How its going

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just wanted to let you all know that my tapering is going well! Im used to the 3 tramdol now for sure and im not getting many things from the withdraw like I was! anyway my plan is stil to take my last 2 pills sunday night and cold turkey Im planning to use all the things I said! Ill document my day by day in a diary type way and tell everyone what I did what i took and so on. With regards to the no sleep that people seem to experince Im planning to go as caffeine free as possible maybe cutting it out after 6PM if that doesnt improve my chances of sleeping maybe trying caffine free. I plan to have a pill free day for the first time in years problay after 72 hours if not a bit longer aka no weed or paracetmol or anything else.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

For restless legs try iron. Go to pharmacy an ask what highest dose one could take is for short time. Try magnesium an hot baths with Epsom salts which is magnesium. Goodluck! You can do this! Remember its only temporary until ur body adjusts. If you have enough pills why dont you think about dropping by half a pill fr the 3 every 7-8 days. Everyone wants to hurry tapering off pills or quiting cold turkey but it has high chance of using again to relieve the withdrawals esp on 3-4 day. If you do go c.t. throw away all pills. I would start halfing the pills if you are on 3 a day an dropping by half every 7-8 days to let ur body adjust to low dosage. Whats the rush? Someone said that to me when dropping Klonapine. You WILL eventually be off an be more comfortable doing it. Is there someone that can hold pills for you? Or are you alone? If you dont think you can taper correctly an give in then throw away pills an do the cold turkey. Remember withdrawals will pass! Just watch out for mental withdrawals. God bless.

Zio

• Posted

Iv tapered down from 6 a day to 4. Starting tomorrow im gona try 2a day. Iv substitute a few things as I suffered from anxiety disorder sin e age 11
  • Posted

Good luck....I've tried and went from 3 to cold Turkey and lasted 37 days! Couldn't go any more than that. I am back to 6x50mg a day, but I am trying again and have just dropped 1x50gm 3 days ago. Hope all goes well for you 
    • Posted

Oh man I wish I could get off for 30 days. My problem with them is the.anxiety and panic part of it. Iv had awful problems with anxiety since I was 11. I went from 6 a day to 4 for about a month. Tomorrow im gona try 2 a day with attarax for anxiety. Prayers please :-)
  • Posted

When I get to 3 again I am gonna open up the tablet and half the powder. They are not time release tabs and that is the only way to get 25gm! Why they don't come in 25gms in England! I had to go back on Trams after 37 days as I couldn't take any more of the withdrawals! As soon as I took 2 tabs, within half an hour I felt "normal" again and could do things....Everyone is different and no two withdrawals are the same, so I hope you succeed!
    • Posted

See thats my biggest fear is that the withdrawal symptoms will never end. 37days of withdrawal would be hell. I dont know if I could take it. That would seem like it would never go away. How much are u on now? In the usa they aren't in capsules they are tablet pills. So cutting them in half is hard.
    • Posted

Hi Dawn. I'm on 250 gms 5 x 50gms tabs a day for the last 3 days. I've been on 6 - 7 tabs a day for 4yrs. I weened down to 3 a day and that was by reducing 1 tablet a month! By the time I was on 3 the withdrawals were already kicking in so I stopped all 3 tabs. The. The nightmare began! The most worst withdrawals ever! You name it I had it and the most awful depression/anxiety. After 37 days, most of that spent in bed! I couldn't take any more. I'm gonna take a longer weaning time this time and hopefully succeed. I know it's not going to be easy and I do expect withdrawal symptoms. But I have to get my brain healed, no matter how long it takes. I just want to feel like "me" again!
    • Posted

Ill be praying for you and keep me posted here or in our messages. Ill do the same. Maybe we can help each other through it :-)
    • Posted

You may need an antidepressant because Tramadol messes up serotonin an norepinephrine in the brain. When its taken away theres not enough serotonin an other brain chemicals because the Tram was doing it an your brain shut off making them. Does that make sense? Trust me I know. Im a Tram addict (recovering still) after 8 mnths free an Im going thru depression an anxiety since Sept. I was ok after detox facility for 5 days in May until Sept. Then bam. I wanted my pills back. I wanted to be happy again. Started on Lexapro Dec 13. Hasn't kicked in yet. I was taking 20-25 pill(50mg)s a day for 2 yrs. Before that took it normal for 5 yrs. Had a seizure in 2009. Fell into corner of parents t.v. stand. Taken to ER by ambulance. Embarrassing. Humiliating. I had taken 3 @ one time. Stupid! I was depressed b4 I started Tramadol I think. Our daughter died in2000. So the Tramadol cam into picture in 2006. So I guess Id been actually taking it for 8 yrs. I just realized that! Orthopedic dr gave it for tibial stress fracture. An I have fibromyalgia an herniated discs in lumbar region. Im in or was n medical field. Stay at home Mom now for 5 yrs. 12 & 17 yr old boys. Love them so much. I quit for them an me. But had to do it under medical supervision since on such high dosage. So went to detox facility in my town. Tx.USA. for 5 days. Dont remember much except taking hot showers at night. I left there on Klonapine (anti-anxiety) an then put on Zoloft (antidepressant) an it started workin around mnth an two wks but so many side effects. Horrible. Had to wean off. Then told to wean off Klonapine. Really horrible to withdrawal fr benzodiazepines. Then Sept started feeling down. Then in Nov found out Im ink n menopause. No period fr Aug on. From the Tramadol! So got even more depressed an started on Lexapro on Dec 13th. Not really working yet. Hopefully it will. But dont take Tramadol an an antidepressant together. Could get Serotonin Syndrome. Deadly. Only after Tram is out of your system can you take anything that increases serotonin an the other chemicals in brain. So if you do stop you might look into an antidepressant. If you can taper down slowly you might try going down by half a pill not a whole or even cut pill into 4ths as you get down to 3-4 pills a day or lower. Goodluck. I went to a psychologist for 5 mnths an Narcotics Anonymous.I know you aren't taking as many as me. Goodluck you can do it!
    • Posted

