Holep Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I had holep surgery done under spinal anesthesia

on February 6, and overnight stay in Hospital.

February 7 back home and my urine was almost

clear, then around 8:00pm my urine was completely clear like normal, but on February 8 in

morning my urine came with a fresh red blood until

now despite I am drinking plenty of water, beside

that I feel my back pain, please I need your advice

and your own experience.

Thank You

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the procedure on February 8th. had catheter removed the next day. came back that afternoon to do a bladder empty test. bladder was full 950 ml. as a result my left kidney was hurting severely. I thought it was gas from anesthesia. once they empty the bladder the pain went away. I didn't think much of it because I got the pain while the catheter was in. evidently the catheter was blocked by blood clots. so they reinserted an 18 French catheter instead of a 22 French which was much more comfortable. 5 hours later the clots blocked the catheter flow. they told me to go to the ER if this happened again however I figured there's got to be a better way than going to the ER every 5 hours. I disconnected the hose from the catheter used a syringe to plunge it back and forth until I got fluid in the syringe. I sit in the bathtub disconnected the syringe and let the fluid from the catheter just pour into the bathtub. I did this twice both times significant blood clots. the second time the blood clots were larger in size. the first time I got about 50 clots out. the second time I got about half the amount but the clocks were larger. I've not had a problem since I'm on day two of the second catheter still have another day to go. if your back's hurting I it could be your kidneys. I hope this helps

my urine looks like cranberry juice .

• Posted

Hi Bill, Thank you for your input, for me right now I still have a blood in urine, I was told by my uro it take time to heal.

• Posted

I had a friend who had it done about 6 months ago. he said give it about a week or so before it starts changing back to normal urine color.

• Posted

I am not sure why you are messing with the catheter, it's dangerous, there's a baloon in there that's supposed to keep it in place. Back pain could be kidneys, I'd call your doc asap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.