Hot Flashes...any remedies??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello ladies,

I was wondering what if anything natural has anyone taken or done for your hot flashes, please?

I don't smoke, drink soda or any type of alcohol. But I like to have at least one cup of tea in the morning. And, this perimenopause monster is trying to take even my cup of tea away from me!! 

Any suggestions or tips would greatly help me. 

Thank you so much!

love and hugs,

Misha

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I suffer very bad with head sweats so I wont drink coffee in public cos it goes worse then, except cold coffees. I have asked my gp but been offered nothing for flushes or sweats, hoping that when i have gnrh injections they will then give me something or at least advice! X
  • Posted

The only thing that seems to help me is ice water all of the time. I drink so much water I feel like Im getting water logged but my hot flashes have become less intense. Before I go anywhere I put bottles of water in the freezer and carry those and drink them as they thaw. Hope this helps!
  • Posted

hi misha

I have hypothyroidism and i am in menopause I do get hot than cold than hot it varys 

I also get the palpitations due to the hormones, the thyroid the acid refux and my anxieties. 

I just started taking Neurontin 100mgs twice a day to help with my anxieties and depression i take it with ativan and Trazodone to help me sleep. Ativan and Trazodone alone was not helping me with these anxieties so thats why i added Neurontin 

I do not know of anything natural for hot flashes accept for progesterone pills you could try them or antidepressants help i read that neurontin can help with hot flashes and menopause symptoms talk to your doctor 

• Posted

Thank you Susan. I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me.

Hope you also feel better. 

take care,

love, 

Misha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.