Thank you. That's a great. and I will pray for you too. We need all the help we can't get x
    • Posted

All Tramadol dependence usually needs an antidepressant at some point. I needed one. Tramadol addict here. WAS an addict. 20-25 a day. Stopped on May 12,2014. Yeah for me! I couldn't have made it after the initial detox of 5 days without Klonapine an Zoloft. Just some advice. An a psychologist. Turns out I have Generalized Anxiety disorder an depression. Have had it all my life (the anxiety part) probably. I remember eating my skin around my nails,stomach pains,joint pain. Tested for everything under the sun at 12-13 but everything neg. Even Rheumatoid arthritis test. Nothing ever done. I would worry all the time. Crying at night at the thought of when parents die. At age 8-now!!! That's nuts! So Tramadol did something mentally for me. Stopped the anxiety an depression (out daughter died in 2000). So stopped it at detox facility. Sick of the "getting the pills here on time by USPS so dont feel like doodoo" game. Expensive off internet. Now its against the law in the U.S.(tramadol )to get off internet. Its a controlled substance since Oct '14'. DEA could confiscate package an give you a phonecall or showup @ ur door or fine you. So glad about that. Tramadol is a slippery sucker. Iv been on 2 different antidepressants Lexapro (no go. Did nothing mentally an gained 15lbs in 3mnths an sleepy ALL the time!) & Zoloft. Zoloft has worked but I stopped it back in Aug. Stupid. It was workinv but had diaherra so bad. But thats sideeffects. They will go away if I had stayed with it. Also started menopause in Aug! So Im one crazy chick! Just some advice. Dont suffer with tram withdrawals. Theres Klonapine, xanax,atavan etc for the anxiety an restless legs part. An an antidepressant for the downs. It could last mnths esp if on it for yrs (Tram's ) its called PAWS. Post Acute Withdraw Syndrome. Not pretty but a reality of major narcotics addiction. Stay hydrated to! An I cant stress enough EXERCISE! !& go talk to someone or go to NA meetings. Goodluck to everyone! Oh one more thing. A Dr offered me a low dose of Tramadol last wk. 2-50mg a day for the depression an anxiety since I use to take it an it helped me with that. Well took it for 4 days. COULDN'T TAKE IT! It made me so sleepy all day an didnt do ANY thing for fibromyalgia an my lower back pain. An wasn't gonna go up on dosage. Hello! Tramadol addict here! But I really didn't even want it! Felt like crap on it. Stopped it Thurs. Started Zoloft again. Thankyou God for having my body reject it!

Best of luck to everyone suffering. You can get off. Get help with it!

Zio

• Posted

Im proud of u . good luck. Don't be afraid. Once get over the worst. U will start little by little to feel like u. N I'm not talking overnight I'm not talking 9 months. Stay strong. N never go back.
  • Posted

well I ran out of them forgot to get a new prescription gone from taking 8 a day down to nothing and it's been really bad sweating feel like having a bout of the flu virus my head has been spinning all the time really can't think straight at all starting to forget where I've been and what I've done I also take amitriptyline too which I still got enough off i never thought it would be this bad but taking a drug for this long and a high dose It has been Christ knows what damage its done to my organs I only got one kidney I wish the doctors would tell you how dangerous these drugs are if you stop but they don't as its money too them and it's easy to say "take this for the pain" and everything will be fine
    • Posted

Oh boy. Im praying for you. Keep hydrated! Get electrolyte mix to mix with water. No caffeine. Makes it all worse. Ibuprofen if you can. Hot baths with Epsom salts. Heating pad even in bed at night or electric blanket for restless legs. Iron supplements if you can take them. Go to pharmacy an ask what dose would be good for you due to one kidney an tell them you are going thru Tramadol withdrawals an they might have some good ideas. Immodium AD (anti-diaherra) couple a day. Eat good. I know you feel like sh*t but walking briskly esp at night can help with anxiety. Insomnia can get the best of you to. Watch out for that an try to get as much sleep as possible. Drink lots of water to flush out the drug but dont over do it an get low on sodium an other electrolytes. Alternate water an then electrolyte mix. Im recovering Tramadol addict. 8 mnths free. Im going thru PAWS rt now. Look it up. Depression an Anxiety started in Sept. I was doin ok until bam, depressed an wanted my pills back bad. Im on Lexapro now for 4 wks but hasn't kicked in yet. Im just glad Im not doin the "tryin to get more pills an worrying about when package of pills comes so I dont have withdrawals" cycle anymore. I was taking 20-25 a day for 2 yrs. Had to go to detox facility. To dangerous to do it at home alone. 5 days an left with anti-anxiety med. Goodluck an god bless!
    • Posted

Great advice thank you I'm cutting down Too 4 a day amtriplyine been the only drug that's giving me full pain free and a good night sleep I drink plenty of water I use a hot water bottle during the day and cold pads for my lower back pain I'm also taking meloxicam 15 mg one a day was on codine but that was awful like having the flu everyday then co codamol but that gave me cramps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.