How long before I feel better

Posted , 5 users are following.

Help....I had my last period twelve weeks ago and sinc then I have felt horrendous.  Some nights I don't sleep at all others I get couple hours.  I am experiencing terrible anxiety but the worse part is feeling nauseous and terrible dizziness this seems to start around 4pm and continue into the night.  Is this normal and will my body get used to low oestrogen and if so how long does it take. My head feels like it's full of wool and really heavy.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I totally know how you feel.  I felt sick from around tea time every day for a bout two hours.  Also got the shakes.  The anxiety was terrrible.  I thought every twinge was a serious illness and I was going to die!!!!  I also had a very irritated bladder and sore joints, numb hands in the morning and other symptoms.  I stuck this out for 4 months but just could not manage and I was prescribed HRT.  This alongside myrabegron for the bladder, some supplements and physio input I am so much better and feel I have my life back.  Everyone has to find there own way through this but I would go to your GP and get some advice and take it from there.  Good luck.XXX
  • Posted

Hi Kazza I'm suffering symptoms similar to you. Dizziness came on me in March this year and never settled

I feel off balance whenever I get up in the morning and it can be there all day, some days worse than others

I've had ct scan and had a consultation with ENT, consultant seems to think I have vistibular migraine, he said it can be caused by stress or hormone decline

I don't have a lot of time tonight to go into great detail, I just wanted you to know that your not alone and it will get better

Try to stay calm I know it's really hard but things will ease

I've not had a normal period since December last year, I've had some heavy bleeding brought on by trying different HRTs. I've now been on livial HRT for 66 days, I haven't really been bothered with hot flushes so don't know if the HRT is of any benefit to me

My main symptoms are - dizziness, poor balance, inner tremor, weak jelly legs, anxiety, uncontrollable crying at times, haven't had a lot of headaches but have had a brutal migraine for a couple of days

Hope this helps and we can chat sometime

Take care x

• Posted

Thanks Brendababy it's nice to know I'm not alone with this just seems never ending and a new symptom pops up each day 😨 X
  • Posted

Yes i understand how you feel can't sleep at times have to drink sleepy time tea and take several baths durring the night to help me relax 

Then anxieties at times feeling hot than cold than just plain tired and worn out 

and the nausea too 

• Posted

I am tired all day! I get 9/10 hours sleep and still feel tired in the morning 😞 All my blood tests came back normal except high uric acid and in peri, I also have constant watering eyes for 3 months, been told I have dry eye but nothing works to stop it! & the dizziness is upsetting me I feel like I'm going to pass out!!  Is all this normal? Feeling really low with all this & just lost my gran too 😥
    • Posted

Hi spree I've pm you earlier. I'm plagued with the dizziness and balance problem. Sometimes I feel kind of drunk if you know what I mean, like today I was really shaky, slurring my words, dizzy & can't explain it really just felt off balance

Try and keep calm I know getting anxious makes it much worse because I get myself into a state with it all, I hate being on my own as I start thinking negative and I dread mornings as I always feel off balance when I sit up in bed sometimes I sit and cry

On a more positive note I know that the symptoms are temporary and I'm looking forward to all this settling, I feel I'll never take my health for granted ever again

I hope you've had a good day, enjoy the rest of your weekend

Brenda x

• Posted

Hi Brenda, where did you pm me? Would be good to chat...
  • Posted

I have answered your pm Brenda 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.