Hives

Posted , 4 users are following.

How has everyone been feeling. I'm 3 weeks gluten free and feeling much better. I've been able to cut way back on my medicine routine too. Last night I ate some candy and I had some hives and swelling today but nothung like a few weeks ago. Fingers crossed.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Wow! Heather that is wonderful. Keep up the good work!It takes a long 'time to heal, but don't give up.

I am eating closer to" normal" now. I lost about 15 Kg and thought I would gain a bit back, but that is not happening. I really need to buy some clothes that fit, now that I am skinny. I hate shopping!

• Posted

Feeling great AND losung weight is a wonderful combination! Good for you!

I'm trying to follow the diet for leaky gut. I have a ways to go before I'm eating "perfect" but it has to be helping. I do still crave sweets and I know I am no supposed to eat sugar. Do you take probiotics? I watch this while video that this doc in Los Angeles California put together and at the end he is selling his probiotics and as much as it may have been an advertisement, it was informative and it seems like his product could really "fix" our gut and intestines - along with healthy eating...it just made sense. I don't know.

• Posted

Congrats, glad it's working for you! I did that and also cut out most of my sugar intake and my hives are 99% gonel. They will still show up on my feet if I go barefoot on hard surfaces, but I can live with that. I just always wear shoes! But seriously, I drink water and tea, no sugar. That's about it. No fruit juices, sodas, no Diet sodas, no smoothies... It's boring and it sucks but i feel better. Keep up the good work!

Blessings.

• Posted

I miss cake. I do. But for now I'm eating gluten free alternatives. Do you drink or use milk? Coffee? I'm just curious. I do have one cup of coffee a day and I only use just a little skim milk. I am willing to switch out to an alternative. My next battle is ice cream and frozen yogurt. ...I haven't had any but I do miss that too!
    • Posted

Heather, I was a sugar freak! Krispy kreme donuts, Milk duds, everything. I would eat half my kids' halloween bags! But My last physical showed I was in a "pre-Diabetes" condition, so I went 'cool Turkey'. Not quite 'Cold' but i drastically cut down my sugar. I'll have a lttl ebit of dark chocolate, although 72% is all i can stand. And not the whole bar, just a square of the Lindt. Or 1 or 2 Andes mints at night. I never drank coffee, and hardly touch milk. I did lose 22 pounds with the combination of gluten-free and reduced sugar. But it is a struggle every day. I've had the same snickers bar on my desk for almost 2 years now. It serves to remind of how well I'm doing. I've almost eaten it a hundred times, but I've managed not to. Gotta be strong!
    • Posted

I'm going to try to make "healthy" gluten free pumpkin bread but I totally wasn't thinking ahead to Halloween. My weakness is York peppermint patties. Any size. My son has food allergies so I really sore big time at halloween. Anything he couldn't eat or trade....I did. Oh well. I'll try to stay strong. If you did it, I can try too. I do remind myself how desperate I felt a few weeks ago & I DO NOT want to feel that way again! Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.