Hydrocele surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am 18 and i am in good health. 6 days ago i had surgery to remove a hydrocele that was about the size of a tennis ball as it was making me very insecure and embarrassed. And at the moment was wondering how normal it is for it to about the same size as before the operation and it is also very hard as if it is already back. I am aware that is meant to be swollen but how do i tell the difference between swelling and it returning and im not sure how to deal with it if it does come back after how much it has already affected me mentally. Any updates on how your experiences were after 6 days would be very helpful as well. help Asap please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

My experiance, and detailed updates are in the post down the page, My hydrocelectomy journey.

I'd guess you are just experiancing swelling, and hematomas. You can hold a flashlight to it, if its liquid (hydrocele) the light will pass through.

Me personally, the whole experiance wasn't any where near as bad as I expected. My right side was the size of a grapefruit. I still have some saggy skin on the right side. but, its better than that grapefruit lol. And I had two large ingrown hairs/cysts at the incision site, took about 4 months but they were absorbed by the body. The hematomas were mostly gone by 2 months.

• Posted

Update its been 10 days since the surgery and im feeling better but im still a bit concerned on how big it is.

it is definitely smaller then before the operation but is still about 8cm long so am hoping that its just swelling but i thought swelling was usaully feels squishy more then hard?

• Edited

My experiance was similiar if you read my lengthy post, lol. If I recall it was much smaller than before surgery. But still had a hard lump about the size of an egg. It was a hematoma that I believe was gathered around the testicle.

I recall the hematomas I had after this, and my vasectomy were hard feeling than the hydrocele.

• Posted

Yeah but were you able to feel a difference between the hematoma and the testicle?

as i dont think i can feel a difference currently

• Posted

Hi,

how is it now? I am in the same situation I cant tell the difference between swelling and if it's refilled

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.