How do I know if my cyst ruptured?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently got a pelvic ultrasound and my dr said they found a cyst on my right ovary. She said it was "medium sized" (3.3 cm) so it's not harmful. I'm supposed to get another checkup in 3 months to see if it went away. Lately, I've been having some pain during and after sex and some temporary sharp pain on my right side (like cramps). Now, I'm getting brown discharge instead of my actual period. The discharge has a bit of a foul smell and isn't too crazy (just like spotting). No burning sensation either.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does this mean the cyst ruptured? Not sure if I should go to my obgyn just cause of this.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi I didnt want to read and run. I suffer cysts and have them monitored every 6 months as they are not causing problems at the moment they want to leave them alone. I suffered a ruptured cyst some years ago and it was the worse pain ever. it was a very dull sharp constant pain which wouldnt go away at all which was when I decided to go to a&e ass the cyst had burst itself there was nothing they could do other than painkillers. sometimes cysts can rupture and only cause slight pain. I normally use hot water bottle and hot bath if they start causing pain but if they are too severe maybe a trip to hospital or call your doctor to check.

the bleeding i sometimes get aswell I actually started to suffer burning sensation before my period aswell which apparently is something to do with the cysts though I cant find anything online about it being linked. my doctor but me on mini pill and that has helped my symptoms.

hope I've helped a little bit. good luck with your appointments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.