How do you know you got it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I keep getting heart flutters, blood test came back normal and blood pressure is normal. I get flutters in rest or activities.

Advice please?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi  r20732

Have you had any other form of testing of the heart ? "Fluttering" can mean a range of things not necassarily to do with the heart. I see your heading says "How do you know you got it ? " ...... everyone experiences it a little differently but in angina it is usually heaviness, squeezing, pressure or crushing sensations that are extremely painful usually  accompanied by shortness of breath, a cold sweat, feeling nauseated and dizzy, the pain can also radiate to usually the left shoulder and arm  but can radiate to both, also neck,jaw and even your teeth pain van be felt. That's the usual tell tale signs of angina

• Posted

Thanks for reply, I'm not short of breath or have pain except for heart flutters.

What else can it be? I was thinking maybe caffeine however I've not had a coffee since last night and woke up with them this morning.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi,Sometimes your heart can have a "fluttery" feeling and it should be treated with due care. People can also have a flutter every now and then and it turns out to be just natures way (this is of course any heart condition is ruled out) If it is deeply concerning you have a chat to your GP and he/she can organise an appropriate test.

Stress can do it,panic/anxiety....it could be anything really, caffeine and certain medications can cause a heart flutter.

My advice would be to go back to your GP and have a good chat, having a normal blood pressure is a good sign, as for the bloods it depends what they were testing for.... what ever came back norml in the blood test is also a good sign.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.