Hydrocelectomy hasn't changed anything.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I'm 15 years old and in august of 2015, I got my hydrocelectomy because of a hydrocele I had for about a year. Now, in january 2016, about 6 months later, the size is pretty much the same. The doctors told me that the change would'nt be immediate and it would happen over time. The only thing that did change was after the surgery, the hydrocele was smaller than it was before, but since then it has stayed the same. Is there a reason for this? There's no way I'm going in for another surgery!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had two surgeries in a 5 month span as after the first my testicle stayed significantly larger I'm over a year post second surgery and it's still the size of an egg. Apparently the testicle often times stays larger due to scar tissue and from where they peeled back the membrane and sew it to the back of the testicle. I have commented on many other threads and many other guys have had similar experiences as I have. So the testicle will most likely stay relatively larger than before the surgery or hydrocele and unless it's actual fluid that had returned (they said mine had but it didn't the doc didn't realize till second surgery it wasn't fluid) another surgery is pointless.
  • Posted

Hey guys I'm 19 and is in a similar situation as KingKooper. A large Hydrocele was on my right side of my sack. I had a hydrocelectomy performed in December 2014. A year and 3 months or so later nothing much has changed with the swelling never leaving. There is still some kind of mass existing, which is not much smaller than the hydrocele I had. This mass feels nearly the same as the hydrocele except a tad firmer and rougher at the top. When I try to shine a torch light through it doesn't light up  

like it did with the hydrocele. I know I should man up and go get it checked out but I'm a little worried and embarrassed to go back a second time. I want to get a bit of an idea of what I could be in for and what It might be when I do have the balls to get it checked. Cheers. 

• Posted

From what i have been told by 2 doctors it's the actual membrane that you are feeling. They peel it back around the testicle and stitch it to the back of the testicle.Essentially its like peeling a banana and sewing the banana peel to the bottom of the banana (best description I can come up with), so everything is still there it just prevents it from filling up with fluid again. The doctors never told me about this they said everything would go back to normal after surgery well I had 2 and no such luck it is still abou the size of an egg and you can actually see and feel(almost a wrinkly feeling) where the membrane surrounds the back half of the testicle.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply patsfan5777! Yeah that does sound about right with my situation, good description as well haha. Still going to get it checked out just in case and to put my worries to sleep haha.Yeah they never informed me about it either I was under the assumption everything would be how it was before the hydrocele formed. So does your membrane thingy have basically the same feeling as well the hydrocele, like feels like it's filled with fluid? That's about the size of mine aswell and can also feel that wrinkley sort of feeling around the top and back half of the testicle. 
    • Posted

It looks swollen you can see the outline of the peeled over membrane through my scrotum i wouldn't say it feels like it's fluid it feels more "rubbery".
  • Posted

16 years old had my op in January and same situation for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.