Hyperhidrosis since late 2022

Posted , 1 user is following.

TL;DR: I am a 22-year-old male from India dealing with hyperhidrosis since late 2022, which worsens after ejaculation. As a recovering addict, I suspect excessive masturbation may be a contributing factor. I experience excessive sweating throughout my body, fatigue, brain fog, and anxiety. Doctors have suggested meditation and prescribed beta blockers, but I discontinued due to increasing doses and side effects. Thyroid tests showed normal levels, but my basophil value and PDW were slightly abnormal. I have stopped exercising and seek advice on natural or medicinal treatments. Drinking sage tea for relief. Seeking guidance and suggestions from doctors.

No drug or alcohol abuse.

Dear Doctors,

I am a 22-year-old male from India, and since late 2022, I have been dealing with hyperhidrosis. After careful reflection and analysis over several months, I have come to realize that I have been experiencing a distinct odor following ejaculation. It is important to note that I am currently in recovery from addiction, a habit that has been prevalent since 2015.

The issue I am facing is excessive sweating, which affects various areas of my body, including my forehead, neck, chest, abdomen, groin, and calves. It takes minimal exertion for me to become completely drenched in sweat. Additionally, I frequently experience fatigue. In 2021, I contracted COVID-19, and I still feel a lingering brain fog that seems to worsen after ejaculation. This has led to the development of anxiety, as I find it challenging to navigate social situations without people questioning the excessive sweating. Interestingly, I did not experience such profuse sweating during the summer of 2022.

I have sought medical assistance, and while doctors have suggested meditation and prescribed beta blockers, I was hesitant to continue the medication for an extended period due to the increasing dosage and the onset of side effects like dizziness. It is worth mentioning that I continue to sweat even in cold weather conditions. Moreover, I have been experiencing gastrointestinal disturbances.

I am curious to know whether a decline in testosterone levels can cause hormonal imbalances leading to hyperhidrosis. Additionally, I would like to understand if excessive masturbation, to the point of addiction, can result in hyperhidrosis or other related ailments. If medication is necessary, I would appreciate guidance on the correct procedure for treatment. I have already undergone thyroid tests, which initially showed slightly elevated T3 levels but subsequent reports indicate normal thyroid levels. However, my basophil value is currently 00 (range: 1-2), and my PDW is 17.5 (range: 9.0-17.0).

Due to this condition, I have discontinued my exercise routine, and it has had a significant impact on my social life. As an attempt to find relief, I have been consuming sage tea for the past week, as I have read that it has been beneficial for women experiencing hot flashes.

Thank you for taking the time to review my concerns. I am open to any guidance and suggestions you may have regarding my situation.

Sincerely

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.