How long before your body sleeps naturally?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I finished Zop months ago, now on various herbal meds, I.e. Valerian, melatonin, GABA etc.  Trying to cut down those too.  But sleep is 3 hours or so, then awake for 2, take some camomile tea, sleep restlessly for another 2 or 3 hours.  Trying this week to get even lower, but exhausted.  Some have said 4 nights no sleep and you're done.  Not for me.  Any suggestions.   My brain is so much clearer off the Zop that I don't regret not sleeping well, but would like the best of  both worlds I guess.  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cass

Good for you for being able to come off of the zops.

I don't have an answer for you as I still take Zops, silenor and Ativan and still barely sleep, but if you find out something that works I would love to hear about it.

Best of luck to you.

Karen

• Posted

Did you taper off the zopiclone properly with diazepam or just stop?

Because if you didn't do a taper you won't sleep well for about 18 months.

• Posted

It took me months to come off.  My idea.  I was more on this site then as I slowly got off after years of use.  I am 75 and was widowed in June.  Did not take  any  Zop at all.  But obviously have stress.  Doctors have been surprised saying older people are on this and refuse to come off.  The most encouraging thing has been a clearer mind, and realizing that I truly did not realize how UNCLEAR my mind was.  Too bad we all can't have really good clinics helping everyone without judging.  3 or 4 doctors have said the exact same thing to me.  "We didn't know.  We were told it was not addictive."   

• Posted

Are you in a jurisdiction that allows cannabis or medical cannabis? A little before bed may help, particularly as tea, etc...

Is it your mind rambling that keeps you from sleeping? You have been through a lot, AND off zop. Don't beat yourself up, relax, and try to really clear your mind of every single thought, even if just for a while....  

• Posted

I seriously doubt if cannabis will clear Cass's mind, Judi!

• Posted

I don't know, it works for me and isn't addictive like zop. I have anxiety and mood disorder issues it helps me clear the mind before bed. When Cass mentions a "Clear mind" I think she is referring to "clear thoughts" and those can keep you up all night long!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.