How long for Mirt to completely leave your system.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

I stopped taking Mirtazapine 7 days ago and have never felt so good, so much better than when i was on them and the change was immediate. I'm waiting for the crash but so far all is good. Can anyone tell me when it will be completely out of my system. I have been on 15 mg for 4 months.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

10 to 14 days my doctor told me. Mirtazapine leaves the body mainly through the kidneys and partly through the bowel. I'm glad you are feeling good. It's a good sign. Stay with it and stay positive ☺
  • Posted

Your story is about the same as mine not going on them again,but that's me not everyone is that lucky 
  • Posted

thanks stardust hope it lasts.
  • Posted

Fogster, if you were only on 15 mg for 4 months, your withdrawal should be somewhat less than what most of us have. I am pleased that you are feeling great. I was on 45 mgs for over 6 years, and the crash was awful. Keep your fingers crossed, as you may not have the misery that most people on the post has had. Most of us don't take the time to write anything unless there are already unpleasant issues. I am back on 7.5, and in one month  am cutting them in half for another month (3.75), then every other day for a month, and then try it again. I wish you luck, please do the same for me. Regards, David
  • Posted

i was of meratazipine 5 days felt gud then down i went the headaches dizzyness spaced out orrible feelings almost like flu just startin to feel beta after 5 wks but ov course we r all different i wish u well
    • Posted

Jeanette, I am glad that you were able to tough it out, and that you are beginning to feel better. I, too, was off the mirt for several days, but due to having IBS symptoms, I couldn't take them both, the pain and generally sick feeling, so my doc put me back on 7.5 mgs. I hope that I can get off them at some point. Thanks for sharing.

David

• Posted

Hi, I've been taking Mirt about 1 1/2 years 15mg I start cutting it in half 2/28/23 and stopped 3/6 a few days I was sleeping normal I find myself waking up over & over starting the 8th. I start taking Calmable and wondering if the Melatonin in it was doing this. when my Dr. put me on mirt she also put me on melatonin but I couldn't sleep.

I am taking calmable to take the place of mirt should I stay on it longer or just go cold turkey? I wish you the best google says it's out of our body within 4 days to 8 days.**

• Posted

I've been taking mirtazapine for the almost 3 months, but I want to stop. Called my gp, just said to take it every other night for a couple of weeks and then stop. Not sure is the right way. Did you tapper off or just stop cold turkey?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.