont show yourself some RESPECT no fella will I STILL WISH YOU WELL WITH RESULTS life is short itself dont make it shorter yourself 

• Posted

I have plenty of respect for myself, you've literally read a paragraph about one experience in my life how can you make a judgment from that? Everyone has different opinions and generation/age is obviously a factor so you may think 5 people is a lot but sorry I don't. I don't think you understand, this situation has NOT caused my anxiety, I've had it for months, whether someone has anxiety or not they'd still be worried about having something as serious as HIV.

• Posted

I have to step in here ste - please stop being so harsh on this poor girl who is obviously in a state of sheer panic and fear . She is 18 years old for goodness sake, did you not do anything you regret at that age, I know I did. Being judgemental by saying ' have some self respect ' , what century are you living in ? I'm sorry but I'm very upset and angered by your harsh comments to this poor girl and let's not forget there was a MAN involved here, a man who has put the fear of God in her head by telling her he was infected with HIV and then retracting his words after having sex with her. Being cruel and judgemental is not helping, we are here to help with kindness and caring words please remember that.

• Posted

Seems like you only got "symptoms" after you already thought you might have HIV. Anxiety can do that to you. I have health anxiety also and have convinced myself I have heart disease, a blood clot in my leg, that I'm going deaf, etc. once I get the clear from the Doctor the symptoms usually go away. So stay strong I'm sure you're ok. Also, no amount of sexual partners per year is an indicator of how much respect you have for yourself. No need to shame people for being sexual beings on here as this is a support page. I say have all the sex you want just make sure it's safe sex next time and every time after that!

• Posted

Thank you so much Mandie! Honestly I've been through allllll this before thinking I have a tumour, cancer, blood clots etc and as you said the symptoms always go away after visiting the doctor! I definitely will not be putting myself in this position ever again, I never usually sleep with anyone I don't know/trust and this is exactly why! Thanks again X

• Posted

lol I love when woman stick together

from a dads point of view which I i'm I would be totally devastated if my daugter come home to me and said she has had to have a HIV test

I wish you well mel   

• Posted

I was wrong....about not being transferred....but probably not likely.

Blood (including menstrual blood)

Semen / Cum / Precum / Ejaculate

Vaginal secretions

Breast milk

Blood contains the highest concentration of the virus, followed by semen, followed by vaginal fluids, followed by breast milk.

• Posted

It's not a case of having to have one, if you're sexually active you should have all tests done just to be safe, I understand where your coming from but it could've been said in a nicer way and without the accusation of me having no self respect

Thanks anyway

• Posted

apologue mel you are right in your reply I really do hope everything is ok with you and all is well please please be very careful in the future
    • Posted

If one of my daughters came to me saying she needed to be tested I would hold her hand support her and show her all the love and support she needed to get her through it and so would her loving father. Show some compassion I would be terrified of you if you were my father !
    • Posted

I i,m a very loving father to my 6 girls and 4 lads thanks very much and my kids do come and talk to me over anything 
    • Posted

Well Im very pleased you believe that ! You come across as very judgemental and critical im afraid - you are criticising this poor worried girl by telling her to have more self respect which I find harsh and cruel , can't you see that if you re read your words. You seem to have very one sided views , just remember it was the man involved who has put this fear in this girls head she didn't ask for it and should not be punished or made to feel guilty for a moment that happened. You are trying to make her feel ashamed which is totally wrong of you surely you can see that !

• Posted

you might have a point I can be stuck in my ways and as for the man involved if i was her father well I dont really have to say anything now do I 
    • Posted

Well people come on here for reassurance and comfort from people who can help without judging, there are times in life when we all need help and people to talk to to make us feel better about problems in our lives. Some of us can't sleep at night through fear and worry over different things that make us sick with sheer dread. Anxiety is a horrible thing to live with that can totally consume every waking moment of our lives so please be a little more compassionate with your words, if you understood anxiety you would know what I'm talking about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.